or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Safari keeps freezing-how to get out of it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Safari keeps freezing-how to get out of it? - Page 2

post #41 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

It sounds like you've already covered that possible issue (the hard drive). Am I right in understanding that it ran for a couple of weeks without an issue?

That is true
post #42 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vensmith View Post

Even once you tap the power button to sleep to make sure it's something you can not write to the drive's power down.Basically I have a twirling ball, the same kind that shows when a YouTube Video loading.The have tried to practice before the cursor description is unfamiliar to me. At this point, I'm worried about all the hard shutdowns.

That's what it looks like, I also get that youtube spinning ball on some videos. The safari freezing has slowed down though
post #43 of 48
hey steve666. I'm getting the exact same thing. It started happening a couple months back...but now it's happening everyday almost.

my wife has a newer macbook pro and she's not having any problems. she's running the same version of safari.

this is so frustrating
post #44 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuboo View Post

hey steve666. I'm getting the exact same thing. It started happening a couple months back...but now it's happening everyday almost.

my wife has a newer macbook pro and she's not having any problems. she's running the same version of safari.

this is so frustrating

I notice its much worse with the adblocker extension. If you have that, delete it
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

I notice its much worse with the adblocker extension. If you have that, delete it

Rather update it, as the AdBlock extension works perfectly fine for me.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #46 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Rather update it, as the AdBlock extension works perfectly fine for me.

I installed the newest version and almost immediately started having problems.
I have the newest version of flash so it isn't that
post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve666 View Post

I installed the newest version and almost immediately started having problems.
I have the newest version of flash so it isn't that

Doubt it's AdBlock, then. Run through the rest of your extensions and older add-ons you may have.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #48 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Doubt it's AdBlock, then. Run through the rest of your extensions and older add-ons you may have.

If it got better right after deleting it so wouldn't that point to adblock being the culprit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Safari keeps freezing-how to get out of it?