or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Official Conservatives claimed 9/11 for themselves so don't even talk thread

It's the Official Conservatives claimed 9/11 for themselves so don't even talk thread

post #1 of 10
Talk about the right wing exploiting tragedy and death...even 9 years later they tried to passed off their xenophobia and racism against Muslims as somehow still being "sensitive" to the 9/11 victims. Of course, this in the months leading up to the midterm elections to stir up the racist base and keep the dialog away from how they had obstructed basically every Democratic attempt to get this country back on track after 8 years of Republican greed, lies, and mismanagement.

Talk about exploiting the worst attack on our soil...if the "Liberals" were really interested in "exploiting this weekend's tragedy" (which we are not), we have 9 years of game film to look over and learn how to turn innocent victims into puppets for political gain.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #2 of 10
Time to log out for a few weeks and give it a rest.
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Time to log out for a few weeks and give it a rest.

Yep...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #4 of 10
Seems more like an elaborate ploy to ignore the fact that Loughner was clearly a "truther" aka someone who believes the government was behind 9/11.

There is an awful lot of leftist rhetoric out there that reflects truther beliefs. This post reflects someone who got their talking points to try to quickly spin this away from noting the obvious, that Loughner and the truther left share a common perspective.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Seems more like an elaborate ploy to ignore the fact that Loughner was clearly a "truther" aka someone who believes the government was behind 9/11.

There is an awful lot of leftist rhetoric out there that reflects truther beliefs. This post reflects someone who got their talking points to try to quickly spin this away from noting the obvious, that Loughner and the truther left share a common perspective.

That description is taking it a bit far. This thread is obviously written by someone who is very frustrated. Unfortunately, i don't see it as helping any in bringing down the rhetoric level that he claims to hate. Only furthering it due to the caustic nature.

And reading the OP again I see that he has claimed the Liberal tag for himself and so it taking many of the accusations against liberals personally, thus apparently taking many of the jabs at liberals as attacks on himself.

Quote:
Talk about exploiting the worst attack on our soil...if the "Liberals" were really interested in "exploiting this weekend's tragedy" (which we are not), we have 9 years of game film to look over and learn how to turn innocent victims into puppets for political gain.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #6 of 10
We could not disagree with the President without having our patriotism questioned for almost 8 years. We had to watch conservative campaign ads drape themselves in 9/11 imagery, as if liberals wanted it to happen or something. This conservative rhetoric has been disgusting for a decade now, and I think you'll find many more people just as frustrated as I am with it.

You reap what you sow, conservatives. You've created a culture of division and hatred. Congratulations. Now people are tired of your shit and won't take it anymore.

So again, you claimed 9/11 as yours. Fuck you. It's not yours. Neither is patriotism. Nor morality. Nor fiscal responsibility. You lost the rights to all those adjectives over your decade of shame.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #7 of 10
"We are not afraid to entrust the American people with unpleasant facts, foreign ideas, alien philosophies, and competitive values. For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."

~John F. Kennedy
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

We could not disagree with the President without having our patriotism questioned for almost 8 years. We had to watch conservative campaign ads drape themselves in 9/11 imagery, as if liberals wanted it to happen or something. This conservative rhetoric has been disgusting for a decade now, and I think you'll find many more people just as frustrated as I am with it.

You reap what you sow, conservatives. You've created a culture of division and hatred. Congratulations. Now people are tired of your shit and won't take it anymore.

So again, you claimed 9/11 as yours. Fuck you. It's not yours. Neither is patriotism. Nor morality. Nor fiscal responsibility. You lost the rights to all those adjectives over your decade of shame.

So that is what happens when someone defends you against unfair criticism. And you ask why I don't come to your defense more often...
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

So that is what happens when someone defends you against unfair criticism. And you ask why I don't come to your defense more often...

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I think it's pretty clear I'm generalizing here. It would be ridiculous to think that every single conservative has the same view. However, what I said does accurately depict the overwhelming public conservative culture we've had for a decade.

What is it conservatives like to say about Muslims? If you moderate Muslims really disagree with what the extremists are doing, why don't we hear more from the moderate Muslims?

How is it not fair to turn that same question back on conservatives who spouted it in the first place?

Finally a few are speaking up, 10 long years later. But not enough. Not nearly enough.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Of course there are exceptions to every rule. I think it's pretty clear I'm generalizing here. It would be ridiculous to think that every single conservative has the same view. However, what I said does accurately depict the overwhelming public conservative culture we've had for a decade.

What is it conservatives like to say about Muslims? If you moderate Muslims really disagree with what the extremists are doing, why don't we hear more from the moderate Muslims?

How is it not fair to turn that same question back on conservatives who spouted it in the first place?

Finally a few are speaking up, 10 long years later. But not enough. Not nearly enough.

I agree on the question about Muslims in the middle of your statement. It is fair to ask the same question of those who ask that question. And also true, it is fair to accept the answer that you get back from the person as their response and not tell them, "Sorry, too little too late." (This goes for both the people asking the muslims and the people asking the conservatives both in your example.)
NoahJ
NoahJ
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › It's the Official Conservatives claimed 9/11 for themselves so don't even talk thread