or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Hints of Apple TV gaming platform found in iOS 4.3 beta
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hints of Apple TV gaming platform found in iOS 4.3 beta - Page 3

post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

fiscal year ends of 2011 and 2012 should be interesting to note.

One or two years of modest profits will not un-do this disaster. Finding a penny on Friday is no compensation for losing your whole wallet on Monday.

This platform is old already. There are too few titles appearing, and development costs remain stubbornly high.

If there is a credible scenario in which the PS3 gets to break-even, I for one, cannot see it.

And remember what break-even means; That the supposed leading company in videogames has sat for eight or ten years and not made a single penny.

C.
post #82 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

One or two years of modest profits will not un-do this disaster ...

i don't harbour some near-pathological pessimism for a consumer electronics division so i'm unfazed as to when and by how much the company will see returns of their investment. and it's timely to see the state of the gaming industry given we're in the midst of GDC.
post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by emacs72 View Post

i don't harbour some near-pathological pessimism for a consumer electronics division so i'm unfazed as to when and by how much the company will see returns of their investment. and it's timely to see the state of the gaming industry given we're in the midst of GDC.

I've worked in the games industry my whole life. I'm very invested in seeing it be as healthy as possible.

But a healthy industry requires healthy platforms. Ones which enable creators to invest in titles, reach a market and profit from delivering entertainment.

The pursuit of the hardcore gaming audience, by Sony and Microsoft has been an unsuccessful experiment. It has caused real damage and real hardship. Yet many continue to celebrate and reward this move, because a lack of transparency and honesty conceals what actually happened.

C.
post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carniphage View Post

The pursuit of the hardcore gaming audience, by Sony and Microsoft has been an unsuccessful experiment.

i would be keen to hear from several attendees of GDC 2011 in this regard.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Hints of Apple TV gaming platform found in iOS 4.3 beta