or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Creating a logo in Pages - a way to save and resize?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Creating a logo in Pages - a way to save and resize?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
I created a logo in Pages using a few text box, some text and various shapes and colors. I created it at the largest size I think I'll be using it at (quite large, a few feet across) and now I want to use it in several other, smaller instances. I grouped it all together, but when I resize the box, the type stays the same size and so everything gets out of place.

Is there a way in Pages to save an object such as I've created here, and be able to resize it in correct proportions etc, so that I can use it in various sizes etc?

thanks!
post #2 of 7
Simple. Use the Save as PDF... facility in the MacOS X File/Print... dialog box.
post #3 of 7
Simple, sort of. Printing to PDF does work, but it saves the entire page including the white space around the objects. This may not be what you want, ultimately. The next step is to open the PDF in Preview, and use the select and crop tools, then save as a bitmapped image (JPEG or other). You can also select the resolution of the final product.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Simple, sort of. Printing to PDF does work, but it saves the entire page including the white space around the objects. This may not be what you want, ultimately. The next step is to open the PDF in Preview, and use the select and crop tools, then save as a bitmapped image (JPEG or other). You can also select the resolution of the final product.

No, the OP does not want to save the graphic as a JPEG or any other raster graphics format. PDFs can be cropped and saved as PDFs. If the source is a vector graphic, then the cropped PDF will retain its ability to enlarged or reduced without any loss of fidelity. JPEG and other raster graphics files do not have this property.
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

No, the OP does not want to save the graphic as a JPEG or any other raster graphics format. PDFs can be cropped and saved as PDFs. If the source is a vector graphic, then the cropped PDF will retain its ability to enlarged or reduced without any loss of fidelity. JPEG and other raster graphics files do not have this property.

Your original instructions were incomplete, for the reasons I outlined. Without clipping in Preview, Pages will produce a PDF the size of the original page. He also did not say he wanted a PDF result. He said only that he wanted the logo in various sizes.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Your original instructions were incomplete, for the reasons I outlined. Without clipping in Preview, Pages will produce a PDF the size of the original page. He also did not say he wanted a PDF result. He said only that he wanted the logo in various sizes.

Whether the OP wants PDFs or not, graphics in this format are his best bet in terms of compatibility with other applications and of resolution independence. Using a raster format, the OP can do the job, but it requires a lot more care and feeding.
post #7 of 7
I agree, but without the clipping in Preview the results printed directly from Pages to PDF probably won't be of much use.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Creating a logo in Pages - a way to save and resize?