or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Connecting powerbook g4 17' to 42' lg tv

Connecting powerbook g4 17' to 42' lg tv

post #1 of 3
Hey,

I have a 17'' powerbook G4 1.33GHz running osx 10.5.8 and have an LG 42'' tv which i need to connect the mac to.

What i have is a DVI - VGA connector that came with mac and i also just bought a VGA - HDMI cable
all of which i have connect.

I have went to the system pref's and in displays i have ticked the mirroring. I have the HDMI cable in the right port at the back of the tv. Nothing is happening my tv says no signal.

What am i doing wrong?

Do i need a different cable?

Do i need a converter?

What is the easiest way to get this working!

Thanks in advance

J...
post #2 of 3
Some TVs don't accept computer signals over HDMI. It will let you know in the TV manual what is supported. Some TVs come with a VGA connection for hooking up a PC and the manual will say what resolutions are supported. You can try DVI - HDMI but as I say, check what your TV supports first.
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS835419 View Post

Hey,

I have a 17'' powerbook G4 1.33GHz running osx 10.5.8 and have an LG 42'' tv which i need to connect the mac to.

What i have is a DVI - VGA connector that came with mac and i also just bought a VGA - HDMI cable
all of which i have connect.

I have went to the system pref's and in displays i have ticked the mirroring. I have the HDMI cable in the right port at the back of the tv. Nothing is happening my tv says no signal.

What am i doing wrong?

Do i need a different cable?

Do i need a converter?

What is the easiest way to get this working!

Thanks in advance

J...

Easiest way? Get a VGA cable. Most modern TVs have a VGA connector. Yours likely does to. Set the import on the TV to RGB. You will be good to go.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Connecting powerbook g4 17' to 42' lg tv