or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Safari keeps freezing-how to get out of it?

Safari keeps freezing-how to get out of it? - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

It sounds like you've already covered that possible issue (the hard drive). Am I right in understanding that it ran for a couple of weeks without an issue?

That is true
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by vensmith View Post

Even once you tap the power button to sleep to make sure it's something you can not write to the drive's power down.Basically I have a twirling ball, the same kind that shows when a YouTube Video loading.The have tried to practice before the cursor description is unfamiliar to me. At this point, I'm worried about all the hard shutdowns.

That's what it looks like, I also get that youtube spinning ball on some videos. The safari freezing has slowed down though
post #43 of 48
hey steve666. I'm getting the exact same thing. It started happening a couple months back...but now it's happening everyday almost.

my wife has a newer macbook pro and she's not having any problems. she's running the same version of safari.

this is so frustrating
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuboo View Post

hey steve666. I'm getting the exact same thing. It started happening a couple months back...but now it's happening everyday almost.

my wife has a newer macbook pro and she's not having any problems. she's running the same version of safari.

this is so frustrating

I notice its much worse with the adblocker extension. If you have that, delete it
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

I notice its much worse with the adblocker extension. If you have that, delete it

Rather update it, as the AdBlock extension works perfectly fine for me.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Rather update it, as the AdBlock extension works perfectly fine for me.

I installed the newest version and almost immediately started having problems.
I have the newest version of flash so it isn't that
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

I installed the newest version and almost immediately started having problems.
I have the newest version of flash so it isn't that

Doubt it's AdBlock, then. Run through the rest of your extensions and older add-ons you may have.

post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Doubt it's AdBlock, then. Run through the rest of your extensions and older add-ons you may have.

If it got better right after deleting it so wouldn't that point to adblock being the culprit?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Safari keeps freezing-how to get out of it?