or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New management in the House

New management in the House

post #1 of 6
What are your thoughts about the new House of Reps?

What an amazing start:

Two GOP members skip the swearing in ceremony to make money; where is the outrage from the GOP and Tea Party, who swear by the Constitution?

The GOP only chose to read the Constitution as amended. Many students can read the whole thing in grade school. By doing so, did the GOP skip some important learning moments?

Mr. Orange couldn't name a specific program he would work to reduce. in his first interview. How much time did they spend talking about reducing the budget... before the election?

Was Mr. Weeper of the House was at work again?

How much did the reading of the Constitution cost the American taxpayer? Saw something online that figured over a million dollars.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #2 of 6
I don't expect much from the new power structure. The best I hope for is some of this runaway freight train to slow down a bit. But certainly other bi-partisan* stupidity will prevail.

But this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

How much did the reading of the Constitution cost the American taxpayer? Saw something online that figured over a million dollars.

C'mon.

*Someone once wrote that one party is stupid and one party is evil...and when when they get together and do something bi-partisan, it's usually stupid and evil.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

What are your thoughts about the new House of Reps?

What an amazing start:

Two GOP members skip the swearing in ceremony to make money; where is the outrage from the GOP and Tea Party, who swear by the Constitution?

It will be nice to watch all the lefties get back to their false sense of outrage again. These clearly cribbed talking points are such a pure example of it.

Quote:

So remove all the fundraising restrictions and people won't have to continuously fundraise. If you support all these false limits on speech, then don't be surprised when they have to engage in fund raising almost continuously.
Quote:
The GOP only chose to read the Constitution as amended. Many students can read the whole thing in grade school. By doing so, did the GOP skip some important learning moments?

So you are both upset that they read the shorter version and that it cost so much to read the shorter version. You would somehow be placated if they read the longer version at an even greater cost except that it cost to much to read the wrong version already....or something like that.

Quote:
Mr. Orange couldn't name a specific program he would work to reduce. in his first interview. How much time did they spend talking about reducing the budget... before the election?

Was Mr. Weeper of the House was at work again?

How quaint! It's fun to make of the Speaker of the House for his skin color and also because he is simultaneously heartless but also shows emotion with that lack of heart.

Bill Clinton could and does tear up the second the occasion calls for it. I guess you have no ad-homs and insults for him though right?

Please try to get the false outrage talking points from a place that tries a little harder next time.

As for my thoughts on the new House management, if they can't find $100 billion in cuts to the already bloated spending that Obama, Pelosi and others have foisted upon us, then they are worthless.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It will be nice to watch all the lefties get back to their false sense of outrage again. These clearly cribbed talking points are such a pure example of it.

So remove all the fundraising restrictions and people won't have to continuously fundraise. If you support all these false limits on speech, then don't be surprised when they have to engage in fund raising almost continuously.

Agreed, though I still think they should have been there. I disagree with calling for "outrage" as the OP did.

Quote:

So you are both upset that they read the shorter version and that it cost so much to read the shorter version. You would somehow be placated if they read the longer version at an even greater cost except that it cost to much to read the wrong version already....or something like that.

Pretty illogical, it's true. It's more than that, though. The argument that reading the Constitution "costs too much money" is absurd. Congress costs us money just by being in session. It doesn't matter whether they read ANYTHING. In fact, if they were passing bills, they might REALLY be costing us money!

Beyond that, I support it. I think every Congress should do this when it comes into session for the first time. I also think Congress should explain the Constitutional basis for each piece of legislation they pass.

Quote:

How quaint! It's fun to make of the Speaker of the House for his skin color and also because he is simultaneously heartless but also shows emotion with that lack of heart.

Bill Clinton could and does tear up the second the occasion calls for it. I guess you have no ad-homs and insults for him though right?

Please try to get the false outrage talking points from a place that tries a little harder next time.

As for my thoughts on the new House management, if they can't find $100 billion in cuts to the already bloated spending that Obama, Pelosi and others have foisted upon us, then they are worthless.

Don't you understand? There are different standards for Ds and Rs. Republicans that cry are faking it for votes, or over sensitive, or mentally ill. Democrats are just SO upset at something morally outrageous, or showing sensitivity to the voters' needs, or just good, decent, hardworking folks who can't contain themselves.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #5 of 6
Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth
Quote:
WASHINGTONIn a strong rebuke of President Obama and his domestic agenda, all 242 House Republicans voted Wednesday to repeal the Asteroid Destruction and American Preservation Act, which was signed into law last year to destroy the immense asteroid currently hurtling toward Earth......

...for more go to link
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Agreed, though I still think they should have been there. I disagree with calling for "outrage" as the OP did.

You and Trumpet are full of it when it comes to this money = speech nonsense. If money = speech, those with more money have louder voices. Those who cannot afford to donate significant amounts of money have their voices drowned out, shouted down, by a small minority of ultra-rich individuals and corporations. And that small minority has different interests and motives than the rest of the shrinking middle and growing lower classes.

The average American citizen might as well be a pin dropping during the Indy 500.

Yeah, let's remove what little restrictions we have. Let's just finish turning America over to the corporations. Let's go turn into Egypt. We're almost there anyway with our unemployment and income gap.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › New management in the House