or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Mail on iMac not getting incoming Mail

Mail on iMac not getting incoming Mail

post #1 of 2
On my mobileme account Email comes in to Mail on my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, but not on my iMac. I can send mail out from the iMac, but not recieve. This started happening a few days ago. I recently had the hard drive replaced on the iMac and did a Restore from Time Machine. Don't know if this behavior started right after that, or a few days after.

Anyone know what setting I need to look at on the iMac, Mail etc? Thanks!
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundhound View Post

On my mobileme account Email comes in to Mail on my Macbook Pro and my iPhone, but not on my iMac. I can send mail out from the iMac, but not recieve. This started happening a few days ago. I recently had the hard drive replaced on the iMac and did a Restore from Time Machine. Don't know if this behavior started right after that, or a few days after.

Anyone know what setting I need to look at on the iMac, Mail etc? Thanks!

On one of the machines that does work go to Mail> prefs>accounts and take note of the a/c port settings for pop.3 or whatever you're using - make sure you know your password etc. You may have to reenter all that on the iMac.
Likely the port setting is wonked - I've had that happen before.
cheers
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Mail on iMac not getting incoming Mail