or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping

Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping - Page 3

post #81 of 87
Also, for the contacts, I did use Google sync, and my calendar and contacts downloaded very quickly. I think Verizon recommended to use their Backup assistant. Never used it though, but this was all in all a very surprising and unventful upgrade.

15" MB Pro Early 2011 (2.0 i7 8GB RAM 240 SSD); ATV 3; iPad 3 (32GB, VZW Black); iPhone 4S (16GB AT&T Black); Airport Extreme (2011)

15" MB Pro Early 2011 (2.0 i7 8GB RAM 240 SSD); ATV 3; iPad 3 (32GB, VZW Black); iPhone 4S (16GB AT&T Black); Airport Extreme (2011)

post #82 of 87
So is there an option to enter a phone number of your choice? I got mine on my dad's lines upgrade, as Verizon told me I could still do this with the iPhone. I don't want it activating on his line and shutting his phone down lol
post #83 of 87
I had no option to enter a line. It prompted me to agree to the terms of service, etc. and register the phone. Then again, I have only one line, so with multi-line accounts I would assume there would be some sort of option.

post #84 of 87
I've been lurking here long enough so I finally decided to sign up.

I received a call from my wife informing me that my Verizon iphone has just been delivered. I guess it will be a long afternoon at work waiting to get home.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for their new iphones to arrive.
post #85 of 87
Receiced mine around 2:45.

I actually had some trouble activating, so I called Verizon and got an awesome CSA that activated it on MY line instead of on my dad's then switching it over!

LOVING my iPhone 4!!!!
post #86 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by NShirkey View Post

Apple has "hinted" that iPhone 5 will launch at the same time with both providers saying, "we're not stupid." Speculation is that the next iPhone will be able to work with both systems. No reason to make 2 entire lines of iPhone going forward.

iFixit seem to confirm that the Verizon iPhone *could* support GSM too given the chipset (if it had a SIM!) so it seems that your suggestion is correct. In which case buying an iPhone 4 on Verizon now is even more of a dead end imho.
post #87 of 87
got mine today!!! not sure what time because i was at work, but i left a note asking them to leave it and they did, YAY! in love with it so far!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Early bird Verizon iPhone 4 orders already shipping