or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › First-gen iPad 'deleted' from Best Buy as Apple's imminent iPad 2 launch looms

First-gen iPad 'deleted' from Best Buy as Apple's imminent iPad 2 launch looms - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcahill009 View Post

This is interesting because I obviously think Apple will still sell the iPad v1 at a slightly discounted price. But when you think about it, it's possible that would not want to do this.

Apple will discount the version one models to sell them out. They might perhaps keep the 16 gb wifi for schools and such, not unlike having the 8gb 3gs still on the market. but that's likely all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

While I do think there will be a new iPad 2 announced tomorrow, I don't think it will be readily available for sale that same day...unless the macbook pro pallets also contained new iPads.

Or since they already had the big 'new product' launch last year they could do it as online sales start in the afternoon, units are shipping to the store, go to X site to reserve yours and you will get an email when it has arrived. thus avoiding lines if they push it that you must reserve to get one for the upcoming days. And they could pace out the notices to say 100 a day or whatever each store can handle. Or they could do like Verizon and have the online orders start tomorrow afternoon but hold off on the in store for a few days. That way the upgraders will hopefully go ahead and just have it shipped.
post #42 of 44
Just decided to check Amazon (both .com and .co.uk) and both sites seem to have limited supplies.

In fact they (at least on the UK site) only seem to have the 3G model. They also seem to have adjusted the description of the products.

EDIT: The Wifi models are avliable, but in limited numbers (<10) and only from 3rd parties - not amazon directly.
post #43 of 44
Apple store is currently down. Expecting that iPad 2 update in a couple of hours
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

That would be a typo. I will assume your "unnacceptable" was also one.

Otherwise known as lack of proofreading.

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • First-gen iPad 'deleted' from Best Buy as Apple's imminent iPad 2 launch looms
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › First-gen iPad 'deleted' from Best Buy as Apple's imminent iPad 2 launch looms