or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Kernel Panic???? HELP!!!!

Kernel Panic???? HELP!!!!

post #1 of 21
Solved
post #2 of 21
Your Airport card shows up as the problem in both of those. It might be the driver or the card itself. You can turn off wireless and run your internet over ethernet over the holidays. Then take it back for a warranty repair when you get the chance to.
post #3 of 21
Solved
post #4 of 21
Solved
post #5 of 21
It's most likely a hardware problem... take it back to Apple for warranty repair.
They'll want to keep it overnight (or longer) so they can let it run until it crashes ...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #6 of 21
I agree with the above. The vast majority of kernel panics are hardware related. Even if you can diagnose them by reading the logs, you probably won't be able to fix the problem yourself. (Unless it's RAM-related, which is sometimes the case.) The so-called "clean install" rarely fixes anything.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by delijablace View Post

Turned off airport, and use it on ethernet about half our and it seems that the problem is airport.On apple hardware test dont have problems, how do I know if the problem airport card or driver???Thaks very much Marvin!!!

If it's a low-level fault there's not many ways to check between drivers or hardware because without the drivers, the hardware won't work. You can bootup without any drivers by holding the shift key down. I would try running it in that mode and see what happens. Again, this is just temporary to allow you to backup documents or use it before taking it back for a repair. If you have files on the machine, make sure you duplicate them to an external because if they give you a replacement, they won't copy your settings over.
post #8 of 21
Solved
post #9 of 21
boot in safe mode, and using about one hour, and dont have problems with panic,what that means??????
post #10 of 21
Quote:

boot in safe mode, and using about one hour, and dont have problems with panic,what that means??????

If it doesn't kernel panic at all while you use it in safe mode, it means that at the very least, the most critical hardware is working ok - the motherboard, power supply, RAM and hard drive. I think it disables your GPU though. Safe mode being ok would limit the fault to your GPU and networking hardware.
post #11 of 21
Solved
post #12 of 21
Solved
post #13 of 21
You have a problem.
It's new and under warranty.
TAKE IT BACK TO APPLE !!!
post #14 of 21
Quote:

Now runing on 10.6.5 and today whole day dont have kernel panics!Also play games and everything work great,what that can be,sometime have panics,sometime dont?

If you are running in normal boot mode and it is not showing the kernel panic, there's a chance that you had a corrupted driver cache. But given that a Windows install blue-screened, I'd say it's unlikely to be limited to software. Try using your wifi for a while and see if you get anther panic. Sometimes hardware faults can be erratic and show no signs for a while and then fail again.
post #15 of 21
Solved
post #16 of 21
Quote:

every kernel panic is like this, same text, just different time.What causing this, can anyone tell me what is wrong???
THANKS

That backtrace doesn't list the problem like the first one. I wouldn't waste much time trying to diagnose it, it's not likely a problem you will be able to fix yourself. If you take it back, they will replace it for you.
post #17 of 21
Quote:

every kernel panic is like this, same text, just different time.What causing this, can anyone tell me what is wrong???
THANKS

yes... Apple can tell you what is wrong. You have a WARRANTY !!! Take it back to Apple!!!
post #18 of 21
Kernal Panic... in the study... with a lead pipe! I win!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #19 of 21
Is your Macbook Pro model MacBookPro6,2?
post #20 of 21
Solved
post #21 of 21
Very often loose or very slightly dislodged RAM DIMMs can cause kernel panics. If you are comfortable opening up the access inside the battery compartment and pushing them in while jiggling a very tiny bit, it may or may not help.

If you still get kernel panics after reseating the RAM like that take it back for warranty repair, you have a bad problem -- probably hardware related -- that will only frustrate you further, and there is no need for that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Kernel Panic???? HELP!!!!