or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping

post #1 of 87
Thread Starter 
Verizon subscribers who wasted no time ordering an iPhone 4 on Thursday have already received notification that their order has shipped, though whether the handsets will be delivered before the Feb. 10 launch date remains to be seen.

Multiple readers contacted AppleInsider on Thursday to share that their order of a CDMA iPhone 4 has already shipped, just hours after the handset first went on sale. Preorders for the CDMA iPhone 4 are currently only available for existing Verizon customers.

While the shipments are already headed out a week before the official Feb. 10 launch date, it is by means no sign that the devices will be delivered to customers early. When the iPad launched last April, the devices were held for days at the UPS Worldport hub in Louisville, Ken., to meet the April 3 launch date.

However, when the iPhone 4 debuted on AT&T's network last summer, some customers received early deliveries of the handset.

Verizon iPhone 4 preorders will open to all qualified customers next Wednesday, Feb. 9. And the device will officially go on sale at Apple and Verizon retail stores at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, Feb. 10.

Some customers also reported issues attempting to order their CDMA iPhone 4 on Thursday, with Verizon's website allegedly returning error messages for some customers. Technical issues have been a regular occurrence when a new version of Apple's popular smartphone goes on sale.
post #2 of 87
Mine says shipped, but have not received any tracking info, so hard to know what to make of it. I'd love to get it tomorrow but am trying not to get my hopes up.

Several readers on other forums report that in the past, when their phones have shipped, they do not receive the tracking number until late that evening or even after the phone has actually arrived.
post #3 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb1228 View Post

Mine says shipped, but have not received any tracking info, so hard to know what to make of it. I'd love to get it tomorrow but am trying not to get my hopes up.

Several readers on other forums report that in the past, when their phones have shipped, they do not receive the tracking number until late that evening or even after the phone has actually arrived.

So what time of night did you order the phone? And was it from Verizon's site or Apple's?

Thanks!
post #4 of 87
This is going to be chaos.
post #5 of 87
Let the throttling begin!
post #6 of 87
Meh. I ordered right around 2:55am EST and my order still shows as processing. Haven't even been charged on my account. I'd be shocked to receive it tomorrow. If they are indeed shipping starting today, I think I'd get it by monday or tuesday.
post #7 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummerchine View Post

So what time of night did you order the phone? And was it from Verizon's site or Apple's?

My order went in about 2:59 AM EST for three phones from Verizon's website through a business account.

One guy over at MacRumors has had his "Expected Ship Date" filled in as 2/3/2011. Mine hasn't changed yet, but I keep checking it every 2 minutes or so.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=241
post #8 of 87
I sense that they'll be held up at the facilities. Just like the gsm model was.
post #9 of 87
HUGE CONGRATS to all the Verizon customers getting the iPhone!

I've honestly read so much about this for SOOOOO long that I've been brainwashed to feel solidarity with you. lol.

Enjoy it!
post #10 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

I sense that they'll be held up at the facilities. Just like the gsm model was.

You could be right, and I'm afraid you probably are. BUT I have to wonder what the point is in holding them up after they're already ready to go. You'd think it would be better for Verizon to have everyone trying to activate over a 6 day period of time rather than all in one or two days. Would make the whole situation go much more smoothly. That's me rationalizing. I just really want it tomorrow.
post #11 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb1228 View Post

My order went in about 2:59 AM EST for three phones from Verizon's website through a business account.

One guy over at MacRumors has had his "Expected Ship Date" filled in as 2/3/2011. Mine hasn't changed yet, but I keep checking it every 2 minutes or so.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=241

Did you have a business verizon account? VZW rep told us today that business accounts could NOT participate in the preorder process. They said your company has to deal with it; when I told them that I am the person having authority within the company -- I am the owner -- they said they couldn't find a way to it.
post #12 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw View Post

Did you have a business verizon account? VZW rep told us today that business accounts could NOT participate in the preorder process. They said your company has to deal with it; when I told them that I am the person having authority within the company -- I am the owner -- they said they couldn't find a way to it.

As far as I can understand, yes it is a business account. On the status check page it even asks you for confirmation number and either Last Name or Company Name...
https://preorder.verizonwireless.com...cSearchInit.do
post #13 of 87
Verizon Wireless is charging their existing customers, who do not qualify for an upgrade $50 more than apple.com. Below are the sample pricing from each site:

Prices for individuals who do not qualify for a subsidized upgrade:
Verizon wireless $749.99 for iPhone4 32GB
Apple.com $699.00 for iPhone4 32GB

If you have ordered from Verizon you should request a credit, or should return and buy from Apple.
post #14 of 87
The tease site went down for me at 2.40-ish Eastern.

And was back up and running at 2.45am with the order prompt. By 2.52 I had placed my order without difficulty (and an additional 50$ discount, making it a 32g phone for 250$).

I didn't get any shipping notice by email, but when I log into the website it does show that its shipped. Of course, any arrival before next Thursday is gravy, since I've been waiting for something like 5 years...
post #15 of 87
I ordered my iPhone at 12:05am PST and received my email conformation at 2:55am. As of now my order says pending with a ship date of Feb. 10th.
post #16 of 87
I ordered mine at about 3:30AM ET and mine says "We received your order and it is in process", with an expected ship date of 2/10/11.
post #17 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb1228 View Post

My order went in about 2:59 AM EST for three phones from Verizon's website through a business account.

One guy over at MacRumors has had his "Expected Ship Date" filled in as 2/3/2011. Mine hasn't changed yet, but I keep checking it every 2 minutes or so.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=241

Seriously? Every 2 minutes? Its stupid crap like that that bogs down the website for legitimate users.

I ordered mine and I can *live* until I get an email that it ships.

lol....every 2 minutes.....
macbook pro's (x4) -  iPhone6, 5s, 5, 4s - iPads (x4) - 27" iMac - AppleTv
Reply
macbook pro's (x4) -  iPhone6, 5s, 5, 4s - iPads (x4) - 27" iMac - AppleTv
Reply
post #18 of 87
sometimes it says shipped but the package is still not picked up by the mail carrier and since most have reported that they have no tracking number I suspect that is what is happening.

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

Reply

"Apple people have no objectivity when it comes to criticism of Apple.." Lenovo X1 Carbon is out..bye bye MBAir

Reply
post #19 of 87
I ordered mine at 11:55pm, received confirmation at 1:42am. I was at work so I had the opportunity. Ship date shows 2/10. No big deal since I have been waiting for a while.
Now I can bury my original blackberry storm
post #20 of 87
When I preordered my 3GS few years back Apple shipped it early but the shipment was held at Memphis (FedEx) location for few days and was not delivered until release day. This is normal. They want to make sure they are delivered on time and it is better to not have all preorders plus store shipments leave the factory at the same day.
post #21 of 87
Traditionally, Apple ships these to your local shipping warehouse where they're held until the release date and then delivered on that date. This ensures that all pre-orders get to their destination on time.

This is what happened with my iPad. Sat in the Fedex warehouse for a few days before it was delivered.

Pre-orders don't usually have a "ship" date, Apple gives you a "delivery" date.
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #22 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningSkies View Post

The tease site went down for me at 2.40-ish Eastern.

And was back up and running at 2.45am with the order prompt. By 2.52 I had placed my order without difficulty (and an additional 50$ discount, making it a 32g phone for 250$).

I didn't get any shipping notice by email, but when I log into the website it does show that its shipped. Of course, any arrival before next Thursday is gravy, since I've been waiting for something like 5 years...

I just took a quick look at my confirmation email from last night, and see that my 'order number' is 62, meaning it's one of the very first to be registered/processed in their system.
post #23 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb1228 View Post

Mine says shipped, but have not received any tracking info, so hard to know what to make of it. I'd love to get it tomorrow but am trying not to get my hopes up.

Several readers on other forums report that in the past, when their phones have shipped, they do not receive the tracking number until late that evening or even after the phone has actually arrived.

I also see that my iPhone has been shipped. Do they ship from CA? I'm in CT, I would assume I would get mine closer to the 10th.
post #24 of 87
I ordered mine around 3:30 am cst. I have notification that it was picked up at the Memphis facility and that the expected delivery is before 3 tomorrow.
post #25 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshephard View Post

I ordered mine around 3:30 am cst. I have notification that it was picked up at the Memphis facility and that the expected delivery is before 3 tomorrow.

Do you have a tracking number?
post #26 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviboy97 View Post

Do you have a tracking number?

Yes I do, but there is still no evidence that it has left Memphis. The sad thing is that I'm going to be gone when it is delivered and if they do get it to my house tomorrow, they won't leave it. So I'll have to wait until Monday.
post #27 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshephard View Post

Yes I do, but there is still no evidence that it has left Memphis. The sad thing is that I'm going to be gone when it is delivered and if they do get it to my house tomorrow, they won't leave it. So I'll have to wait until Monday.

I got my confirmation email at 3:07am EST for my pre-order. No tracking number yet for my phone, only that it has been shipped.
post #28 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviboy97 View Post

I got my confirmation email at 3:07am EST for my pre-order. No tracking number yet for my phone, only that it has been shipped.

Just got a shipping update saying that it has left the Memphis FedEx facility. I think that means that it isn't being held for the Feb 10th release, but that's just a guess.
post #29 of 87
Here's a guy that claims to have all his info sent through email. Tracking number, delivery date, and screenshots to prove. I hope he's legit.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...&postcount=588

Says his will be delivered tomorrow (2/4/11). I hope so. Still waiting for my email/tracking number.
post #30 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by sshephard View Post

Just got a shipping update saying that it has left the Memphis FedEx facility. I think that means that it isn't being held for the Feb 10th release, but that's just a guess.

My CC was charged to a VZW office in Bedminster, NJ. Maybe that is where it is coming from.
post #31 of 87
On VZW website, they are no longer taking pre-orders. Looks like they sold out
post #32 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviboy97 View Post

My CC was charged to a VZW office in Bedminster, NJ. Maybe that is where it is coming from.

Yeah, mine is showing up as charged out of Warren NJ. sometime this afternoon.

The site is down, basically saying you're out of luck and you'll have to wait. But the tracking feature is also down and I haven't gotten a tracking email yet.
post #33 of 87
Lots of reports of tracking numbers coming in via email. I still don't have mine yet but I've seen people on twitter and other forums sites claiming to have them. Most say that entering the number in UPS or FEDEX websites yields no helpful information yet, but a few (unsure of reliability) are reporting delivery dates of tomorrow by 3 PM.
post #34 of 87
I wanted to check the status of my order, but the site appears to be down. Also i ordered my iPhone at around 2:45am est. time last night and it says shipped from like 8 hours ago from when the site was up, but no tracking info. And no email saying it was shipped. I am hoping it will come in tomorrow. But i think i will be disappointed.
post #35 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Verizon subscribers who wasted no time ordering an iPhone 4 on Thursday have already received notification that their order has shipped, though whether the handsets will be delivered before the Feb. 10 launch date remains to be seen.

Multiple readers contacted AppleInsider on Thursday to share that their order of a CDMA iPhone 4 has already shipped, just hours after the handset first went on sale. Preorders for the CDMA iPhone 4 are currently only available for existing Verizon customers.

While the shipments are already headed out a week before the official Feb. 10 launch date, it is by means no sign that the devices will be delivered to customers early. When the iPad launched last April, the devices were held for days at the UPS Worldport hub in Louisville, Ken., to meet the April 3 launch date.

However, when the iPhone 4 debuted on AT&T's network last summer, some customers received early deliveries of the handset.

Verizon iPhone 4 preorders will open to all qualified customers next Wednesday, Feb. 9. And the device will officially go on sale at Apple and Verizon retail stores at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, Feb. 10.

Some customers also reported issues attempting to order their CDMA iPhone 4 on Thursday, with Verizon's website allegedly returning error messages for some customers. Technical issues have been a regular occurrence when a new version of Apple's popular smartphone goes on sale.

Whats the rush? In 4 months the IPhone 5 will come out, then all the sorry Verizon IPhone customers whos locked into a 2 year agreement will wake up. Edan Aharony
post #36 of 87
Whats the rush? In 4 months the IPhone 5 will come out, then all the sorry Verizon IPhone customers whos locked into a 2 year agreement will wake up. Edan Aharony
post #37 of 87
I ordered right before 3am est and have got a tracking number from ups... I called ups and they have picked up my package in Memphis and it is coming to me gauranteed ups air by tomorrow!!
post #38 of 87
I am kind of irritated that my order from the Apple store hasn't shipped since many seem to be getting them [though from Verizon's store]. It's kind of irritating since mine would have shipped yesterday with others had Verizon's website not been a pain with my address, it kept telling me that it was unacceptable or some kind of garbage like that despite I put it 1000 different ways including the exact way it is on my bill.

Meh, I guess I'll learn not to pre-order in the future from Apple.com.
post #39 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misenda View Post

I ordered right before 3am est and have got a tracking number from ups... I called ups and they have picked up my package in Memphis and it is coming to me gauranteed ups air by tomorrow!!

I just got a tracking number from FedEx and it is in Memphis right now and possibly will be delayed due to bad weather...great. lol otherwise it says it is scheduled to arrive on the 7th.
post #40 of 87
Got a tracking number from UPS, and a departure scan from Memphis. Maybe this afternoon!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping