or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Verizon iPhone 4 shipments on track for early Feb. 7 delivery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Verizon iPhone 4 shipments on track for early Feb. 7 delivery

post #1 of 51
Thread Starter 
Customers who were among the first to order a Verizon-compatible iPhone 4 began receiving notifications on Friday that their handset is scheduled for delivery on Monday, Feb. 7.

The deliveries through FedEx suggest that the highly anticipated CDMA variant of Apple's iPhone 4 could arrive as early as next Monday. However, it's also possible that Apple could require that the packages be held until the official launch date of Feb. 10, a tactic the company has used before.

Customers first began to receive word on Thursday, soon after preorders began, that their Verizon iPhone 4 had shipped. But exact details on the shipments, including tracking numbers, were not provided until later.

Those who pounced on iPhone 4 preorders when they first became available at 3 a.m. Thursday lucked out, as both Verizon and Apple were forced to stop taking orders after the handset's initial allotment sold out by 8:10 p.m. The carrier issued a press release on Friday to declare that sales of the iPhone 4 had broken the company's records within the first two hours of availability.

Initial preorders were limited only to existing, qualified Verizon customers. Starting Feb. 9, all qualified customers will be able to order a Verizon iPhone 4 through Apple's online store for delivery or in-store pickup.



Whether or not early bird orders are delivered ahead of time, the Verizon iPhone 4 officially goes on sale at 7 a.m. local time on Feb. 10. It will be available in Apple's U.S. retail stores, as well as more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores across the country.
post #2 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

....

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?
post #3 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?

Haha! I have no idea. But I ordered mine at 2:45AM on Feb. 3rd and have yet to receive any shipping notice...
post #4 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker978 View Post

Haha! I have no idea. But I ordered mine at 2:45AM on Feb. 3rd and have yet to receive any shipping notice...

I finally got mine mid-morning today having ordered at 2.45 as well. Also slated for FedEx delivery on the 7th. I know that they're also shipping UPS, which I would guess is dependent upon the region and whatever shipping discounts Verizon gets.
post #5 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?

That's where the iPhone is, not where it is going. ^^ Not sure why it is coming from Canada though!


Ordered mine at 4am and got my tracking number around noon.
post #6 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?

Ontario is a town in California, not just a Canadian province.
post #7 of 51
yeah right. fedex is going to sit on it until the 10th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Customers who were among the first to order a Verizon-compatible iPhone 4 began receiving notifications on Friday that their handset is scheduled for delivery on Monday, Feb. 7.

The deliveries through FedEx suggest that the highly anticipated CDMA variant of Apple's iPhone 4 could arrive as early as next Monday. However, it's also possible that Apple could require that the packages be held until the official launch date of Feb. 10, a tactic the company has used before.

Customers first began to receive word on Thursday, soon after preorders began, that their Verizon iPhone 4 had shipped. But exact details on the shipments, including tracking numbers, were not provided until later.

Those who pounced on iPhone 4 preorders when they first became available at 3 a.m. Thursday lucked out, as both Verizon and Apple were forced to stop taking orders after the handset's initial allotment sold out by 8:10 p.m. The carrier issued a press release on Friday to declare that sales of the iPhone 4 had broken the company's records within the first two hours of availability.

Initial preorders were limited only to existing, qualified Verizon customers. Starting Feb. 9, all qualified customers will be able to order a Verizon iPhone 4 through Apple's online store for delivery or in-store pickup.



Whether or not early bird orders are delivered ahead of time, the Verizon iPhone 4 officially goes on sale at 7 a.m. local time on Feb. 10. It will be available in Apple's U.S. retail stores, as well as more than 2,000 Verizon Wireless Communication Stores across the country.
post #8 of 51
I actually called Fedex in regard to my shipment to see if I was able to pick it up, if it got to my local Fedex depot. The lady said that the package had a restriction from Verizon, on it. I said "oh?" she continued to say that I couldn't pick it up because it requires a signature from someone at the address it's being sent to. Otherwise, she said it would be there Monday for me....So by the sounds of it, there is nothing that is holding this for the 10th
post #9 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?

That's Ontario, California in Los Angeles, where one of Verizon's shipping centers are.
post #10 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmscaf View Post

I actually called Fedex in regard to my shipment to see if I was able to pick it up, if it got to my local Fedex depot. The lady said that the package had a restriction from Verizon, on it. I said "oh?" she continued to say that I couldn't pick it up because it requires a signature from someone at the address it's being sent to. Otherwise, she said it would be there Monday for me....So by the sounds of it, there is nothing that is holding this for the 10th

If it's being mailed to you, wouldn't that make you able to sign for it? Nice to know they are not holding it till Feb 10th.
post #11 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitXD View Post

If it's being mailed to you, wouldn't that make you able to sign for it? Nice to know they are not holding it till Feb 10th.

You are correct, however it has to be at that address...why? I have no clue lol.
post #12 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?


Funny, that could be my tracking number. My iPhone was shipped from Ontario, California and is scheduled to be dropped off on Monday. I hope they don't hold it. I bet they want people to activate early so there are that many fewer people trying to activate on February 10th.

I just wish they would have shipped it yesterday so I could have it today. I placed my order at 12:02 AM (Pacific) on the 3rd so I doubt ordering it earlier would have changed my shipping date.

Why couldn't they have popped for Saturday delivery? haha
post #13 of 51
You do understand that there is an Ontario California, right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Why would anyone in Ontario buy a Verizon phone?
post #14 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

You do understand that there is an Ontario California, right?

Well, I can't answer for him, but I have lived next to Canada for most of my life, and I totally read that as "Ontario, Canada."

But considering I could almost throw a baseball into Ontario, I guess it's not surprising.
post #15 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Well, I can't answer for him, but I have lived next to Canada for most of my life, and I totally read that as "Ontario, Canada." ...

Yeah, exactly.

My apologies for not knowing that there was an Ontario in California or the postal codes of the various states you guys have down there. I interpreted "CA" to be "Canada."

In my defence, the Canadian Ontario was the first one, is far more well-known, and also the birthplace of the word itself. It never occurred to me that somewhere in sunny California would name itself after cold and snowy Ontario.
post #16 of 51
None of it has been right from the get-go. Originally sales began at Midnight (CA) for pre-orders. I was able to order mine 45 min before midnight. I received my FedEx confirmation tracking number at 1am this morning. It's in transit and out for delivery. Expected date is Monday but I think I may get it tomorrow since it says overnight shipping and I only live 4 hrs away from the shipping location. Who knows. Either way...don't rely on what anyone says
post #17 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffyJosephCA View Post

That's Ontario, California in Los Angeles, where one of Verizon's shipping centers are.

I heard somewhere, that we have to have a "war" with a country before we know where it is in the world. Geography is not a required subject in American schools.

PS. Before anyone jumps all over me...no I'm not advocating invading Canada or California...just a little humor!

Best
post #18 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I heard somewhere, that we have to have a "war" with a country before we know where it is in the world. Geography is not a required subject in American schools.

PS. Before anyone jumps all over me...no I'm not advocating invading Canada or California...just a little humor!

Best

Don't forget, that already happened in the movie South Park - we declared war on Canada - funny stuff.
post #19 of 51
Everyone receiving order statuses and such. I emailed and got that my order had processed and everything just no shipping confirmation yet. Kinda strange.

I believe though that I should be getting my around Monday as well.
post #20 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitXD View Post

That's where the iPhone is, not where it is going. ^^ Not sure why it is coming from Canada though!


Ordered mine at 4am and got my tracking number around noon.

It is Ontario California !...LOL
post #21 of 51
ordered at 12:15am Pacific time and got my email saying it had shipped. Mine's coming by UPS before 10:30am Monday.
post #22 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Well, I can't answer for him, but I have lived next to Canada for most of my life, and I totally read that as "Ontario, Canada."

But considering I could almost throw a baseball into Ontario, I guess it's not surprising.

Funny. For those of us here in SoCal it's a major airport w some sort of town around/under it. I immediately read the post as "his VZ iPhone is at the UPS hub at Ontario airport."

Canada has a town (or state-thingy) named after an airport in SoCal? Who'da guessed that.
post #23 of 51
Can anyone confirm...
Are the people that are receiving the tracking numbers/shipping confirmations only people that ordered their phone through Verizon? I ordered mine through Apple's website as I had gift cards to use, and my order just says "Prepared for Shipment"... and I'm in CA not too far from Ontario.
post #24 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbowood View Post

Can anyone confirm...
Are the people that are receiving the tracking numbers/shipping confirmations only people that ordered their phone through Verizon? I ordered mine through Apple's website as I had gift cards to use, and my order just says "Prepared for Shipment"... and I'm in CA not too far from Ontario.

If you have the order location number and order number, you can create a reference number for FedEx shipments.
post #25 of 51
... weather might be an issue here in Oklahoma. No UPS deliveries for at least the past three days in my neighborhood. Several more inches of snow predicted on Super Bowl Sunday. Tracking info only says "A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated." That's as of 10:30 CST Friday night.
post #26 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartBuzz View Post

If you have the order location number and order number, you can create a reference number for FedEx shipments.

I don't see anything labeled "order location number" in the email I received, I just see the order number.
post #27 of 51
.....
post #28 of 51
Why would you advertise a pre-order as "first come, first serve" and "ship on or before Feb 10" then hold the shipment? I checked my credit card and the charge for my iPhone 4 is still pending so my phone has not shipped. FedEx is saying "delivery by 3:00 PM Monday Feb. 7". If Apple holds shipments until Feb 10 they are just another "Big Brother" as Microsoft is.
post #29 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Don't forget, that already happened in the movie South Park - we declared war on Canada - funny stuff.

Good lord, does no one study history anymore? It already happened in South Park? How about it already happened in 1812?
post #30 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitXD View Post

That's where the iPhone is, not where it is going. ^^ Not sure why it is coming from Canada though!


Ordered mine at 4am and got my tracking number around noon.

It's Ontario, CA, that's where mine shipped from also.
post #31 of 51
I ordered two from Apple Store, they have shipped from China...supposed to be here by noon on Tuesday. Sweet!
post #32 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIaddict View Post

Good lord, does no one study history anymore? It already happened in South Park? How about it already happened in 1812?

To be fair, it was still part of the British Empire then, and it wasn't the only place the U.S. invaded.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
post #33 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyflyrr View Post

It's Ontario, CA, that's where mine shipped from also.

I ordered mine through Verizon Wireless, since it was an upgrade for me.
post #34 of 51
My order was placed at 2:58AM on 2/3. Talked to UPS local facility and it should be out for delivery Monday morning before 10:30AM. Darn, but it is coming. I did ask if I could pick it up and I can't. The guy who took my call was nice and let me know he tried once to see if he could get something early but the packages are an pallets to be sorted. I can go an pick up Monday AM but at that point I'll just wait.

Hope everyone can get theirs soon.

Major City near, ME, United States\t02/05/2011\t6:33 A.M.\tDeparture Scan
02/05/2011\t5:27 A.M.\tArrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States\t02/05/2011\t4:34 A.M.\tDeparture Scan
Louisville, KY, United States\t02/04/2011\t12:28 P.M.\tArrival Scan
Memphis, TN, United States\t02/04/2011\t6:10 A.M.\tDeparture Scan
Memphis, TN, United States\t02/03/2011\t8:58 P.M.\tOrigin Scan
United States\t02/04/2011\t12:39 P.M.\tOrder Processed: Ready for UPS
post #35 of 51
I got somewhat of an explanation from a Verizon Wireless CSR.

Certain pre-orders were randomly selected to receive what he called a "beta" shipment, meaning if you already have a tracking number, you will receive your order BEFORE the 10th of February.

For those of you (and myself) who's order status shows shipped and you have been charged, but you have not received a tracking number you are in pre-shipping status. Their system charges your credit card when you package's shipping label is created and scanned. He said Verizon and Apple are holding those shipments until 1 or 2 days before the 10th of February, so they will be delivered ON the 10th of February.

He said so basically it is sitting in their other warehouse in a box, with a shipping label on it with thousands of other iPhones waiting for FedEx to pick them up.

Whether this is correct or not, it makes some sense.

Zach
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachh1020 View Post

I got somewhat of an explanation from a Verizon Wireless CSR.

Certain pre-orders were randomly selected to receive what he called a "beta" shipment, meaning if you already have a tracking number, you will receive your order BEFORE the 10th of February.

For those of you (and myself) who's order status shows shipped and you have been charged, but you have not received a tracking number you are in pre-shipping status. Their system charges your credit card when you package's shipping label is created and scanned. He said Verizon and Apple are holding those shipments until 1 or 2 days before the 10th of February, so they will be delivered ON the 10th of February.

He said so basically it is sitting in their other warehouse in a box, with a shipping label on it with thousands of other iPhones waiting for FedEx to pick them up.

Whether this is correct or not, it makes some sense.

Zach

I guess the most important thing here is that they are finally on the way!
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachh1020 View Post

I got somewhat of an explanation from a Verizon Wireless CSR.

Certain pre-orders were randomly selected to receive what he called a "beta" shipment, meaning if you already have a tracking number, you will receive your order BEFORE the 10th of February.

For those of you (and myself) who's order status shows shipped and you have been charged, but you have not received a tracking number you are in pre-shipping status. Their system charges your credit card when you package's shipping label is created and scanned. He said Verizon and Apple are holding those shipments until 1 or 2 days before the 10th of February, so they will be delivered ON the 10th of February.

He said so basically it is sitting in their other warehouse in a box, with a shipping label on it with thousands of other iPhones waiting for FedEx to pick them up.

Whether this is correct or not, it makes some sense.

Zach

What if the speculation is true, and 1,000,000 iPhones were sold on Thursday. It would be possible that UPS and FedEx would randomly spread out delivery rather than being saddled with 1,000,000 iPhones dropped into their overnight supply channel in the same day.
post #38 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y.M.S.BUSHAN View Post

It is Ontario California !...LOL

I believe we figured that out about 5 posts ago, nor have I ever been near the west coast
post #39 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFigure View Post

Why would you advertise a pre-order as "first come, first serve" and "ship on or before Feb 10" then hold the shipment? I checked my credit card and the charge for my iPhone 4 is still pending so my phone has not shipped. FedEx is saying "delivery by 3:00 PM Monday Feb. 7". If Apple holds shipments until Feb 10 they are just another "Big Brother" as Microsoft is.

They never advertised that. It was always going to ship on February 10. So per the agreement you made with them by buying the phone, the soonest you could expect it to ship was next Thursday. If they get it to you earlier that is a bonus, not something they told you they would do or that you should expect. How shipping it when they told you it would ship makes Apple like Big Brother or Microsoft isn't clear to me. On a related note, Apple fans will really find anything to bitch about, won't they.
post #40 of 51
UPS shows an origin scan in Louisville, KY, very, very early on Sunday morning. Still scheduled for Monday morning delivery.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Verizon iPhone 4 shipments on track for early Feb. 7 delivery