or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs reported in attendance in meeting with Obama

Steve Jobs reported in attendance in meeting with Obama - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Obama liked the name...

And it's probably one of the last few sites that is still formatted for his BlackBerry...

Quote:

... and sitting next to Obama... but to his left.

I guess Soros let him have his seat...
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
post #42 of 56
deleted
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

He created something from nothing and became a billionaire. Its not like he was some rich kid that has billions when he started this and it was some pet project that made him some extra money. So if he stand the test of time he won't be any different then Steve Jobs.

you can't create something from nothing....but, yes he did do well with his website.
but he won't do this again i think. facebook will die slowly like AOL is doing but zuckerberg will just do other ventures with his large amount of cash. i think he is more bill gates than steve jobs.
post #44 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

What the hell did Yahoo have to contribute at that meeting?
They're been pretty irrelevant for quite a while now.

It seems as if 90% of the people I talk to use yahoo for email. I never got onto the Yahoo bandwagon.
post #45 of 56
I tried to figure out who is who in the photo. One unknown person behind Zuckerberg.

clockwise: Barack Obama, Steve Jobs, John Doerr, Ann Doerr, Eric Schmidt, Art Levinson, John Chambers, Steve Westl, Larry Ellison, Reed Hastings, John Hennessy, Carol Bartz, Dick Costolo, Unknown, Mark Zuckerberg

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #46 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I tried to figure out who is who in the photo. One unknown person behind Zuckerberg.

I think you've got Westly and Doerr opposite to what it should be.
Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm...
post #47 of 56
Quote:

I think you've got Westly and Doerr opposite to what it should be.

I had a hard time deciding on that one. The woman at the near end of the table was also unknown so I was thinking they were the hosts. Both Westl and Doerr part their hair the same and have similar hair color and build. Doerr does wear glasses, not sure about Westl. You could be right it does look like him a bit.

post #48 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I had a hard time deciding on that one. The woman at the near end of the table was also unknown so I was thinking they were the hosts. Both Westl and Doerr part their hair the same and have similar hair color and build. Doerr does wear glasses, not sure about Westl. You could be right it does look like him a bit.

Doerr is to Ellison's right (he does wear glasses - he was a patient of mine). I'm an Optometrist.
post #49 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Doerr is to Ellison's right (he does wear glasses - he was a patient of mine). I'm an Optometrist.

Good deal, I updated the photo.

post #50 of 56
Quote:

... and sitting next to Obama... but to his left.

That's good in this case 'cause Obama is left-handed. And Zuckerberg to his right?

And where's Meg Whitnone and Carly Fiorentino?
post #51 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Do you know Dr. Shahinian?
post #52 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by multifoiled View Post

Microsoft isn't based in the Bay Area, as all the other representatives were. Why would they be invited?

Microsoft Technology Center is in Mountainview, I would guess a Microsoft bigshot would have been available
post #53 of 56
I forgot, all the bigshots retired, quit or got fired (except for one).
post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeNsteinNo View Post

I forgot, all the bigshots retired, quit or got fired (except for one).

this is pretty hilarious...
http://theoatmeal.com/blog/obama_meeting
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

this is pretty hilarious...
http://theoatmeal.com/blog/obama_meeting

That was perty good, you ought to put that on the later thread.
post #56 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

The National Enquirer is pure scum. I saw those pictures and while they may be real, it is retarded for them to have a doctor predict how much longer he has, just based on looking at the pictures. It wasn't that long ago that the National Enquirer printed that Michael Douglas only had a few months to live. They couldn't have been more wrong. A rapist has as much right to feel proud of their profession as the people working for that crappy tabloid do. Both are pure scum.

Many thanks to your description! It's helpful to me.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Steve Jobs reported in attendance in meeting with Obama