or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › How to edit the Quick Look slideshow behavior with Terminal ?

How to edit the Quick Look slideshow behavior with Terminal ?

post #1 of 7
Under SL, it's easy to setup a nice fullscreen slideshow of files using option-spacebar on the files. This brings Quick Look to do the slideshow. However, the slideshow automatically begins after few seconds and I have to stop it each time to take control of it. This is annoying and I want to change it permanently. I know there's a Terminal command to stop this default behavior, but I can't find it anywhere. Someone here know what the Terminal command is ?

Mac mini 2.53 GHz, 4 GB, NVidia's 9400M.
13" MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz, 8 GB, NVidia's 320M.
OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #2 of 7
+1.... pretty please!
post #3 of 7
This page seems to have some info:

http://www.macworld.com/article/4911...spanelset.html

Remember to keep a copy of any files you change.
post #4 of 7
Thanks Marvin.

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

This page seems to have some info:

http://www.macworld.com/article/4911...spanelset.html

Remember to keep a copy of any files you change.

Thank you Marvin. Perhaps the OP's interest was precisely this. I am interested in "slowing" the show down! Something like the settings on media players, Sideshow Timing, the time each slide is allowed to be seen. Unless I have misread the article is is concerned with transport control panel visibility. Perhaps posting over at MacWorld will yield some results for getting a setting for "slideshow.slide.timing" or something 'er other. I am new to the Mac OS and will probe a bit to see if such a setting exist. I am certainly fearless when it comes to going under the hood. Did you find one Kali?

Thx again! - td
post #6 of 7
Actually, this article doesn't answer my query about stoping the automatic slideshow display.
I know there's a Terminal command which turns OFF the default behavior of the slideshow (the pictures are changing after few seconds). I prefer to have a static pictures display, with the slideshow option at the OFF state by default, instead of having to click on the "stop" button each time I trigger QuickLook on several pictures.

I want to change the pictures myself by clicking the arrows, or the "play" button, instead of having to click the "stop" button at first.

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post

Actually, this article doesn't answer my query about stoping the automatic slideshow display.
I know there's a Terminal command which turns OFF the default behavior of the slideshow (the pictures are changing after few seconds). I prefer to have a static pictures display, with the slideshow option at the OFF state by default, instead of having to click on the "stop" button each time I trigger QuickLook on several pictures.

I want to change the pictures myself by clicking the arrows, or the "play" button, instead of having to click the "stop" button at first.

Kali - I understand your request (SS advance OFF by default) and will keep that in mind as I look into my "SL SS Wish List".
Should I find a solution I will post it here. Thx - td
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › How to edit the Quick Look slideshow behavior with Terminal ?