or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone 4 coming to Verizon on Feb. 10 for $199
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPhone 4 coming to Verizon on Feb. 10 for $199 - Page 7

post #241 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Being content with a current offering is impossible without knowledge of other offerings...

Do you actually believe that ? Are you really that uneducated? ... or is it just stupidity?

If that were the case, then you could buy the iPhone 5 the day it goes on sale and you wouldn't be content with it, because you wouldn't know of the next iteration.

A person can be perfectly content with an item while having no knowledge of the next generation. (...or of other currently available options.)

You'd do well to invest $14.95 in a dictionary.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #242 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

If that were the case, then you could buy the iPhone 5 the day it goes on sale and you wouldn't be content with it, because you wouldn't know of the next iteration.

A person can be perfectly content with an item while having no knowledge of the next generation. (...or of other currently available options.)

Think what you will.
post #243 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

What are you? One of those know-it-all naysayers who can't admit that they were wrong? If you don't like people gloating about it, then don't act like a know-it-all naysayer in the first place.

Apple will not make a video iPod. Nobody wants to watch video on an iPod.

Apple should not allow third parties to create native iPhone applications. Nobody cares about third party iPhone applications. Web apps are really sweet.

Apple will not add copy and paste to the iPhone. Nobody cares about copy and paste.

Apple will not add multitasking to the iPhone. Nobody cares about multitasking.

Apple will never switch to Intel processors.

Still, it goes both ways. My gut impression of your posting is that all you do is play the "I told you so" card. If the thing you're most known for is cutting and pasting 90% of your own talking points from previous discussions, then don't you think you can change your posting pattern to something more interesting?
post #244 of 255
I just checked the entire thread, and didn't notice if this was asked/answered.

Can you use Facetime across AT&T and Verizon?

TIA
iPhone 4, Apple TV,
Reply
iPhone 4, Apple TV,
Reply
post #245 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Ha! No concurrent talking and surfing!



One less reason for me to be forced to have a data plan.

Quote:
Unlike AT&T, Verizon iPhone users can't be on the phone and use data at the same time (like talking and surfing the web)

I know. I was searching for that and saw it at the end of the article. If I was going back to Verizon, this would be a major deal breaker. I use this feature all the time.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #246 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I know. I was searching for that and saw it at the end of the article. If I was going back to Verizon, this would be a major deal breaker. I use this feature all the time.

You may like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehxpvrJC5VA
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #247 of 255
I LOVE MY RAZR FLIP PHONE!! All you geeks always trying to keep up with tech - and the "Jones" - its no use.... it is just a phone!
post #248 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosp View Post

Can you use FaceTime across AT&T and Verizon?

It's OS X and iOS-dependent. It has nothing to do with the carriers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison0401 View Post

I LOVE MY RAZR FLIP PHONE!! All you geeks always trying to keep up with tech - and the "Jones" - its no use.... it is just a phone!

You're on the wrong website. Please go educate yourself as to WHY we do what we do.
post #249 of 255
All I know is I went to an article to learn about the hype of this phone, and all I read about is how everyone is trying to get the latest , high tech phone .. and it is all a joke. Dont you know as soon as you buy the iPhone 4 , it will become outdated within 6 months , and then another hyped up feature on a new phone will have everyone once again gathered around talking about changing their carrier to get THAT phone?!?!


It is funny to see the geeks walking around thinking they are cool with the newest phone - until a week later they are just another person with an outdated phone like the rest of us - LOL! I guess it gives you all something to do, and keeps the carriers laughing on their toes! have fun with that!

i am cool and I dont need the iPhone to prove it!
post #250 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison0401 View Post

Dont you know as soon as you buy the iPhone 4 , it will become outdated within 6 months

We're not going to waste our time retyping all the myriad arguments about this topic. It has been done to death. If you choose not to read and understand both sides of this argument, we'll simply choose not to read any of your posts.

Quote:
i am cool and I dont need the iPhone to prove it!

That's debatable. Not the iPhone part.
post #251 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison0401 View Post

All I know is I went to an article to learn about the hype of this phone, and all I read about is how everyone is trying to get the latest , high tech phone .. and it is all a joke. Dont you know as soon as you buy the iPhone 4 , it will become outdated within 6 months , and then another hyped up feature on a new phone will have everyone once again gathered around talking about changing their carrier to get THAT phone?!?!


It is funny to see the geeks walking around thinking they are cool with the newest phone - until a week later they are just another person with an outdated phone like the rest of us - LOL! I guess it gives you all something to do, and keeps the carriers laughing on their toes! have fun with that!

i am cool and I dont need the iPhone to prove it!

Whelp...Come another couple weeks I'll be springing for a Verizon iPhone. I don't really care whether it has concurrent voice/data. As a LONG TIME (Apple II was my first) Apple user but also someone who doesn't want to shift from Verizon service, I've been waiting for this since the first generation was announced. I've been using a 'standard' cell phone for years and this is still a very big upgrade even if I can't be online and talking at the same time...I haven't run into a situation yet that would suggest that I'd care that much. And lets be honest, after a year or two I'll upgrade my phone again anyway and that service will be offered. Really you can't get more than a couple years out of ANY mobile phone Apple made or not.

So for me, no matter it's a big upgrade in usability, and I'll get much better service from the wider network than if I had jumped from Verizon.
post #252 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningSkies View Post

Whelp...Come another couple weeks I'll be springing for a Verizon iPhone. I don't really care whether it has concurrent voice/data. As a LONG TIME (Apple II was my first) Apple user but also someone who doesn't want to shift from Verizon service, I've been waiting for this since the first generation was announced. I've been using a 'standard' cell phone for years and this is still a very big upgrade even if I can't be online and talking at the same time...I haven't run into a situation yet that would suggest that I'd care that much.

Hear hear! I'm in exactly the same situation. Though I won't be updating if I can't get one without data. I'll pull the strings I have and see what I can do.
post #253 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by prosp View Post

I just checked the entire thread, and didn't notice if this was asked/answered.

Can you use Facetime across AT&T and Verizon?

TIA

YES..........As long as you have Wi-Fi
post #254 of 255
Not sure if you guys where aware of this but. With Verizons EVDO you can talk on the phone and surf the web if you are using wifi. Wifi is left on mine and it automatically connects to places that I have aloud it to...I have been doing this with my Droid X for months. I have found that most of the time that I'm interested in doing both, that there as been wifi available. Not saying that EVDO is as good. Just saying that there is a way to do this too a lot of the time.

Oh and I sold my Droid X and I'm getting the Iphone on Verizon. I would have stayed with AT&T once but where I live it is edge only data.
post #255 of 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSHMAN4 View Post

YES..........As long as you have Wi-Fi

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply

   Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

 

    AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone 4 coming to Verizon on Feb. 10 for $199