or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney Pummels Palin Really Hard From Behind!

Mitt Romney Pummels Palin Really Hard From Behind!

Poll Results: Who would you rather have...be the nominee?

Poll expired: Dec 29, 2011  
  • 0% (0)
    I'm right leaning and I'd like to have Palin.
  • 20% (1)
    I'm right leaning and I'd rather have Romney.
  • 60% (3)
    I'm left leaning and so I hope Palin wins the Repub nominee.
  • 20% (1)
    I'm left leaning and Obama will beat Romney regardless.
5 Total Votes  
post #1 of 18
He's the new comeback kid, giving Sara a good and hard thrashing.

"Mitt Romney's hopes of securing the Republican nomination for the 2012 US presidential election received a major boost today after the wealthy former governor of Massachusetts easily won a poll of delegates from his party who were asked who should take on Barack Obama.

Romney won 35% of the poll, trouncing Texas congressman Ron Paul, with 11%, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty, with 8%, and 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who took 7%."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...hampshire-poll

"Romney the RINO", as Tea Party people call him, is sure to really infuriate them if he becomes the Republican nominee for POTUS.

Are there any right leaners here who'd rather he won the nomination instead of Sarah Palin?
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #2 of 18
I'll take "Thinly Veiled Crude Sexual Innuendos" for a $1,000, Alex.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

You're paranoid!

Who's Alex?

Do you think they'll run together? Maybe Romney's VP this time. "Vice" seems to be her thing, after getting McCain's solid backing.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

You're paranoid!

I believe "observant" is the word you're looking for there. No, I'm not paranoid at all.

Quote:

Who's Alex?

Alex Trebek.

Quote:

Do you think they'll run together?

I have no idea. I don't really care. Neither one of them is the answer to what ails this country. The best we can hope for is someone to slow down the runaway freight train. Possible a contentious "do nothing" Republican Congress and a whiny, smug, cocky Democratic President will achieve that goal.

post #5 of 18
Quote:

I believe "observant" is the word you're looking for there. No, I'm not paranoid at all.

Alex Trebek.

I have no idea. I don't really care. Neither one of them is the answer to what ails this country. The best we can hope for is someone to slow down the runaway freight train. Possible a contentious "do nothing" Republican Congress and a whiny, smug, cocky Democratic President will achieve that goal.

Who is?
post #6 of 18
Quote:

Who is?

Huh? Who is what?

post #7 of 18
Quote:

Huh? Who is what?

The answer.
post #8 of 18
Quote:

The answer.

I'm sorry. I'm now completely lost.

Ohhh...I got it now. Who is the answer to what ails this nation...right. Got it. Ummm...I'd say the best candidate would be Ron Paul. Honest. Intelligent. No bullshit. Understands the constitution and wants to follow it. Understands economics and the right policies to return the nation to growth. Understands monetary policy and how to end the silent and stealth plundering of the people of this country via the Fed and the fiat money system.

He'll never get elected of course. Several reasons:

1. He's not good looking enough.
2. Though he's intelligent and a decent speaker...he's not as eloquent, poetic as some.
3. No one actually wants to hear the truth, they want to hear slickly polished, but empty promises of "Hope" and "Change."

post #9 of 18
Quote:

I'm sorry. I'm now completely lost.

You said neither is the answer to what ails us, so I'm asking who you think is. I'm guessing you'd rather have Ron Paul than either of those two mentioned already, but perhaps you have someone else you'd prefer?
post #10 of 18
Quote:

Not very thinly veiled either. Hands, you keep trying to draw people in to your threads with shocking titles and racy or highly controversial dialogue. Why? Is having a highly read thread with lots of responses that important to you? Some of your topics are quite interesting without the innuendo.

In the office yesterday one of my democrat friends was discussing this topic. He feels that Palin will be the sacrificial lamb leading to the presidency. She will be put out as a front runner then have the carpet pulled from under her and that Jeb Bush will come from nowhere to secure the nomination. I don't know if this is the case, but it was far more interesting a theory than most I have heard. And not only that but if you add in Palin as VP you have a very interesting ticket indeed. Is it a winner? Depends on too many variables right now. Will it make any difference if it is? Don't know, but I do believe that Obama is not wowing right now. We shall see if that changes as the election comes closer.

However, Rather than him focusing on that, he should be focused "like a laser beam" on the economy.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #11 of 18
Quote:

He's the new comeback kid, giving Sara a good and hard thrashing.

"Mitt Romney's hopes of securing the Republican nomination for the 2012 US presidential election received a major boost today after the wealthy former governor of Massachusetts easily won a poll of delegates from his party who were asked who should take on Barack Obama.

Romney won 35% of the poll, trouncing Texas congressman Ron Paul, with 11%, former Minnesota governor Tim Pawlenty, with 8%, and 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, who took 7%."
~ http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...hampshire-poll

"Romney the RINO", as Tea Party people call him, is sure to really infuriate them if he becomes the Republican nominee for POTUS.

Are there any right leaners here who'd rather he won the nomination instead of Sarah Palin?

Mitt Romney is a piece of meat with no taste.He is no personality hardly and Obama would trounce him in 2012.Palin is just an imbecile to begin with.
post #12 of 18
I'd prefer Romney to Palin. I'd also prefer him over Jeb.

Like MJ, I'd absolutely love to see Ron Paul get elected, but don't believe it can happen with our uninformed, shallow voters.
Even then, I'd prefer he run as an independent, because I'd hate for him to be beholden to the republican party.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

I'd prefer Romney to Palin. I'd also prefer him over Jeb.

Like MJ, I'd absolutely love to see Ron Paul get elected, but don't believe it can happen with our uninformed, shallow voters.
Even then, I'd prefer he run as an independent, because I'd hate for him to be beholden to the republican party.

Agreed.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Not very thinly veiled either. Hands, you keep trying to draw people in to your threads with shocking titles and racy or highly controversial dialogue. Why? Is having a highly read thread with lots of responses that important to you? Some of your topics are quite interesting without the innuendo.

In the office yesterday one of my democrat friends was discussing this topic. He feels that Palin will be the sacrificial lamb leading to the presidency. She will be put out as a front runner then have the carpet pulled from under her and that Jeb Bush will come from nowhere to secure the nomination. I don't know if this is the case, but it was far more interesting a theory than most I have heard. And not only that but if you add in Palin as VP you have a very interesting ticket indeed. Is it a winner? Depends on too many variables right now. Will it make any difference if it is? Don't know, but I do believe that Obama is not wowing right now. We shall see if that changes as the election comes closer.

However, Rather than him focusing on that, he should be focused "like a laser beam" on the economy.

You lost me at the begining there.

I'm not in the US anymore, so it's much harder to have a good sense of how people's views are going. I'd be amazed though if a Bush and a Palin could team up. You're talking a lot of aminosity there from the middle and the left over W's wars etc.

Romney isn't stupid either and he knows he has to win the middle ground. McCains attempts to draw in the right through Palin failed to win him POTUS and Romney knows that she's a death wish because of that.

Palin may run and run with someone like Ron Paul, but then would Ron Paul want to be tarnished by Palin and compromise enough, I doubt it, but he may. I think more likely would be that guy from Texas, Rick Perry, him running with Palin as VP, but it's such a right wing ticket I think they'd get hammered come election time.

Romney with another moderately moderate seems to be the Repubs best chance.
post #15 of 18
Quote:

You lost me at the begining there.

I'm not in the US anymore, so it's much harder to have a good sense of how people's views are going. I'd be amazed though if a Bush and a Palin could team up. You're talking a lot of aminosity there from the middle and the left over W's wars etc.

Romney isn't stupid either and he knows he has to win the middle ground. McCains attempts to draw in the right through Palin failed to win him POTUS and Romney knows that she's a death wish because of that.

Palin may run and run with someone like Ron Paul, but then would Ron Paul want to be tarnished by Palin and compromise enough, I doubt it, but he may. I think more likely would be that guy from Texas, Rick Perry, him running with Palin as VP, but it's such a right wing ticket I think they'd get hammered come election time.

Romney with another moderately moderate seems to be the Repubs best chance.

Ok, I am going with benefit of the doubt here and say that this time you did not intend for your title to be anything but political commentary and drop it.

As for the rest. Do you have brothers or sisters? If so, are you and them alike in every way? I have siblings and for the most part we are all VERY different. To say that Palin could not run with a Bush shows to me a lack of realization that just because one is from the same family does not mean that one would lead the same way that their brother did. Let a man be judged on his own actions and beliefs, not his brothers or fathers. Does this mean that Jeb Bush will be the next nominee in my opinion? No. But he should not be dismissed based on W's wars.

I honestly like Ron Paul from what I have heard about hihm and the fact that he is not electable by the mainstream makes me like him more. So far, mainstream electable characters have not been that great for our nation. People need to judge on actual intelligence and policy, not sound bytes and whether someone looks like a person you would invite to a party.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #16 of 18
If we elect another Bush, we might as well have a royal family. Enough with the Bushes already.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

If we elect another Bush, we might as well have a royal family. Enough with the Bushes already.

Hating a person for the family they are in is not a reason.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Ok, I am going with benefit of the doubt here and say that this time you did not intend for your title to be anything but political commentary and drop it.

As for the rest. Do you have brothers or sisters? If so, are you and them alike in every way? I have siblings and for the most part we are all VERY different. To say that Palin could not run with a Bush shows to me a lack of realization that just because one is from the same family does not mean that one would lead the same way that their brother did. Let a man be judged on his own actions and beliefs, not his brothers or fathers. Does this mean that Jeb Bush will be the next nominee in my opinion? No. But he should not be dismissed based on W's wars.

I honestly like Ron Paul from what I have heard about hihm and the fact that he is not electable by the mainstream makes me like him more. So far, mainstream electable characters have not been that great for our nation. People need to judge on actual intelligence and policy, not sound bytes and whether someone looks like a person you would invite to a party.

Simply on a gut level people will dislike/hate Jeb, because of W. They are bound not to be politically very different from eachother either. That means Jeb's would get out the vote for Obama, just as Palin would.

I do have brothers and sisters and we're all very different, but were not running for POTUS and none of us have been elected to that office (yet!).

I can't stand Ron Paul. Basically he just wants to pretend it's still 1776. He can sound convincing, I'll give him that, but all his jibberish populist talk amounts to is whining on about white people being disenfranchised. The fact that anyone falls for it is a sad reflection of the alienation those people must feel from there fellow citizens of all races.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Mitt Romney Pummels Palin Really Hard From Behind!