or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Intel error also affects mobile, could delay Apple's next-gen MacBook Pros

Intel error also affects mobile, could delay Apple's next-gen MacBook Pros - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormM View Post

Regardless of which way is correct, if the Intel chips have several good SATA ports on them, that is probably enough for a laptop. Usually laptops have only one SATA device. Thus I don't see why this would delay the release of new Apple laptops.

One SATA device on a laptop? What do you think the optical drive is connected to?
The MACaholic
The MACaholic
post #42 of 43
Intel and wikipedia points out that the problem recalls only affect desktop class chipsets featuring the 2nd gen Core i5 SandyBridge microarchitecture. On the assumption that Apple uses the whole Intel set beyond just the CPU, then only iMac refresh would be delayed. On a partially related topic, Apple has used a 35 Watt TDP limit in MacBook Pros. There will soon be a quad core new chip at 45 Watts. 2.2 GHz tops. Multithreaded and turbo boost 2.0 as well. It would be awesome if Apple could redesign the 17" model to drive this hot chip.
The MACaholic
The MACaholic
post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMacPro View Post

Intel and wikipedia points out that the problem recalls only affect desktop class chipsets featuring the 2nd gen Core i5 SandyBridge microarchitecture. On the assumption that Apple uses the whole Intel set beyond just the CPU, then only iMac refresh would be delayed. On a partially related topic, Apple has used a 35 Watt TDP limit in MacBook Pros. There will soon be a quad core new chip at 45 Watts. 2.2 GHz tops. Multithreaded and turbo boost 2.0 as well. It would be awesome if Apple could redesign the 17" model to drive this hot chip.

That's excellent news. There are a lot of people champing at the bit to buy a new MacBook Pro.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Intel error also affects mobile, could delay Apple's next-gen MacBook Pros