Originally Posted by IKnowThat2
Is this game by apple for apple fanboys so they keep spending money for some smaller updates???
RAM is only 512MB compared to 1GB for Xoom.(This may limit/control future iOS upgrade for sure)
No 4G support (Need new iPad3 for that,spend more money on i*!!!, LOL)
No Flash(Expected),but really need for pc/tablet experience
No SD Slot
Display resolution inferior to Xoom
No Widgets which are much more usable for tablets.
Extra money for HDMI adapter while is is part of Xoom
Display resolution is still same as iPad1!!
All features like Duel processor, front/rear camera, Gyro, HDMI, USB, Flash support,
Widget support, 1GB RAM,SD Card slot to expand memory,4G support, better resolution display are already part of Xoom.
No wonder it is $79 chceaper then Xoom, add all cost up and Xoom will come out cheaper and better then iPad2($39 just for hdmi adapter, LOL)
Of course you know that...
* Apple has not stated how much RAM is in iPad2. Even if it is 512M, iOS does not need as much RAM, so it doesn't matter anyway.
* There is no 4G for Xoom either. It's a future upgrade, and not known how well it will actually work. Either way, there are no real 4G networks yet. Verizon is just barely rolling out, AT&T by the end of 2011, and the other two have nothing, despite the fact T-Mobile falsely advertises theirs as 4G when it's not. Even with 4G just barely showing up, coverage will be spotty until about 2013.
* USB is built into the dock connector. How do you think it syncs with your computer?
* No Flash on Xoom either. Again, future upgrade, and we already know the attempts at running Flash on mobile devices have been far, far from stellar. Red herring.
* No built-in SD slot on iPad, true, but the SD card kit is available, and it plugs into the dock connector.
* iPad display actually superior to Xoom. The Xoom has a slightly higher resolution than the iPad, but the iPad's display is higher quality, better image, color, contrast, and viewing angles.
* There is no such thing as a distinction between apps & widgets on iOS. iOS has plenty of both, and they're all called apps.
* Xoom may have a separate micro-HDMI port, but you'll still need a micro-to-HDMI cable, which will set you back$30 at retail.
You just can't see the forest through the trees.