or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple will reportedly= hold iPad 2 event on March 2
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple will reportedly= hold iPad 2 event on March 2 - Page 2

post #41 of 57
what are the odds of it having a single core processer? because that would really suck
post #42 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

More like claims that he has told at most six months left to live.

Plus the subscription stuff and claims that Kindle etc are jumping ship. And Apple is going to get in trouble for antitrust. And so on.

I think the constant negative press on Apple's revenue share for content and products that it does not deliver plus today's announcement regarding ACN are taking their toll. It appears to many that Apple is not a reliable partner and they are reacting to that uncertainty. Throw in some short sellers and you have the current stock price.
post #43 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakloyd View Post

what are the odds of it having a single core processer? because that would really suck

Extremely low. Why choose this as your first comment?
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
The key to enjoying these forums: User CP -> Edit Ignore List
Reply
post #44 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

Extremely low. Why choose this as your first comment?

well, because I've heard that rumor about the enhanced A4 that the iPad2 may have, and I'm sorta worried since then

is there really a specific kind of comments to start with in a forum ?
post #45 of 57
I agree. The MacBook Pro could even appear tomorrow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenclaw View Post

My best guess:

1. Apple won't have a special event for the MacBook Pro refreshes. They'll just appear on the website one day.

2. The special event will be for iPad 2 with significant enhancements. The kicker: They'll be available immediately.
post #46 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

Meh, nobody cares. Who wants to sit around with a pad that can only view some web pages and run fart apps.
Now the Playbook... There is an exciting product launch. Can view ALL web pages, will have magazine subscriptions (unlike the iPad). Will have awesome apps like skype and Netflix (unlike the iPad)... Will be able to tether and create hot spots (unlike the iPad)... Think outside the box, do whatever whenever and let your wildest dreams come true.

Probably why Apple's stock is sinking like a stone right now.

Ha - troll post of the week.

Seriously thou - how long is Apple going to play castle? They are losing momentum and the PR war. Makes you wonder who will take the next big bite out of their logo?

so they sold 15 MILLION iPads in calendar year 2010 and your saying what??? how many playbooks have sold?? and Samunk Galawacky sold?? dude get your HEAD OUTTA ur ASS quick before you start swalling your own DUNg...
post #47 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

Someone had to step in for melgross, or this forum would be nothing more then a bunch of parasites agreeing that Apple is perfect, everything they do is perfect, they are incapable of not being perfect, all competition is flawed, all competition will be DOA, all competition is run by morons. - then have the gull to call out anyone who disagrees a 'troll'.

Sorry, but someone has to interrupt the 'feel good affirmation' of the shareholders standing around congratulating each other like they had something to do with Apple's success - and inject a tiny bit of common sense into the cult... or we would have no fun at all.

If anything, I'm saving the forum from being undeniably called the dreaded F.B. term. In fact, I might even be considered a hero for my clever and well spoken insight.
Yes, this forum needs a martyr from time to time.



... and for those of you who read this far and STILL don't 'get it', well, you probably never will.

I think I have more years, and more experience with Apple and Apple products than you do and I think you will be making a mistake if you retire "rain" because "rain" is your *real* personality AFAICS.

Everything you say is jaded, slanted and full of bile. "rain" comes across as old, cranky and close-minded.

You also talk a lot about stereotypical Apple lovers who you believe to be biased and think the company can do no wrong, when I don't see any evidence that any of the many regular contributors here are like that at all. On the other hand, "rain" seems to be almost a walking cliche of the type of old geezer Apple-user pining for the old days when Apple was "special" (because only you knew about it).

IMO only a fool buys into all that conspiracy theory crap about Apple being "evil" or "controlling" that's making the rounds lately.
post #48 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Just read an Andy Zaky article on Bullish Cross, which explains the selloff.

I went to Bullish Cross and only saw the Apple Q1 story. Could you post the link, please? I'm interested in reading it.

Thanks

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Reply

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Reply
post #49 of 57
So a year after the first model, the second one will be released.

Took a genius to see that one coming.

Ffs.
post #50 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakloyd View Post

well, because I've heard that rumor about the enhanced A4 that the iPad2 may have, and I'm sorta worried since then

is there really a specific kind of comments to start with in a forum ?

Where did you hear that?

All major manufacturers are producing dual-core tablets this year, there's no way Apple would produce 1 without it. Ram might be another story, Apple might use 512MB because iOS is a lot more efficient than Android/Win7 and so iPad won't need a lot of ram.
post #51 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porchland View Post

Why would Apple -- which has iPhone, iPod touch and iPad that all run iOS and all do many things, including playing games -- come out with a 5- or 6-inch pad that only plays games?

I think its going to do more than that... But imo they are doing a specific pad for it because of 3DS. I got to assume its going to be better at playing games then an ipod or ipad who are multi-purpose devices.
post #52 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

Where did you hear that?

All major manufacturers are producing dual-core tablets this year, there's no way Apple would produce 1 without it. Ram might be another story, Apple might use 512MB because iOS is a lot more efficient than Android/Win7 and so iPad won't need a lot of ram.

here .
post #53 of 57
God I hope this isn't another rumor.
post #54 of 57
The mojo is gone?

Before the iPhone no other phone looked or functioned exactly like the iPhone. After the iPhone, every phone in some way looks or functions like the iPhone.

In 2009 roughly 1.5 million tablets were sold. In 2010 17 million tablets were sold, 15 million of those are iPads. In 2011 roughly 50 - 60 million tablets are expected to be sold. Igniting an entirely new product category that barely existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

Today, that mojo is all but gone. They no longer care about the ideal - just getting 30% of whatever it may be.
post #55 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rain View Post

Meh, nobody cares. Who wants to sit around with a pad that can only view some web pages and run fart apps.
Now the Playbook... There is an exciting product launch. Can view ALL web pages, will have magazine subscriptions (unlike the iPad). Will have awesome apps like skype and Netflix (unlike the iPad)... Will be able to tether and create hot spots (unlike the iPad)... Think outside the box, do whatever whenever and let your wildest dreams come true.

Probably why Apple's stock is sinking like a stone right now.

Ha - troll post of the week.

Seriously thou - how long is Apple going to play castle? They are losing momentum and the PR war. Makes you wonder who will take the next big bite out of their logo?

Now the iPad can view all websites. The only thing it cant view is flash. The iPad apps are amazing apps! I don't see how you could even compare the ios Apps the the BBW apps! The next gen well most likely have a front faceing camera so it can do skype! The iPad has had netflix sense it first launched. With the next update to the ipad it could hace a mobile hot spot feature. At least with the 3g one. Apple has revolutionized The world of mobile products and computers. Apple well "play castle" for is long as they keep doing what they are doing! Trust me this is comeing from a guy that hated Apple a few years ago!
post #56 of 57
"MobileMe is now free for one year with purchase of all Apple portables… iPad, MacBooks, iPod touch and iPhone.
And after the first year, we drop the "regular" price to $29 a year.
Here's the kicker… This includes streaming of all iTunes purchases."

(this offer excludes users north of the border with a name the same as water falling from the sky)
post #57 of 57
duplicate
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple will reportedly= hold iPad 2 event on March 2