or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week - Page 3

post #81 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Ooh la la.

We have a snob in our midst!

There are always douche bags like that talking sh**!
Real talk, Apple has created a paradigm shift in the tech world with the iapd. They even jeopardized their own business model by selling a device(ipad) that does away with all the bloat. I know the pc boys will continue to get burnt by these tablets. MS has to answer because like everyone else they are a public company. Fill in the blanks. Take your time, you'll be a while.
post #82 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Grown ups create things, they don't spend all day consuming content and playing games.

Tell that to all the bored call center workers out there who use their iPhones or Blackberries to go to Facebook because corporately they are blocked. Not every adult is a creater, nor is every child a gamer.

I would also bet that the largest consumer of casual gaming is in fact adults and not children.


Cheers,
A
post #83 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I have an iPad, I work for IBM. While I love my iPad make no mistake its a toy. Ther isn't any critical work I do at my job that can be done on my iPad. There is nothing wrong with a product being for pleasure.

You've made some good posts in the past, but you missed the mark on this. You are a sample size of one. Why do you feel the need to name-drop your employer? To lend some exalted credibility to your comment? What kind of job do you have that you are unable to find at least one iPad application that would be an ideal alternative for improving your productivity?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Reply
post #84 of 121
If I understand this article correctly there will be more AT&T units than Verizon units manufactured.


Just wondering why this is and why does apple thing that AT&T will be more popular.

Any idea how the pricing on the plan will compare, which one is better and will be the better purchase in the long run.
post #85 of 121
My reading was that it would be for AT&T AND Europe - But could be wrong on that (wounnt be that unusual )
post #86 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Thank you. I wonder how many people here who insist the iPad is a professional tool have actually tried to get work done on one. I grant there could be a few niches (such as education) but to call it a professional tool *in general* would be grossly misleading. In general it's a media consumption/light gaming device (which to any serious person means a toy).

I'm a UNIX Administrator. I use my iPad at work and at home via a VPN connection to do the following.

- notes at meetings
- work email
- keep track of my work and update others via our web based ticketing system
- technical documentation repository
- access the internet for research of work related issues/tasks
- allocate disk storage for servers using the Hitachi Device Manager web interface for our Enterprise arrays.
- build out IBM server partition profiles using IBM's Harware Management Console Interface
- perform UNIX administration tasks using iSSH
- administer our Electronic Medical Records application using the Citrix Receiver application
- time management and to do lists
- technology related podcasts
- college courses via iTunes U
- dictionary/thesaurus
- calculator


For my personal life I also use it to

- trade stocks
- bank
- keep track of my family activities
- buy and sell items
post #87 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I have an iPad, I work for IBM. While I love my iPad make no mistake its a toy. Ther isn't any critical work I do at my job that can be done on my iPad. There is nothing wrong with a product being for pleasure.

There are two potential working relationships between the iPad and its user:

you either use it to its full potential and it rewards you with increased productivity (of which I bear witness),

or you make fun of it ...and the joke's mostly on you (on whom the pleasure seems to hold laughingly true)...!
post #88 of 121
This would make sense. Last time, they announced in January, and released in April. They could afford to do it because no one else had any other tablets on sale, and the announcement didn't cannibalize any of Apple's other products.

This time around, there are some competing products, as well as cannibalization of Apple's iPad 1 sales. Even if there was a 1 month delay between announcement and availability, the quarterly financials will take a hit.
15" mbp | iPad2 32gb | Nexus S | mobile-pixels
Reply
15" mbp | iPad2 32gb | Nexus S | mobile-pixels
Reply
post #89 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by benalexe View Post

If I understand this article correctly there will be more AT&T units than Verizon units manufactured.


Just wondering why this is and why does apple thing that AT&T will be more popular.

Any idea how the pricing on the plan will compare, which one is better and will be the better purchase in the long run.


Not AT&T unit, it's GSM unit. And it's not Verizon units, but CDMA units.

There will be less CDMA units because CDMA is a much less prevalent technology compared to GSM.
post #90 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Grown ups create things, they don't spend all day consuming content and playing games. Since the iPad is primarily designed for the later, it is not for adults and therefore a toy.

Certainly at the big family get-together at Christmas, while the kids/teenagers were glued to their Touches and iPads, with the exception of one woman, all the other adults had laptops and BlackBerries.

ascii .. It should come as no surprise to you that I will label you as an anti-apple troll ... just a brief look at your previous postings is all thats necessary to establish that fact .... hell, for all I know you may even be a professional troll .... or not. It makes no difference. Ill just make two points here:

One: The big problem with all AATs ..(anti-apple trolls) .. is that, in order to justify their existence on these boards, they feel its necessary to find the bad side with every Apple story ..... and the sad truth, for them, is that in the vast majority of Apple stories ..... there just isnt a bad side ... or at least not one that is major enough to warrant a rant or two. So what happens is, in their desire to find something, anything, bad to say, where none exists they wind up, as you so often do, saying something really dumb. If you waited until there was a real problem in the story before you felt the need to post something .... you would probably improve your perceived intelligence level immensely ..... but unfortunately, I doubt you will.

Two: While it might be appropriate for you or I to say that the majority of iPad owners use their device to play games .... that is a reflection of the owners, not the device itself. In our household there are two iMacs and 1 PC. Two of those, one iMac and the PC, are used almost exclusively for email, WoW, Facebook or reading newspapers and Appleinsider. Does that make them toys? ..... of course not, just that that is what we use them for. The ability of any of those computers far exceeds what we use them for. Please stop making the arrogant assumption that what applies to you .... also applies to the rest of us. It doesn't.
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
Apple is not Appl ...... Please learn the difference!    
Reply
post #91 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Sorry I'm just reading this different, have to disagree about TB, ignoring the political gibberish that he added, his response to the original op didn't seem to jive. IMO light peak is more for highend uses and fast large file transfer(think hd movies)

For everyday uses(the original ops issue), like making presentations, airplay, wifi etc is much preferred. Yes it's not every where... Yet. Wires is so 'computing' yesterday.

Not yet it's not.

If you only have a single machine, fine. But as soon as you have multiple computers on your network, use a home media server, or have a family where you're sharing lots of stuff, wireless is still way too damn slow. Ever try using your iPhoto library over WiFi? Ugh, it sucks. Want to move a couple gig of video clips or photos from your desktop to laptop? It's actually less painful to go find an ethernet cable, link the machines together, change their networks, transfer the files, then reverse the process. Otherwise you'll be sitting there waiting forever.

Maybe some day we can live totally wireless, but only if/when wireless speeds start outgrowing our data usage needs. And files just keep getting bigger and bigger, so I'm not optimistic in the near to mid-term.
No Matte == No Sale :-(
Reply
No Matte == No Sale :-(
Reply
post #92 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Well, your response proved everyone elses... You're hilarious, keep posting, its a nice break from the serious posts.

It is pretty funny. It is hard to believe anyone is that willfully ignorant, even on the Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I have an iPad, I work for IBM. While I love my iPad make no mistake its a toy. Ther isn't any critical work I do at my job that can be done on my iPad. There is nothing wrong with a product being for pleasure.

That may just be you or IBM, see below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

.

I remember the late 1950s-1960s... Mainframe computers replaced legacy accounting machines. manual accounting systems.

I remember the late 1960s-1970s... Mini computers replaced legacy mainframe computers,

I remember the late 1970s-1980s... Personal computers replaced legacy mini computers,

I remember 2010-2011... iPads replaced legacy personal computers,

We still have legacy systems as vestiges of the past -- likely, we always will.

But the center of action has shifted -- the next several years belong to the iPad (and anything that can compete).


You can, resist, joke, demean them, call them toys... that's all happened before. by those with an investment in the status quo.

It ain't gonna' matter -- you can't harness the future -- only try to to keep pace...

Who amongst us doesn't know this -- Google, Sammy. Toshiba, Moto. RIM. MSFT, HP, LG. IBM, Adobe, Autodesk, Citrix...

Apple knows, & you and I know, too...

.

Children like you are why Ascii is so riled up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Mmmm... either you or your employer are on the wrong page...

IBM Supports Enterprise iPad Adoption with Lotus Notes Traveler for iPad

http://www.readwriteweb.com/enterpri...r-for-ipad.php

Please don't confuse the conversation with facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Thank you. I wonder how many people here who insist the iPad is a professional tool have actually tried to get work done on one. I grant there could be a few niches (such as education) but to call it a professional tool *in general* would be grossly misleading. In general it's a media consumption/light gaming device (which to any serious person means a toy).

I have. On that same flight from Singapore you ignored because it disproved your kid point, I wrote a proposal and SOW on my iPad. I emailed to the client as soon as we landed. The documents were never edited on any thing but the iPad.

The client did sign the SOW, and never asked if it was made on a toy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

And have you asked yourself why those things are in the news? Because they are exceptional (i.e. not the normal) uses maybe?

Perhaps because the news editors know a lot of people are confused like you. The list of people doing real productive work on iPads is growing much faster than just what you see in the tech news.

I hate confusing trolls with the truth because it makes them mad, but what the heck.
post #93 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Ahh.. a cartoon reference. Another guy proving my point.

I was trying to be nice. I thought about calling you an insufferable pinhead, but I didn't want to insult pinheads.
post #94 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Certainly at the big family get-together at Christmas, while the kids/teenagers were glued to their Touches and iPads, with the exception of one woman, all the other adults had laptops and BlackBerries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmissimo View Post

Sounds like a rather dysfunctional bunch, all around. A big family get-together shouldn't feature family members splintered off in such a disheartening fashion, some "creating things" aka working and others isolating themselves from the rest of the group because they're too bored to spend time interacting with their clan.

No kidding. Show of hands: who would like to hang out with ascii's family next Christmas?

-crickets-

What the hell kind of a family gathering is it where everyone is glued to their computers (full-size or hand-size)? What a sad, sad family.
No Matte == No Sale :-(
Reply
No Matte == No Sale :-(
Reply
post #95 of 121
I have an iPad which I am typing on right now. ASCII and extreme like their iPads as toys, others have found some professional use for them. Most users are probably somewhere in between.

Some kids have eight core modded case win boxes capable billions of instructions yet use them only to play Warcraft. That would make it a toy.

Just because someone sees a device in a specific role doesn't mean that everyone else is using it wrong.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #96 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Grown ups create things, they don't spend all day consuming content and playing games. Since the iPad is primarily designed for the later, it is not for adults and therefore a toy.

Certainly at the big family get-together at Christmas, while the kids/teenagers were glued to their Touches and iPads, with the exception of one woman, all the other adults had laptops and BlackBerries.

Ambitious people tend to consume a great deal of information related to their field. I thought you were being sarcastic. It's an incredibly short-sighted outlook.
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Reply
Emailing video from iPhone to Apple TV , sort of..
Reply
post #97 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Look, I have an iPad and I'm not saying it's sh*t. I'm just saying it is what it is, and if you stop imagining the possibilites for 1 second, and take a good look at what people are actually using it for, you might see my point of view.

Well, I do see your point of view (it requires overgeneralizing and selective interpretation of facts to fit your prejudices)

But what does seeing your point of view have to do with the discussion? Is that what this is all about? You want Internet strangers to agree with you?

[Edit] My father used to say that personal computers were toys (his exact words); that real computers were IBM mainframes. Now he would disagree with his previous assessment. For what it's worth.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #98 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsu View Post

Not AT&T unit, it's GSM unit. And it's not Verizon units, but CDMA units.

There will be less CDMA units because CDMA is a much less prevalent technology compared to GSM.

So would it be better to get the GSM even though the service is not as good?
post #99 of 121
Why so many 3G-capable units? Aren't they selling much much more Wifi-only ones?
post #100 of 121
ascii, may I ask how old are you? 'cause you really seem like a teenager trying to be a fully grown man
post #101 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

We wrinlkers remember having... Ah, er... What were we discussing?

OK Dick

Who are you really?
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
post #102 of 121
Sorry - made a boboo
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
post #103 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Wow. Just...wow.

You do realize Apple hasn't discontinued their macbooks, imac, mac minis, mac pros, etc etc.
Nobody is forcing you to buy the damn thing, but apparently tens of millions have, and tens of millions more will. But I guess Apple should say no to billions in sales and an insanely well received product because some angry nerds don't want a 'toy'.
You're a moron.

I wish he would elaborate about that one woman who opted out...
post #104 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Grown ups create things, they don't spend all day consuming content and playing games. Since the iPad is primarily designed for the later, it is not for adults and therefore a toy.

Certainly at the big family get-together at Christmas, while the kids/teenagers were glued to their Touches and iPads, with the exception of one woman, all the other adults had laptops and BlackBerries.

Care to elaborate on just exactly what that one exceptional woman was doing. I mean even you noticed.
post #105 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Thank you. I wonder how many people here who insist the iPad is a professional tool have actually tried to get work done on one. I grant there could be a few niches (such as education) but to call it a professional tool *in general* would be grossly misleading. In general it's a media consumption/light gaming device (which to any serious person means a toy).

I have the unshakeable impression that your voice would be exactly like Dick Cavett's. I am never wrong about these things. Well, except for the time I .....
post #106 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I have an iPad, I work for IBM (gee wiz - really - that gives you an incredible amount of credence) . While I love my iPad make no mistake its a toy - make no mistake you're wrong!. Ther isn't any critical work I do at my job that can be done on my iPad. There is nothing wrong with a product being for pleasure - OMFG what do you use it for - sounds disgusting, or is it just for porn?.

I don't have an iPad

I purchased the first Atari 2600 in Sydney circa 1975

I purchased my Apple ll in 1979

I purchased my first Mac in 1984

I purchased my 2nd MBP yesterday (17" 2.2G with SSD)

I will be purchasing my first iPad next week

You, sir, have no idea, of what you speak.

You drop-kick.
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
post #107 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Ahh.. a cartoon reference. Another guy proving my point.

Well yes, maybe,
however, you haven't made a 'point' worth proving.
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
May the Blue Bird of Happiness leave a deposit with you and yours.
Reply
post #108 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzExige View Post

Well yes, maybe,
however, you haven't made a 'point' worth proving.

In the post above you accuse extremeskater of not knowing of what he speaks, even though he owns an iPad and you don't. That is just ridiculous.

He works for a major computer firm and I've also worked in computers all my life. Why does that matter? Because what is a toy and what is not is all relative. The wider variety of devices you have experienced, the more objectively you can classify any new device that comes along.

I have seen a huge range. Right now programs of mine are running on everything from 64 CPU Sun servers to tiny Java applets, and everything in-between (including, yes, iPads). In your list of computers above, everything is a consumer device, so it is not surprising you would classify the iPad differently from people like he and I. That doesn't mean he and I are trolls.

It is my opinion that in future the iPad will continue to be used for what it is today. It is not "at the start of it's limitless potential," as many tech pundits seem to believe, rather it has quickly found the niches it is best for and already filled them.

In future schools will likely adopt them for education, but primarily younger children. Apple's focus on simplicity is why they are so useful in education, and the iPad is no exception.

Companies will likely see the iPad as a potential easy to administer thin-client (their holy grail), especially for web-based off-the-shelf and in-house apps. But the same thing will happen as always happens with the thin-client dream. Users just don't want it. They will demand Office on whatever device they are issued and the iPads will be replaced with full laptops.

So at the end of the day the iPad will have web browsing, email, media consumption, social networking, gaming and education for tots. It is not, and will not become, a serious work tool (expect by those who force themselves to use it for that even though they know a Macbook Air would work better).
post #109 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alladdinn View Post

Care to elaborate on just exactly what that one exceptional woman was doing. I mean even you noticed.

Checking email.
post #110 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

But what does seeing your point of view have to do with the discussion? Is that what this is all about? You want Internet strangers to agree with you?

Because the issue on this thread is that people are failing to grasp that two people can disagree, and both sides still be rational. This can happen when both sides think rationally but start from different sets of facts or experiences.

Instead what I see is "Hey this guy disagrees with me therefore he must be trolling or a pinhead or ignorant." Which does not follow logically. I thought if others could at least see my point of view they could realise their mistake in assuming they were the only rational one.
post #111 of 121
I own a MacBook Air 11" and an iPad. There are times and tasks for which one or the other is better suited. Suffice it to say, they are both important tools in my work life. I certainly don't force myself to use the iPad when I could go with the MBA... or vice versa.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #112 of 121
How come nobody is laughing at the "iPad" now. Remember one year ago, the guffawing was almost universal outside of the Apple orbit and not a few of those inside wondered whether Jobs had lost the plot.

I imagine that it is difficult to quarrel with 15 million having been sold!
post #113 of 121


I still think it would have been hilarious if Aron Ralston had said that into the camera in "127 Hours"...
post #114 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alladdinn View Post

Care to elaborate on just exactly what that one exceptional woman was doing. I mean even you noticed.

I assumed she was the "entertainment".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

In your list of computers above, everything is a consumer device, so it is not surprising you would classify the iPad differently from people like he and I. That doesn't mean he and I are trolls.

It is my opinion that in future the iPad will continue to be used for what it is today. It is not "at the start of it's limitless potential," as many tech pundits seem to believe, rather it has quickly found the niches it is best for and already filled them.

I agree,, it just means you are both narrow minded and short sighted. It also means you believe everyone should agree with your viewpoint. You have completely ignored the dozens of people in this thread (including me) who have posted their personal real-world professional uses of the iPad. Your selective responses show that you clearly have no interesting in acknowledging there is a viewpoint different from your own.

In your mind anything that factual disproves your statement doesn't exist.

I have written code running on everything from 200+ core IBM P-Series servers to iPhones, does this make me better than you, or some how more relevant to the discussion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Because the issue on this thread is that people are failing to grasp that two people can disagree, and both sides still be rational. This can happen when both sides think rationally but start from different sets of facts or experiences.

Instead what I see is "Hey this guy disagrees with me therefore he must be trolling or a pinhead or ignorant." Which does not follow logically. I thought if others could at least see my point of view they could realise their mistake in assuming they were the only rational one.

You are the one failing to grasp it at all. You call anyone a child who disagrees with you. Anyone who factual disproves your claims, you completely ignore. In fact every word in the section quoted above applies to you more than anyone else in the thread.
post #115 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Surprise! Your toy is ready early.

I don't know why they didn't change their name from Apple Computer Inc to Apple Toy Co, Inc.

So you understand chip design, integrated circuitry, buses, leading edge battery chemistry, aluminum construction, touch display screen technology.
Operating system architecture and full hardware and software integration.
I have a degree in chemistry and most probably have not too much trouble in understanding the battery chemistry. I guess you would also understand it because you refer to the whole product as a toy.
I love the sheer arrogance of trolls.
post #116 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I have an iPad, I work for IBM. While I love my iPad make no mistake its a toy. Ther isn't any critical work I do at my job that can be done on my iPad. There is nothing wrong with a product beingfor pleasure.

IBM ! Wow what a great company. They have DBAs that cannot even answer the simpliest Oracle questions for us. The worse company on the Planet except for google and m$.
Your post in it's stupidity only proves my point.
post #117 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wovel View Post

I agree,, it just means you are both narrow minded and short sighted. It also means you believe everyone should agree with your viewpoint. You have completely ignored the dozens of people in this thread (including me) who have posted their personal real-world professional uses of the iPad. Your selective responses show that you clearly have no interesting in acknowledging there is a viewpoint different from your own.

Even now you can't be civil. As for the counter examples, the fact is that people's personal annecdotes, and a few special interest stories from the news do not outweight the fact that 16 of the top 20 apps are games/entertainment. If I am to be objective, I have no choice but to base my conclusions on the mvast majority of examples. If you think I am wrong in my conclusion you must also disagree with most of modern physics, since even relativity does not cover 100% of examples.

Quote:
I have written code running on everything from 200+ core IBM P-Series servers to iPhones, does this make me better than you, or some how more relevant to the discussion?

There comes a point when you've seen a wide enough range of examples that more doesn't matter. I think I am already past that point, so "no."

Quote:
You are the one failing to grasp it at all. You call anyone a child who disagrees with you. Anyone who factual disproves your claims, you completely ignore. In fact every word in the section quoted above applies to you more than anyone else in the thread.

In my initial post I simply stated my technical evaluation of the iPad within my context of knowledge, I did not call anyone names. In fact you, and 5 others all called me names just for doing that.
"snob" anantksundaram in #13
"dinosaur" DocNo42 in #26
"ignorant, shortsighted, clueless" Apple II in #27
"wierd" Wovel in #28
"maroon" Sacto Joe in #29
"moron" Slurpy in #37

I then defended myself in 40, 42 and 43 with the rather mild "child" "thoroughly modern" and "proving my point." Far more civilised responses relative to what I was replying to. That was the extent of my name calling, and it was all in self-defence. And then after that I get:

"hilarious" boeycc15 in 46
"moronic" NextTechnorati in 47
"Sage" (sarcastic) cgc020 in 56
"Serious" (sarcastic) cgc020 in 61
"no capacity for out of the box thinking" CQB in 74
"Dysfunctional" Carmissimo in 80
"troll, dumb" newbee in 92
"confused, troll" Wovel in 94
"insuferable pinhead" Sacto Joe in 95
"sad" Blah64 in 96
"short-sighted" walshbj in 98
"predjudiced" Suddenly Newton in 99
"teenager pretending to be an adult" Bakloyd in 102

The fact that you would accuse me of being the one doing the name calling, is the same mistake you're making in the iPad argument itself, failing to see relative numbers on each side.
post #118 of 121
Interesting article about app (non)usage.

http://www.9to5mac.com/50151/a-quart...only-used-once

So, I don't think top seller ranking should suggest the iPad being a toy. We need to have data about how people actually use their iPads. I figure I have a game/entertainment app to work app ratio of 2 to 1 on my iPad, yet the work apps are the ones I spend 95% of my time using. Many people could be the same.

If you want, you could start a poll and get some data. Here on AI, however, the data might be a bit skewed.

Here's an old article:

http://mashable.com/2010/07/08/ipad-usage-report/

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #119 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

Yes, I guess hard work is old fashioned these days. I take it you are thoroughly modern?

Why do you insist on prattling on with such nonsense? Most of the time the iPad suffices for tasks that otherwise requires a laptop. When significant amounts of keyboard input is needed any Bluetooth keyboard works quite well.

The crucial fact is that developer innovation has been captivated by this emerging platform with it's new, more intuitive UI. I like my MBP but I carry my iPad on the go. So compiling code in Xcode occurs when I am at home. Meanwhile I have six GB of books and eBooks immediately available from the same device I use to ssh into my servers and find information on the web. The iPad is a great tool already with greater potential than its predecessors.
post #120 of 121
24 hours to go until lots of people start ranting and raving about being disappointed and listing faults they will consider "deal-breakers". Can't wait to read them all.

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week