or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Survey finds consumers believe Apple is bigger than its CEO, Steve Jobs

Survey finds consumers believe Apple is bigger than its CEO, Steve Jobs - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouragan View Post

Most people have no idea and no interest in knowing who is the Chief Executive Officer and President of Apple inc., just as they don't know who leads big companies like K-Mart, General Motors, Cisco, etc.

Only the delusional fans of Apple inc. ever believed that every good idea and invention originated from the mind of Steve Jobs, a high school graduate who was in the habit of saying that he didn't want to talk to or hire any employee who had not experienced LSD, the psychotropic drug Steve Jobs used in his twenties and which is now blamed for his pancreatic cancer.

<snip>

While I agree with some of what you say, your constant obsession with Jobs' lack of a college degree (you have previously referred to him as a "college dropout") is just a bunch of blather. You give little to no credit to his innate skills which have served him better than many an MBA's.
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRulez View Post

On the contrary, Steve's been a long-term, multi-phase planner, and I suspect there are at least three years' worth of Steve-inspired mandates we haven't seen yet.

But what happens after that?

Beyond three years or so, I suspect you may then be right. Those who undervalue the role Jobs plays at Apple will be disappointed. Steve Jobs is Apple; Apple is Steve Jobs.

Apple is Steve Job"s child. He has it prepared to move on into the future without him. He can not be replaced. He will not be replaced except the acting CEO will be made permanent CEO.
I would bet that Tm Cook wishes he NEVER becomes permanent CEO and that Steve lives forever.
Any takers?

Harvey
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Survey finds consumers believe Apple is bigger than its CEO, Steve Jobs