or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin: Blood Libel Claim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Palin: Blood Libel Claim

post #1 of 71
Thread Starter 
Palin has claimed that suggestions that political rhetoric contributed to Saturday's fatal shootings in Arizona are 'blood libel'.

This is a disgrace and a shocking obscenity.

The term 'blood libel' refers to the false accusation that Jews murder children to use their blood in certain aspects of their religious rituals and holidays.

It was a major motivating factor in Jewish persecution throughout the centuries and a key component of the Nazi pogroms which led to the Holocaust.

The fact that she uses this term is an utter obscenity.

It is incredible that in denouncing even the possibility of irresponsible rhetoric she ratchets irresponsible rhetoric to 11.

Disgrace.

That's all I have to say.

Link
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #2 of 71
other links

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47477.html

Video...down right now

http://vimeo.com/18698532
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #3 of 71
I think it has also been applied to Christians, not that that excuses her though. Yet again she goes for the jugular.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #4 of 71
Doesn't the term 'blood libel' refer to a slanderous allegation that a person or group has blood on their hands because of a particular action?

Looking at it from Palin's POV, wouldn't she be absolutely correct in applying such terminology?
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #5 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Doesn't the term 'blood libel' refer to a slanderous allegation that a person or group has blood on their hands because of a particular action?

Looking at it from Palin's POV, wouldn't she be absolutely correct in applying such terminology?

No. And no.

She could use Shoah or Holocaust also and you could advance the same argument as above.

And be just as wrong.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #6 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I think it has also been applied to Christians, not that that excuses her though. Yet again she goes for the jugular.

Going for the jugular. Such RHETORIC! I'm sure someone somewhere will be be murdered today and this language contributed to it!

The blood and blame should obviously be on your hands!

People are seeking to exploit this by claiming she is responsible for a psychotic murder spree and that is just fine. Her response is the only thing inappropriate or going "for the jugular."

This is profoundly hypocritical. You justify murder on one hand with words, and on the other hand condemn words as a response to a climate created by other words.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #7 of 71
The word holocaust is used in many historical contexts.

I think it's very clear what Palin is saying, that she is being unfairly accused of being culpable for murder.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #8 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Going for the jugular. Such RHETORIC! I'm sure someone somewhere will be be murdered today and this language contributed to it!

The blood and blame should obviously be on your hands!

People are seeking to exploit this by claiming she is responsible for a psychotic murder spree and that is just fine. Her response is the only thing inappropriate or going "for the jugular."

This is profoundly hypocritical. You justify murder on one hand with words, and on the other hand condemn words as a response to a climate created by other words.

There you go blurring the lines again.

I take it your "you justify murder", was a Rush influence. I see your with him on that one.

Please Trumpt let's try and keep this grounded in reality. I don't think anyone thinks Palin drove this killer to kill, she certainly wasn't in the driving seat. There's some debate whether she was, so to speak, a back seat driver, as there should be given Giffords concerns especially.

So let's look at this without putting words, false words into our opponents mouths. That pollutes the dialogue and makes it harder to prevent this kind of violence.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #9 of 71
Thread Starter 
Seems the controversy has started...looks like another trademark gaffe:

Quote:
Palin's bizarre use of language is sure to provoke further controversy. A blood libel refers to a notorious passage in St Matthew where Jews said of the crucifixion: "Let his blood be on our heads." Later it referred to a medieval myth that Jews killed Christian children as part of a religious ritual.

Giffords is Arizona's first Jewish congresswoman.

Link

Quote:
Perhaps Sarah Palin honestly does not know what a blood libel is, or does not know of their horrific history; that is perhaps the most charitable explanation we can arrive at in explaining her rhetoric today

Link

Quote:
"Blood libel" is not wrongfully assigning guilt to an individual for murder, but rather assigning guilt collectively to an entire group of people and then using it to justify violence against them.

This is a new low for Palin, but outsize comparisons of partisan political conflict to instances of terrible historical oppression is a fairly frequent rhetorical device among conservative media figures.

Link

Quote:
National Jewish Democratic Council President David A. Harris said in a statement that Palin made the wrong choice in co-opting the "particularly heinous term for American Jews."

"Instead of dialing down the rhetoric at this difficult moment, Sarah Palin chose to accuse others trying to sort out the meaning of this tragedy of somehow engaging in a 'blood libel' against her and others," he said.

Harris also suggested Palin might not know the meaning of the term.

Link
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #10 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Seems the controversy has started...looks like another trademark gaffe:



Link



Link



Link



Link

I read a page that said this term was used against numerous groups in history, was that inaccurate info I read? Clearly though, me being completely ignorant of the term before now doesn't mean it doesn't hold definitive meaning. If you (and everyone else) believe correctly that this means what you say, then it's surely an attempt to provoke more discussion that she perceives will benefit her in some way. That, I have no words for.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #11 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

There you go blurring the lines again.

This is you being ironic right?

Quote:
I take it your "you justify murder", was a Rush influence. I see your with him on that one.

Since I don't listen to the man I don't know what you are talking about. However this really would be a prime example of "putting words, false words into our opponents mouths. That pollutes the dialogue" if ever there were one.

Quote:
Please Trumpt let's try and keep this grounded in reality.

Can any discussion be grounded in reality when you ignore what is said declaring it must come from another source?

Quote:
I don't think anyone thinks Palin drove this killer to kill, she certainly wasn't in the driving seat. There's some debate whether she was, so to speak, a back seat driver, as there should be given Giffords concerns especially.

This claim is completely bogus and baseless. There is no link between the two whatsoever. The guy didn't cite Palin, write the Palin, claim Palin, nothing Palin. There isn't even a claim to a similar ideology for goodness sakes.

This is pretty much like trying to blame Jodie Foster for the attemped murder of President Ronald Reagan by John Hinkley.

Quote:
So let's look at this without putting words, false words into our opponents mouths. That pollutes the dialogue and makes it harder to prevent this kind of violence.

Please take your own advice.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #12 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

This is you being ironic right?



Since I don't listen to the man I don't know what you are talking about. However this really would be a prime example of "putting words, false words into our opponents mouths. That pollutes the dialogue" if ever there were one.



Can any discussion be grounded in reality when you ignore what is said declaring it must come from another source?



This claim is completely bogus and baseless. There is no link between the two whatsoever. The guy didn't cite Palin, write the Palin, claim Palin, nothing Palin. There isn't even a claim to a similar ideology for goodness sakes.

This is pretty much like trying to blame Jodie Foster for the attemped murder of President Ronald Reagan by John Hinkley.



Please take your own advice.

The term I used "back seat driver" I think was a bit strong and I regret posting it. I think that that's unfair to Palin and she doesn't deserve it in this instance. So a genuine apology from me to all who read that. What I was trying to say is that when people are exposed to what may be perceived wrongly violent symbols or rhetoric, that can influence people in ways that could be dangerous. I think there's evidence of this too so it's not a baseless claim.

I'll respond to the rest of your post later.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #13 of 71
Breaking: ADL condemns Sarah Palin's "blood libel"
Quote:
It was inappropriate at the outset to blame Sarah Palin and others for causing this tragedy or for being an accessory to murder. Palin has every right to defend herself against these kinds of attacks, and we agree with her that the best tradition in America is one of finding common ground despite our differences.

Still, we wish that Palin had not invoked the phrase "blood-libel" in reference to the actions of journalists and pundits in placing blame for the shooting in Tucson on others. While the term "blood-libel" has become part of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused, we wish that Palin had used another phrase, instead of one so fraught with pain in Jewish history.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #14 of 71
Analyzing Sarah Palin's 'Blood Libel' Accusation
Quote:
She's Not the Only One Politico's Seung Min Kim points out that others have used the term this week, before Palin's video was released on Wednesday. "Glenn Reynolds used the phrase in a Wall Street Journal op-ed on Monday," writes Kim, "as did Human Events's John Hayward."
Yup, Right and Left Are Both Guilty Here National Review's Jim Geraghty rounds up some more examples of people using the phrase, going back as far as 2000, in discussions of everything from John Kerry to Carl Paladino. Geraghty calls out commentators of various ideologies, then adds that "in the grand scheme of things, the idea that Palin used a phrase associated with one particular, egregious and historically recurring false accusation... seems like little reason for outrage. For perspective on what really is worth outrage, the services for 9-year-old victim Christina Taylor Green are tomorrow."

The Arizona Tragedy and the Politics of Blood Libel

The Giffords Blood Libel Will Fail
The Term Blood Libel: More Common Than You Might Think
Quote:
In the grand scheme of things, the idea that Palin used a phrase associated with one particular, egregious and historically recurring false accusation to rebut a modern false accusation seems like little reason for outrage. For perspective on what really is worth outrage, the services for 9-year-old victim Christina Taylor Green are tomorrow.

WBC has decided not to picket her service. Our thoughts should go our to her and the other victims. Sad such innocence of potential lost so early in her life.
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
無心 The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders., Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit__Edward Abbey
Reply
post #15 of 71
Quote:

I'm going to declare that the Washington Post has let their political bias get in the way of the facts with regard to writing headlines.

Wishing she used a different word while not declaring what she did to be wrong. As the story notes, it doesn't demand an apology, demand she retract it, or anything else. It simply notes that they wish she had used a different word.

Condemn has an actual meaning. This doesn't meet it. It in no form declares her to be wrong, reprehensible, guilty, or anything else. So the W.P. can spin with their headline, but it doesn't change the facts.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #16 of 71
http://www.drudgereport.com/

what don't blame HIM for the shooting,
does he play video games, violent video games, did he read the book about "how to assasinate gw bush, maybe his music pushed him, those aguments never work the artists are "protected"

but what about the many people seeing his problem did nothing, sin of omission
how thick is his file for local law enforcement, they did nothing, no intervention
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #17 of 71
Given Gifford is Jewish it should have been obvious to Palin the term "blood libel" was very inappropriate therefore I lean heavily towards her using the term deliberately to benefit herself in some nefarious way.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #18 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Given Gifford is Jewish it should have been obvious to Palin the term "blood libel" was very inappropriate therefore I lean heavily towards her using the term deliberately to benefit herself in some nefarious way.

Reasoning understood:

Those who shot Gifford in the head are excused because they were merely unstable and under the influence of violent rhetoric. The rhetoric didn't come from movies, or videogames but from Sarah Palin. The proof of this is unicorns whispering it to us.

Those who made the claim that Sarah Palin had blood on her hands are excused because they want a nice calm climate and if a few baseless claims get tossed out and break a few eggs, that is just fine because the ends justify the means.

Sarah Palin is wrong because she put a graphic on a map. We aren't sure if anyone acted on that graphic and can't show how her rhetoric is really different than anyone else but we have this map and are upset about it. Likewise Giffords is Jewish and we don't like the term she used to defend herself against the baseless and libel claims.

In summary, everyone else right. Sarah Palin wrong in both existing and defending herself against claims.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #19 of 71
Quote:
While the term "blood-libel" has become part of the English parlance to refer to someone being falsely accused...

In a logical world, this statement would end the nonsense being thrown about here. Knowing PO, I won't hold my breath.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #20 of 71
Palin's use of the term 'blood libel' demonstrates that she is, at the very least, profoundly undiplomatic... that is if she is aware of the term, its meaning, and the lie that it represents.

If she is not aware of the meaning of the term, then she demonstrates profound ignorance, and shouldn't have used it.

Perhaps she is a closet Jew hater, and inadvertently let the truth out in an unguarded moment.

No matter what, her words have demonstrated that she is profoundly unsuitable for any political office, let alone presidential candidate for the Republican party.

Perhaps, as in Bill O'Reilly's terminology, she should STFU. For good.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #21 of 71
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest."

-- Thomas Paine
post #22 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Reasoning understood:

Those who shot Gifford in the head are excused because they were merely unstable and under the influence of violent rhetoric. The rhetoric didn't come from movies, or videogames but from Sarah Palin. The proof of this is unicorns whispering it to us.

Those who made the claim that Sarah Palin had blood on her hands are excused because they want a nice calm climate and if a few baseless claims get tossed out and break a few eggs, that is just fine because the ends justify the means.

Sarah Palin is wrong because she put a graphic on a map. We aren't sure if anyone acted on that graphic and can't show how her rhetoric is really different than anyone else but we have this map and are upset about it. Likewise Giffords is Jewish and we don't like the term she used to defend herself against the baseless and libel claims.

In summary, everyone else right. Sarah Palin wrong in both existing and defending herself against claims.

I'm going to put you on ignore for a while and I'm quite sure you know why.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #23 of 71
Personally, I have never heard of the term "blood libel" before today. My childhood has some striking similarities to Sarah Palin's (moved to small pacific coast village at age 10, she did at age 8, both have ties to Idaho), and it does not surprise or concern me that she didn't know the history of the term either.

She would make a horrible president for entirely other reasons than this.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
Reply
post #24 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I'm going to put you on ignore for a while and I'm quite sure you know why.

I understand. When people are proven so profoundly wrong and caught in such a bad spot, they need to go ignore the cause for a bit and lick their wounds.

In the future try not to rush in and accuse people of being complicit with mass murder okay? Thanks.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #25 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I understand. When people are proven so profoundly wrong and caught in such a bad spot, they need to go ignore the cause for a bit and lick their wounds.
.

How interesting that so many of the lefties are on the ignore list of you righties
post #26 of 71
"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

~Noam Chomsky
post #27 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoicesFromTheDust View Post

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all."

~Noam Chomsky

{\\\\||//}______-Noam is still alive and kicking therefore your name is misleading_____{\\\\||//}

Freedom of expression should be equally applied to all and I think your mistaken if you think anyone here wouldn't agree with that. Someone who clearly doesn't agree with that is Palin. She's allowed to put crosshairs on people, but the press can't talk about it because then THEY are inciting violence according to her. Oh, but then again, they are blood libeling her... got it Sarah.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #28 of 71
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
Reply
post #29 of 71
Thread Starter 

One thing that strikes me - and I am being fair and balanced and objective in saying this - about this Palin character is that she is not the right person for.....well...US politics in general.

Even in the face of this tragedy she cannot help 'making a pitch'.

Just film yourself saying something from the heart - if you have one.

Forget the flags, founding fathers and God Bless Mom's Apple Pie. BE REAL ffs.

Except you can't. Or rather you are doing because your 'real' is selling yourself.

Selling yourself in the light of a tragedy. Selling yourself in the light of a depression. Selling yourself in the light of a recovery. Selling yourself in the light of a joy and celebration.

When are you ever 'real'?

Never.

And that is why these gaffes will keep happening. You want it too much and know you haven't earned it or deserved it and know you never will. So your Super-ego sabotages you and shoots you in the foot.

Or Karma does. Or a merciful God who is saving America and the world.

Take your pick.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #30 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Palin has claimed that suggestions that political rhetoric contributed to Saturday's fatal shootings in Arizona are 'blood libel'.

This is a disgrace and a shocking obscenity.

The term 'blood libel' refers to the false accusation that Jews murder children to use their blood in certain aspects of their religious rituals and holidays.

It was a major motivating factor in Jewish persecution throughout the centuries and a key component of the Nazi pogroms which led to the Holocaust.

The fact that she uses this term is an utter obscenity.

It is incredible that in denouncing even the possibility of irresponsible rhetoric she ratchets irresponsible rhetoric to 11.

Disgrace.

That's all I have to say.

Link

She is an idiot which just rants on and on.She stirs up shit to begin with and now this is another provoking she is doing once again.Personally speaking maybe she is a Jew hater who really knows?
post #31 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

She is an idiot which just rants on and on.She stirs up shit to begin with and now this is another provoking she is doing once again.Personally speaking maybe she is a Jew hater who really knows?

Not the sort of person you need as leading the Repubs, let alone President.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #32 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcUK™ View Post

How interesting that so many of the lefties are on the ignore list of you righties

How many people are on my ignore list Marc? Please tell me since you apparently claim the power to know who has duplicate accounts and now who is ignoring who?

It must be nice to claim information you don't have. However with no pretense of being honest, it is an easy tactic to engage in I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Personally, I have never heard of the term "blood libel" before today. My childhood has some striking similarities to Sarah Palin's (moved to small pacific coast village at age 10, she did at age 8, both have ties to Idaho), and it does not surprise or concern me that she didn't know the history of the term either.

She would make a horrible president for entirely other reasons than this.

I've heard it but like so many things in the realm of those who make their living or derive power from being aggrieved, they become offended if they perceive you are trying to muscle in on their mental turf.

It's sort of like noting that slavery existed all over the world and that the U.S. was at the forefront of stopping it. Sorry, that doesn't work in the African-American mental grievance model so it's insensitive.

Likewise when discussing Native American "Genocide" due to disease, if you note the same germs wiped out a fifth of the worlds population and killed tens of millions in Europe, sorry, insensitive because that historical grievance is supposed to be for Native Americans alone.

Your view of history is insensitive any time you claim multiple groups have suffered any miscarriage of universal justice when one particular group has built their victimization on that one particular area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

One thing that strikes me - and I am being fair and balanced and objective in saying this - about this Palin character is that she is not the right person for.....well...US politics in general.

Even in the face of this tragedy she cannot help 'making a pitch'.
Just film yourself saying something from the heart - if you have one.
Forget the flags, founding fathers and God Bless Mom's Apple Pie. BE REAL ffs.
Except you can't. Or rather you are doing because your 'real' is selling yourself.
Selling yourself in the light of a tragedy. Selling yourself in the light of a depression. Selling yourself in the light of a recovery. Selling yourself in the light of a joy and celebration.

When are you ever 'real'?
Never.
And that is why these gaffes will keep happening. You want it too much and know you haven't earned it or deserved it and know you never will. So your Super-ego sabotages you and shoots you in the foot.
Or Karma does. Or a merciful God who is saving America and the world.
Take your pick.

Obviously you've not seen the "memorabilia" associated with the Obama speech yesterday.



Also I'm not quite sure how declaring someone's blood isn't on your hands is a sales pitch. Could you please elaborate on that? Could you please perhaps explain how Giffords blood isn't on your hands for example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerald apple View Post

She is an idiot which just rants on and on.She stirs up shit to begin with and now this is another provoking she is doing once again.Personally speaking maybe she is a Jew hater who really knows?

Well as the resident issuer of death threats and wishes, we will have to take your word on matters of hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Not the sort of person you need as leading the Repubs, let alone President.

Perhaps she's just idiotic enough not to spend an extra trillion and a half dollars more than we have yearly. Maybe she's dumb enough to do the job rather than thinking she can just talk her way out of everything and outsmart all the people she is stealing money from to hand to her friends and political interests.

If she were that dumb, that would still make her at least twice as smart as President Obama.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #33 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Also I'm not quite sure how declaring someone's blood isn't on your hands is a sales pitch. Could you please elaborate on that? Could you please perhaps explain how Giffords blood isn't on your hands for example?

I'm talking about the video as a whole - that was the pitch.

A paragraph in a press release would have done it and done it better.

Quote:
Perhaps she's just idiotic enough not to spend an extra trillion and a half dollars more than we have.

Or maybe not...... I wish I could believe that but I don't think she's quite THAT idiotic.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #34 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I'm talking about the video as a whole - that was the pitch.

A paragraph in a press release would have done it and done it better.

Well you might have a point if all this carping attempting to connect her to these murders weren't on her facebook page. I'll just add it to the list of offenses though.

Quote:
Or maybe not...... I wish I could believe that but I don't think she's quite THAT idiotic.

Well most folks are of the view that anything is better at this point. That could be a problem as that is what led the to vote for President Obama in the first place trying to rid themselves of $400 billion dollar a year deficits.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #35 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Well you might have a point if all this carping attempting to connect her to these murders weren't on her facebook page. I'll just add it to the list of offenses though.

I don't know about that....I do know that hardly anyone seems to be objectively supporting the victims without trying to score cheap points.

Quote:
Well most folks are of the view that anything is better at this point. That could be a problem as that is what led the to vote for President Obama in the first place trying to rid themselves of $400 billion dollar a year deficits.

ANYTHING is better????? Most folks???????

Difficult to believe.....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #36 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Obviously you've not seen the "memorabilia" associated with the Obama speech yesterday.


The Tucson shooting is actually being branded. It's no surprise though, that the particular branding looks very familiar.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
Reply
post #37 of 71
With a nonpartisan message of unity...HOW AWFUL!

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #38 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Palin has claimed that suggestions that political rhetoric contributed to Saturday's fatal shootings in Arizona are 'blood libel'.

This is a disgrace and a shocking obscenity.

The term 'blood libel' refers to the false accusation that Jews murder children to use their blood in certain aspects of their religious rituals and holidays.

It was a major motivating factor in Jewish persecution throughout the centuries and a key component of the Nazi pogroms which led to the Holocaust.

The fact that she uses this term is an utter obscenity.

It is incredible that in denouncing even the possibility of irresponsible rhetoric she ratchets irresponsible rhetoric to 11.

Disgrace.

That's all I have to say.

Link

Funny, because what I find obscene is insinuating or even openly stating that mainstream conservatives like Sarah Palin are in some way responsible for the recent tragedy. I am both amazed and disgusted at the immediate media narrative of "extreme rhetoric" and some Democrats willingness to use this heinous act to push their agenda.

"Blood libel" is an entirely appropriate term for what was done to Palin and others.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #39 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

"Blood libel" is an entirely appropriate term for what was done to Palin and others.

So you equate what was allegedly said about Palin to the massacre and pogroms of the Jews in Medieval Europe where hundreds of thousands were summarily executed and exiled.

Right. Got that.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #40 of 71
Blood libel, media, blood libel, media, blood libel, media, blood libel, media, blood libel ,media, blood libel, media, blood libel, media, blood libel, media, blood libel, media...are Palin's words sinking in yet?
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Palin: Blood Libel Claim