post #1 of 1
Hi there

I have a MBP 13", about 1.5 years old. For some reason I can't get any internal HDD to work in the computer. I'we tried 3 harddrives including the one that came with the computer and they all cause the computer to freeze.

I can though run the computer on an external hard drive without a problem. But it only works if there is no internal hard drive in the computer, otherwize it will freeze after a short while.

I'we tried reformating the hard drives, but it never works, the computer will always freeze after some while.

So it seems that there is something wrong with the internal mechanism of the computer. I have an appointment with a "Genious" tomorrow, but would love to hear some input from you guys on this malfunction before I go and talk to him.

Btw I'we tried resetting the pram, without any change.

To me it sounds like there is either a problem with the sata cable, or there is something wrong with the disk controller, which would probably mean that I need to change the motherboard. Luckily I think the computer is still under an applecare warranty.

regards
FrÃ*mann