or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Looking for a webcam/mic for Mac

Looking for a webcam/mic for Mac

post #1 of 2
I have a Mac Pro and am looking for a Webcam/Mic. There are many on the market so I'm having a hard time deciding which one to get. I know some are HD and I'd be glad to get an HD webcam but that is not necessary. I have several questions:

-I have looked at mainly Logitech Webcams but are there other brands I should look at?

-I want one that will mount to the top of the monitor

-I use the Mac side mainly and would like to use it with Photobooth, iChat, and Facetime and possibly Skype in the future. There are times that I use Windows XP or Windows 7 through VMWare so I would like a webcam that has drivers for both Mac OS 10.6 and Windows XP/7

-The other feature I would like is one that has a built in mic. There are times I will only use the mic and not the video. Is it possible to get a webcam that works also in mic/sound mode only?

Thank you for your advice on the above.
post #2 of 2
I don't know about Windows compatibility, but we just bought the Logitech quickcam vision pro for Mac and it was a snap to set up and the quality is much better than the built-in isight of the most recent imac. It has the built-in mic you're looking for.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Looking for a webcam/mic for Mac