or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Notes of interest from Apple's Q1 2011 conference call

Notes of interest from Apple's Q1 2011 conference call - Page 4

post #121 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic View Post

Whoa. AAPL buy MSFT. My how the tables have turned. My brain just exploded. Seriously though, would that be an awesome hedge, for AAPL to buy some MSFT? I wonder if that would run afoul of anti-trust regs!

Of course, I'm just kidding, but if they don't do something by the end of the year, they should buy some big island somewhere and call it Appleland.
post #122 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfrederick View Post

you are 100% correct White Rabbit

gutless is putting it very lightly. the mods allow ENTIRE discussions to be dominated by these OBVIOUS trolls. it is now the norm as opposed to the exception. it should be embarrassing to AI, BUT THEY GET MAD AT US WHEN WE COMPLAIN! it's completely ridiculous, and severely diminishes AI. and i know we're not the only ones noticing/bothered by this.

Yeah, we all understand. It's how someone responds that's the problem.
post #123 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Of course, I'm just kidding, but if they don't do something by the end of the year, they should buy some big island somewhere and call it Appleland.

Hey, that was my idea:
Quote:
Hell, with the current cash hoard, Apple could afford to buy a dozen prime islands and build an idealized AppleWorld as the ultimate Apple enthusiast tourist destination but they'd still have $35B to $40B left in their coffers.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...8&postcount=17
post #124 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

Hey, that was my idea:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showp...8&postcount=17

Sorry, I didn't see that. You have priority.
post #125 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Sorry, I didn't see that. You have priority.

I just figured great minds think alike...at least occasionally.
post #126 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by penchanted View Post

I just figured great minds think alike...at least occasionally.

As long as they think.
post #127 of 129
I have a similar situation. Can be discussed.
post #128 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Taxidermy?

Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
post #129 of 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

The cash is not included in the share price. It is at most an abstraction attached to the value of the company, but is not otherwise reflected in the price of the shares. By the same token, debt is not subtracted from a company's share price, but may come into consideration in valuing the company if debt service becomes a major financial issue.

The "share price" of any stock is nothing more than the accumulative "opinion" of all the buyers/sellers of that stock. Any and all "news" that may enter into the thinking of those same buyers/sellers has an effect on that price. If I, or any other rational investor, had to choose between two companies .... one with no debt and a boatload of cash "in the bank" .... and another with no cash and a ton of debt .... the choice would be an easy one. IMHO, a lot of people tend to place too much emphasis on the "technical stats" of a company and forget that the stock market is nothing more than a "gambling house" and is swayed by "mass psychology" much more than tech. stat info. It's easy for an "investor" to legitimize an opinion with statistics .... but in most cases, that would be, not only not helpful, but misleading.
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Notes of interest from Apple's Q1 2011 conference call