Originally Posted by wizard69
Seriously you either need the MBA or you don't. If you don't - wait; not for Lion by the way but for what should be an excellent performance update. That is if Apple goes with this round of chips from Intel, they might wait for something different.
This whole question is strange because it is far to early to even guess about the next AIR.
I understand that, but what I'm saying is that if the next one has a Lion pre-install I'd probably wait to get that one, to save myself having to buy the hardware and then to buy the OS later on.
If Lion isn't to be released until October then I may as well buy a MBA now, and save myself trying to use an iPad as a laptop replacement as I am doing so now.