Originally Posted by pmz
Lots of predetermined BS in this post. Who are you to say that intelligent design is real, or not real? Unfortunately you and I both have precisely ZERO evidence to contribute to the discussion. No one does, anywhere. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who thinks they know the unknowable.
Sorry, but you're just plain wrong.
I have a PhD in science. I understand how to observe the world and reach conclusions.
There are two possibilities:
1. Intelligent design is wrong
2. Intelligent design is right. However, for that to be true, God would have had to have created the world:
- with exactly the right fraction of radioactive isotopes decayed in exactly the percentage to look like the universe is 10 billion years old
- created distant quasars and galaxies - with photons already on there way here looking like they were billions of light years away
- intentionally distorted the photons to look like the galaxies are moving away from us at high speed
- created all the different species with DNA that is so much alike - and with all the different species falling onto a tree where each branch shares most of its DNA with the branch below it
- created a fossil record of dinosaurs and other animals that never could have existed (according to Genesis, the written record is almost equal to the amount of time that Man has been on earth - and there has never, ever been a record of anyone seeing a dinosaur)
- and literally millions of other data points where God must have created the world to look like evolution exists and the planetary systems developed over billions of years
That leads to one of the following conclusions:
1. There is no God
2. There is a God, but the biblical stories are not historically accurate in any way
3. God exists and created the world in 7 days as in the bible - BUT HE INTENTIONALLY SET OUT TO TRICK US. This requires a God who gives us human intelligence - but wants to punish us for using it. But that's counter to everything in the bible about God loving us
Your option just doesn't make any sense to anyone with even a shred of rationality. The scientific facts are readily observable to anyone who cares to take the time to learn something. You can't simply wave your hand and say 'science is wrong' - which is what 'Intelligent Design' attempts to do.