or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.6 with Mac App Store

Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.6 with Mac App Store - Page 7

post #241 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Maybe theyve changed it.

Thanks for your help, solipsim.

I'm really in a bad mood at Apple right now. What I see on my computers is inconsistent with the help I get at the Apple site. Many things are actually different. They goofed with that 10.6.6 upgrade !

I HATE this Mac Apple Store. What a huge piece of crap !

Mac mini 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, NVidia's 9400M.
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, NVidia's 320M.
OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Mac mini 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, NVidia's 9400M.
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, NVidia's 320M.
OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #242 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Do you have any figures on Aperture vs. Lightroom installed base?

Here's one from 2009:

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/09...erture_09.html

It's an adobe blog, but the figures come from an independent polling organization, with a sample group of over a thousand professional photographers.

While I suspect the overall numbers are somewhat closer, Adobe really does dominate among professionals. With the apple pricing and most recent shift in Aperture's priorities, I think they've basically given up the pro segment and are shooting for the "prosumer" one...
post #243 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I'm interested to see what the $A price will be.

P.S. Dear Mr Jobs,

when are you going to build a data centre in Australia, to spread the load?

Aperture in US = $79.99
Aperture in Australia = $99.99
$US1 = $A1.004

WTF?????
I will NEVER pay $679 for an 8GB plastic cell phone
I will NEVER pay $679 for an 8GB plastic cell phone
post #244 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Aperture in US = $79.99
Aperture in Australia = $99.99
$US1 = $A1.004

WTF?????

Does that $99 include your VAT? Sales tax is aded on in the US.
post #245 of 252
I delayed updating my 15" spring '10 MBP for a couple of days after reading another user report a kernel panic after updating.

In my case the screen when to solid blue with the spinning gear immediately after the update finished installing. When nothing changed after a few minutes I forced a restart by holding down the power button + the control and command butttong, after which the screen went black and the MBP restarted normally
post #246 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Does that $99 include your VAT? Sales tax is aded on in the US.

He has a point, in NZ Aperture is NZ$104.99, which is roughly US/AU$80, and Aussie GST is only 10%. Now I am taking the assumption that even though the NZ Store is run from Aussie that it contains NZ GST.
post #247 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpenatez View Post

Is someone else experiencing kernel panic after installing 10.6.6? My MBP has crashed 4 times since I installed 10.6.6 a few minutes ago

yep MBP running very slow. will uninstall 10.6.6. nothing new that i like.
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
post #248 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro View Post

I have a Mac Pro that is running pretty sluggishly, but no instabilities so far. I might try to go back a couple versions, I had some problems with 10.6.5 I was hoping .6 would fix.
post #249 of 252
Did the update last night 0n a 2009 mac mini everthing went great! Upgraded my 2009 mac pro, ERROR, had to reload the os. Kinda sucked!
post #250 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro View Post

What MBP do you have??
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #251 of 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdcat View Post

I delayed updating my 15" spring '10 MBP for a couple of days after reading another user report a kernel panic after updating.

In my case the screen when to solid blue with the spinning gear immediately after the update finished installing. When nothing changed after a few minutes I forced a restart by holding down the power button + the control and command butttong, after which the screen went black and the MBP restarted normally

I have this current MBP as well. I'll hold off on 10.6.6 for now!
post #252 of 252
I updated a week ago. No crashes yet, using Office 2008, 2011, VMware Fusion, iLife apps, Firefox, Safari, just pretty low-key stuff. So far, stable. Just thought I'd add my experience here. As always, I'd recommend folks test their RAM, repair permissions, Disk Utility Repair, etc etc.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple releases Mac OS X 10.6.6 with Mac App Store