or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple to celebrate Steve Jobs' birthday with release of new MacBook Pros

Apple to celebrate Steve Jobs' birthday with release of new MacBook Pros - Page 2

post #41 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Damn will you shut up. Every thread I come into your like a whining little school girl.

I was waiting for you to show up too! Thanks for revealing yourself.

Now, there are exactly three losers left that are waiting to show up..... c'mon, c'mon.....

PS: Learn the basics of the language while you languish over my post or before you post the next time... it's "you're"...
post #42 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

You're full of crap. Then again you've never worked for the guy and his companies, plural.

I have twice. He's a perfectionist and drives that from top to bottom, but values even the lowly receptionist like no other company I've ever seen.

He was paying a high school senior back in '96 $20/hr to answer the phone at the front receptionist spot, while at NeXT. That girl coveted that job.

He will never be called a tight wad, by his staff. The man pays exceptionally well and expects quality in return.

You don't like it then go work for Microsoft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Bite me dickweed.

lamewing is lame.
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
"We're Apple. We don't wear suits. We don't even own suits."
post #43 of 94
A firm and resounding "my goodness!" toward all who hate on a person that they have never met -- because they've heard stories that he's "self-centered" or "narcissistic" or "very strange to say the least" (f*-ing seriously?), and running with it. Or even worse, taking an apprehensive stance because he's rich and successful, and openly assuming that this makes somebody a personal or moral threat.

"How dare this person who helps to create such shiny and useful things that have such a positive cultural impact strike me as narcissistic! Let me express my distaste for these negative personality traits that I've projected onto someone who I've never met but is perceptively more powerful than myself so that I may feel _________"

Take a moment to introspect and fill in the blank.

I know that this honestly shouldn't be bothering me, and in all this is just people dicking around on a message board, but I honestly find such spiteful talk just appalling and perplexing.
post #44 of 94
Quote:

Really? Did he come up with a cure for some awful illness when I wasn't looking or is he still just a CEO of a tech company?

Dude get a life.

Matter of fact, clownboy, the company Jobs started has just founded a $2 billion hospital.

I'll take his "issues" over your worthless whining any old day. And I'll take my life, thanks, over whatever it is you're clinging to.
post #45 of 94
Of course, this is tragic, in that rumor has it this will be the last b-day for Jobs. How very, very sad. I enjoyed Apple products for decades now, since the 80's. I simply don't believe that Apple will be the same without him. I hope for the best, but let's face it.

Anyhow, given that this is likely his last b-day, I expect that the upgrades to the MBP should be spectacular - that's the least they can do for such a great man. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us!
post #46 of 94
There is some serious drama happening on these threads.

I've been coming to this site for years but just recently started reading the comments (=free entertainment.)

On another note: I want the iPad 2 to be his "one more thing," and whatever happened to iWork '11?
17" iMac G4 1.25/2/0.08 | 15" uMBP C2D 2.4/4/1 | iPhone 3G/0.008 | iPad 2 3G/0.064
17" iMac G4 1.25/2/0.08 | 15" uMBP C2D 2.4/4/1 | iPhone 3G/0.008 | iPad 2 3G/0.064
post #47 of 94
That is sweet and symbolic.

I'm not much of a SJ fan (nor any other CEO out there, to be honest) but I do wish him all the best and hope he will lead Apple for decades to come.
post #48 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by poke View Post

He likes to micromanage, but that's hardly a crime.

Heck if some of these other CEOs micromanaged a little perhaps their companies could be higher in the ranks.
post #49 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingmunki View Post

There is some serious drama happening on these threads.

I've been coming to this site for years but just recently started reading the comments (=free entertainment.)

On another note: I want the iPad 2 to be his "one more thing," and whatever happened to iWork '11?

The trolling indian is out in full force tonight-- Hard to ignore

On topic-- Dont think the ipad 2 will be involved but soon we'll see

Really looking forward to the new instant on line of pros -- been waiting for these if for nothing more than to advance the tech across the board.
post #50 of 94
PMZ: You re real IDIOT!!
post #51 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The trolling indian is out in full force tonight...

Is that meant to be an ethnic slur, Boogerman2000?

Just askin'....
post #52 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogerman2000 View Post

The trolling indian is out in full force tonight-- Hard to ignore

On topic-- Dont think the ipad 2 will be involved but soon we'll see

Really looking forward to the new instant on line of pros -- been waiting for these if for nothing more than to advance the tech across the board.

Can we leave out the slurs that point to a race or country, not required and not necessary.
post #53 of 94
Quote:

You're full of crap. Then again you've never worked for the guy and his companies, plural.

I have twice. He's a perfectionist and drives that from top to bottom, but values even the lowly receptionist like no other company I've ever seen.

He was paying a high school senior back in '96 $20/hr to answer the phone at the front receptionist spot, while at NeXT. That girl coveted that job.

He will never be called a tight wad, by his staff. The man pays exceptionally well and expects quality in return.

Thanks for your input, I'm glad to know this.
post #54 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Day Breakfast View Post

The secrecy and early wrapped shipments with do not open portend a bit more than a speed bump with a sandy bridge processor. SJ's birthday aside, he did mention at the unveiling of the "airs" that the "airs" were the future in notebooks. C'mon Apple, do something impressive.

Well, I can guarantee you this: the new MacBook Pros will impress some, disappoint others. There will be praise and complaints. People will buy them and get actual work done with them, while others will wait for MacBook Pros to come with USB 3, Light Peak, or whatever.
post #55 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Stop replying to losers. In case you are having a tough time figuring out, here the list:

I asked about an event not about steve job's health. Read the freaking comment before insulting people.

Here is the original comment BTW

Originally Posted by sheff
Will there be an event, or is this going to be a "silent" upgrade?
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #56 of 94
Quote:

I was hoping you would respond since you are one of the very few here who has actually worked for the man.

I'd make two other observations:
  • Small egos rarely accomplish big things
  • Too often, an acute sense of purpose is mistaken as a sense of self-importance
post #57 of 94
I just hope , He will be healthy, Happy and around for as long as any of us .

All of you haters , Just think how much more boring your life would have been without Steve and Apple. What did you have to talk about then ?, Your wonderful Dell or HP nothing , Cold Piece of crap.

As far as New MacBook Pro , My 4 years old MacBook pro is going to my father as soon as I get my hand on a new one this month.

Happy Birthday Steve....
post #58 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamewing View Post

Can you prove that statement? No matter what he has accomplished Jobs is a highly narcissistic person with excessive control issues. Wait until his birthday to release new products...oh my!

Bro don't GLOAT, you wish you accoplished a fraction of what that dude did And damn, have a little respect for the man. Love or hate Apple, this is someones husband and father! BAD KARMA FOR YOU!!!!
post #59 of 94
The comments on this article are an embarrassment to the forums. It's like reading 5 preteens hurl abuse at each other in the YouTube comments of a Rihanna video.

IF the coincidence of the MbP refresh and Steve Jobs' birthday is deliberate (if it's even accurate!) then I am sure it wasn't Steve Jobs' idea. Why would he wait 34 years to start releasing Apple products on his birthday? It might just be a nice tip of the hat from his colleagues given his poor health at the moment. Who knows?

All I care about is what these new things will be like, and that SJ's health improves. I don't know him, I haven't worked for him, but I admire what he has done and continues to do and I benefit from his perspicacity every time I use my Mac. Stop the squabbling.
post #60 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Can't wait, but it also gives an indication of how big the guy's ego is.

No. The very existence of Apple, Inc. and its continued success is a direct result of how big the guy's ego is.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #61 of 94
Quote:

Really? Did he come up with a cure for some awful illness when I wasn't looking or is he still just a CEO of a tech company?

Dude get a life.

dude, if you get that awful disease first, i would bet that steve might be able to find a cure for you.

everything steve does is known by millions of people. yet, he has done it remarkably to show that the perfection is sometimes a sweetener. he has worked his life to perfect a dumb computer to mass populace. because of his persistence, normal people like you and me can enjoy the computer revolution in front of us. in his normal life, he might be an asshole, but does it matter too much?

yes, he never invented a cure any a terminal disease. but his effort to promote compute to mass populace would cause a smart kid to be a super dude to help human being to cure many diseases.
post #62 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Can't wait, but it also gives an indication of how big the guy's ego is.

Dude did you read the article are do you just TROLL to the comments? Last year on his birthday Apple celebrated 10 Billion iTunes downloads and not a word of Steve's B-Day. This year the dude is out fighting for his life and the COMPANY would like to celebrate possible on his B-Day. The man is pretty private and never hear him bragging. The man is just tuned into running his company. You thinking about that other idiot Steve. Steve B.!
post #63 of 94
Quote:

YOU'RE beyond pathetic.

Good thing there is a computer for you to hide behind. This way you can call people losers and not lose any teeth in the process. I am sure you are not a brave in person.

Grow up and try and act like an adult which would include not typing something you wouldn't dare say to someone face to face.

Calling the kettle black are you
post #64 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by poke View Post

This is the perfect opportunity for someone to explain to me why Jobs is considered such a bad person. The guy is one of the more low-key billionaires in the world. He likes to micromanage, but that's hardly a crime. By all accounts he appears to be intensely private and family-oriented, which doesn't point to a big ego. What did he ever do that's so, so bad?

Apparently, he's successful and he doesn't apologize for it, which is more than some people here can stand

We all know what Apple without Steve Jobs looks like. It will slowly be mismanaged to death, products will take too long to reach market and underperform or under-deliver or never reach market (Taligent, Copland), and the company will go chasing Microsoft's business model like they were the Second Coming instead of focusing on what makes Apple unique.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #65 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by anakin1992 View Post

dude, if you get that awful disease first, i would bet that steve might be able to find a cure for you.

everything steve does is known by millions of people. yet, he has done it remarkably to show that the perfection is sometimes a sweetener. he has worked his life to perfect a dumb computer to mass populace. because of his persistence, normal people like you and me can enjoy the computer revolution in front of us. in his normal life, he might be an asshole, but does it matter too much?

yes, he never invented a cure any a terminal disease. but his effort to promote compute to mass populace would cause a smart kid to be a super dude to help human being to cure many diseases.

And not to mention, in the process he has helped make a lot for money for a lot of people, directly and indirectly. Shareholders, developers....tens of thousands of people. A $17,000 (4000 shares) investment in Apple 13 years ago has made me a millionaire+ today.....and I've even unloaded 1000 shares along the way.

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

post #66 of 94
I mean this is the upmost respect and sincerity when I say that I think it's awesome and a little inspiring to learn that there's a millionaire in New Jersey who calls himself Dickprinter.
post #67 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post

I mean this is the upmost respect and sincerity when I say that I think it's awesome and a little inspiring to learn that there's a millionaire in New Jersey who calls himself Dickprinter.

Why, thank you. I'm just a small retail/B2B printer dude (named Richard) that has used Macs since the day I opened shop back in '89. I've always believed in the Mac and when Steve took the helm again, I saw it as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor. Some call me lucky, and in some ways I am, but I believed in Apple and Steve Jobs. My dad always told me to invest in companies I believed in. After I saw what he was doing with Pixar, I knew nothing but good could come of Apple once he was on board again. Man, am I a believer!

I guess I should give credit where credit is due.....THANK YOU MR. JOBS and get well soon! C'monnnnn $400!!!!

And thank you for the mention of respect and sincerity.....something rarely found on this board, sad to say.
RIght back atcha, Undecided!

post #68 of 94
They're doing it to let Steve know they're thinking of him during his absence?

I like my iPad but nothing beats the combination of a Macbook Pro and an iPhone. The release of these new Air-influenced MBPs is something for Apple and Steve to be proud of.
post #69 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

They're doing it to let Steve know they're thinking of him during his absence?

Hes only absent on campus. Hes still acting CEO and working remotely so I assume that any release this week had his final say.
post #70 of 94
Apple has never made Steve's birthday a selling point for consumers or tied any product introductions or promotions based on his birthday either. They should celebrate it internally and accept the messages of well-wishers, but it should never be tied to product releases.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #71 of 94
Lets continue fighting over rumors. Its good for the hit count...
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
post #72 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonamac View Post

The comments on this article are an embarrassment to the forums. It's like reading 5 preteens hurl abuse at each other in the YouTube comments of a Rihanna video.

IF the coincidence of the MbP refresh and Steve Jobs' birthday is deliberate (if it's even accurate!) then I am sure it wasn't Steve Jobs' idea. Why would he wait 34 years to start releasing Apple products on his birthday? It might just be a nice tip of the hat from his colleagues given his poor health at the moment. Who knows?

All I care about is what these new things will be like, and that SJ's health improves. I don't know him, I haven't worked for him, but I admire what he has done and continues to do and I benefit from his perspicacity every time I use my Mac. Stop the squabbling.

Agree 100%. Very well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Apparently, he's successful and he doesn't apologize for it, which is more than some people here can stand

We all know what Apple without Steve Jobs looks like. ...

Amen to that. I thought my crash-prone PowerBook 5300 might be the last Apple product I'd ever own, but then Steve Jobs came back in '97 and the rest is history.
post #73 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsk173 View Post

Agree 100%. Very well said.

Amen to that. I thought my crash-prone PowerBook 5300 might be the last Apple product I'd ever own, but then Steve Jobs came back in '97 and the rest is history.

This is the first time I have come to AI and felt as if I had stumbled on to a liberal Grade 3 blog.
post #74 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undecided View Post

I second that emotion!

Whatever his faults may be, Steve Jobs runs a tight ship and is irreplaceable.
post #75 of 94
Quote:

plenty of his staff do not seem to enjoy the money or the conditions. how many times has the crapplestore blog been taken down by apple...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
Household: MacBook, iPad 16gb wifi, iPad 64gb wifi, iPad Mini 32gb, coming iPhone 5S, iPhone 4S 32gb, iPhone 32gb, iPod Touch 4th gen x1, iPod nano 16gb gen 5 x2, iPod nano gen 3 8gb, iPod classic...
post #76 of 94
I think of Steve as the Terry Gilliam of Silicon Valley. Brilliant visionary, but probably hell to work for. The unauthorized biography "iCon" was an interesting and entertaining read. I got the impression from the book and the thousands of articles I've read over the years that Steve is not very self-aware, and hence, not very empathetic. He knows what's "right", so you should too! One major difference between Terry Gilliam and Steve Jobs, is Terry Gilliam knows he's difficult to work for, and has a sense of humor about himself. I don't think Steve is that introspective or has that sense of irony. If you don't "get it", then there's something wrong with YOU, as far as Steve's concerned. He's not intentionally cruel. He just lacks the empathy gene.

But, it's that force of will, that single-mindedness that brought Apple back from the abyss, to the top of the silicon heap, if you will. I can admire Steve from a distance, but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't like him very much close up.

His recent medical issues are probably an unpleasant reminder to Steve that even he is still human. I just had surgery last week and am looking at a long month of recovery. Nothing like a bunch of doctors slicing into you to make you think of your own mortality. I wish Steve well.
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
post #77 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by djames4242 View Post

New models out right when I'm in the market sounds more like happy birthday to me than happy birthday to Steve...

I second that . I wonder if the new MBP's are made using LiquidMetal.
And I'm not going to congratulate Steve before his birthday! Y'all seem to think he won't make it
Oh and by the way, nice ranting going on here. You're all very friendly people . /me sits back and grabs the popcorn.
post #78 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

I wouldn’t bother. Jobs very well be narcissistic and a bunch of pejorative psychological designation but lamewing’s rants are all his own shortcomings when looking at those that exceed his feeble nature.

The Mac OS X’s dictionary states, self-centeredness arising from failure to distinguish the self from external objects, either in very young babies or as a feature of mental disorder.”

Sounds to me like lamewing is the narcissistic one and this is all sour grapes. Funny thing is I bet lamewing would suckle Jobs’ grapes if he ever had the chance.

Please don't push your latent homosexual fantasies on me. Thank you.
post #79 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by sennen View Post

lamewing is lame.

Really? Really?
post #80 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplaisance View Post

Bro don't GLOAT, you wish you accoplished a fraction of what that dude did And damn, have a little respect for the man. Love or hate Apple, this is someones husband and father! BAD KARMA FOR YOU!!!!

I don't believe in Karma or any other religious nonsense. Why should I have any more respect for the guy than any other human being? Why does he merit such semi-religious fervor with some Apple fanatics? I have been using Apple products since my first IIc, but I have never felt that Jobs was the equivalent of the second coming. And no, I am not worried about accomplishing as much as Jobs, I am happy with my lot in life.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple to celebrate Steve Jobs' birthday with release of new MacBook Pros