or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS jailbreakers thwarted by Apple's latest version of iBooks

iOS jailbreakers thwarted by Apple's latest version of iBooks - Page 5

post #161 of 164
In a way this is kind of like a kill switch. I guess it is really not much different than software that does a version check on your OS and refuses to run if the OS version is not one that it supports. But the reasoning behind it is a little malicious. It's not like I screwed up my phone and it refuses to run apps which I could accept and don;t expect apple to fix it becuse i know it violated the warranty. It's kind of like GM going in my garage and removing the AC from my car because I put an aftermarket exhaust system on the car. Sure it may void my warranty but it did nothing to harm my AC system However, GM decided I should be punished and denied its use on my car.

I guess in apple's defense they could claim that people could use a jail broken phone to crack the DRM on eBooks and they are only protecting their content publisher's rights. But really, I think they waste a lot of time with these half-assed attempts to counter jailbreaks. Seriously, If you can't prevent the phone from being jail broken to begin with this kind of stuff is not going to work either.
post #162 of 164
That is crazy, jailbreaking will still go on, and it will not be stopped
post #163 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by the cool gut View Post

Stop crying like a baby and thank your lucky stars Apple allows you to use a jailbroken iPhone at all.

He has every right to jailbreak his phone. Maybe Apple should stop playing cat and mouse patching up "software vulnerabilities" and actually put those software engineers to work on something productive

Retina Macbook Pro - 2.6ghz

Galaxy Nexus - Jelly Bean!

Retina Macbook Pro - 2.6ghz

Galaxy Nexus - Jelly Bean!

post #164 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonMushroom View Post

He has every right to jailbreak his phone. Maybe Apple should stop playing cat and mouse patching up "software vulnerabilities" and actually put those software engineers to work on something productive

What, like iOS? They're sort of already doing that.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iOS jailbreakers thwarted by Apple's latest version of iBooks