or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple profits surge 77% on record sales of 4.1M Macs, 16.2M iPhones, 7.3M iPads

Apple profits surge 77% on record sales of 4.1M Macs, 16.2M iPhones, 7.3M iPads - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Android activations reached 300K in the first week of December. October started at about 200k. Average 250k for Quarter.

I still would have preferred more iPhone sales - however that was supply constraints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTMP View Post

Here's an interesting group of numbers I haven't seen reported yet:
iPhone: 16,240,000
iPad: 7,330,000
iPod Touch: 10,000,000 (19.45 million units, over half of which were iPod touch)
Apple TV: 1,000,000 (we know they sold at least this many)

Total IOS devices sold this quarter: 34,570,000

Average IOS sales per day over the last quarter: 384,111.

Looks to me like IOS is outselling Android by a huge margin, since they have only recently started claiming over 300,000 per day

Well, it turns out Daniel Eran Dilger is an anti-Apple troll who dramatically underestimated how many iOS devices Apple was activating per day. Who knew?

Considering that Android's 300k/day is based on a tweet that supplied no context and was uncheckable, I think the delta between iOS and Android may be even bigger than DED thinks, which amazes me.
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by artificialintel View Post

Well, it turns out Daniel Eran Dilger is an anti-Apple troll who dramatically underestimated how many iOS devices Apple was activating per day. Who knew?

Considering that Android's 300k/day is based on a tweet that supplied no context and was uncheckable, I think the delta between iOS and Android may be even bigger than DED thinks, which amazes me.

I am utterly certain that he tweeted on the day, or the very next day, that Android activations reached 300K. Analysts then multiplied this by 90, as if Oct 1 is the same as the week after ThanksGiving.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple profits surge 77% on record sales of 4.1M Macs, 16.2M iPhones, 7.3M iPads