or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Michael Savage

Michael Savage

post #1 of 97
What do you think personally of Michael Savage?
post #2 of 97
I love him....in a world of irrationality and stupidity his considered thoughtful and philosophical insight is unparalleled.

I know most of his deeper speculations are above the head of most of us and possibly understandable only by quantum physicists - but nevertheless, he never talks down and makes things simple from his high level of genius while maintaining humility.

Apart from his award winning work in the area of metaphysics and philosophy there is one other aspect of his persona that may not be so widely known: his charity work in the field of building bridges in the area of cultural harmony and his spreading of peaceful tolerance.

The great man is typically shy of being acclaimed for this ground-breaking work but that only goes to prove his humility and general God-like status.

We should be privileged to be alive at the same time as such an intellectual colossus - he is truly, truly worthy of debate. Others may choose to talk of global warming or revolution but it is to their discredit they cannot see a giant walks among them looking through their petty lives.

I love him. He is the soothing strains of a Mozart sonata and the considered lightly touched genius of a bejewelled Shakespeare shining brilliant in a sea of mediocrity.

God Bless America.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 97
Meh. Dan Savage I could vote for president.

Nice post, Sego.
post #4 of 97
Dan Savage is the best. Damn straight, Tonton.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #5 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Meh. Dan Savage I could vote for president.

Nice post, Sego.

Who is Dan Savage? I mean Michael Savage
post #6 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Who is Dan Savage? I mean Michael Savage

They hate Michael Savage. So they are ridiculing him and speaking of a person with a last name of Savage they actually like. Kind of rude to you, but there it is. \

Edit: I personally never listen to him generally. I believe I heard his show once for about 5 minutes and he was being a bit of a blowhard. I will say that one listen is not enough to form an overall opinion.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #7 of 97
Oh, I remember... wasn't he that kid on the Wonder Years?
post #8 of 97
One of my all time heroes is Robbie Savage.

We can talk about him maybe...

post #9 of 97
Quote:

No, no...you're thinking of that guy in the Princess Bride.... the grandson I think...
post #10 of 97
Thanks for proving my point.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #11 of 97
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #12 of 97
I've never seen or heard him. Is he the guy that the UK barred from entering the country?
Hopefully there's somethIng on YouTube.
"I have been made victorious by terror~ Muhammad

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam," ~ Barack Obama

post #13 of 97
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #14 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I've never seen or heard him. Is he the guy that the UK barred from entering the country?

No. And yes, YouTube will have much on him. He is well known in the US.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #15 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

No. And yes, YouTube will have much on him. He is well known in the US.

You're saying "no" to what? He was barred from the UK- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-1679127.html

post #16 of 97
Michael Weiner heheheh
post #17 of 97
Quote:

I guess in Hong Kong you never heard of him.I thought your country was very knowledgeable about the media? I guess I was wrong.
post #18 of 97
Quote:

He has a radio show you can view on you tube which I do and listen to sometimes.Pretty informative.He is a Conservative all the way.hates Liberals
post #19 of 97
Quote:

He has a radio show you can view on you tube which I do and listen to sometimes.Pretty informative.He is a Conservative all the way.hates Liberals

He hates a lot of people.... hates so much he is banned from the UK - quite a feat.....you have to be a really SPECIAL hater to get that. Not only is the UK pretty easy-going on hate-speech - you have the BNP and EDL for example and it's open season on Muslims 24/7 - but it is very very hard to get banned from there.

I hear the Nuremberg rallies were 'informative too' - and a great light show.

Sounds like a great guy....

Only SIXTEEN other people have managed the UK banning feat and are excluded in this way - among them:

Quote:
Fred Waldron Phelps Snr and his daughter Shirley Phelps-Roper

Hamas MP Yunis Al-Astal

former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard Stephen Donald Black

neo-Nazi Erich Gliebe

Artur Ryno and Pavel Skachevsky, the former leaders of a violent Russian skinhead gang which committed 20 racially motivated murders, are also banned from coming to Britain. Both are currently in prison.

Extremist preachers Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim, Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal, Safwat Hijazi and Amir Siddique

Muslim activist Abdul Ali Musa (previously Clarence Reams), murderer

Hezbollah terrorist Samir Al Quntar

Kashmiri terror group leader Nasr Javed

Great group for a dinner party...perhaps we can get them all 'on YouTube' ? I mean 'hopefully'.......

post #20 of 97
Quote:

You're saying "no" to what? He was barred from the UK- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-1679127.html

Wow, had not heard that. I was mistaken.

My next question would be, does he seriously belong on such a list?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #21 of 97
Quote:

My next answer would be, a resounding yes.

I can think of a few others too who might improve the UK atmosphere by being on it.
post #22 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

My next answer would be, a resounding yes.

I can think of a few others too who might improve the UK atmosphere by being on it.

Really? Based on simply being a loudmouth you would ban a person from going to a country? And you would put them in the same league as "skinheads who are killing people in Russia ...[and]... mass murderers who kill Jews on buses"?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #23 of 97
Quote:

Really? Based on simply being a loudmouth you would ban a person from going to a country? And you would put them in the same league as "skinheads who are killing people in Russia ...[and]... mass murderers who kill Jews on buses"?

Yes I would.

He stirs up hate and in many regions of the UK that will inevitably lead to violence.

All those people are banned for one reason: they will spread hate in such a way that will lead to violence.

One example randomly from today:

Violence at EDL protest

Quote:
Thirty-four people have been arrested during rival demonstrations the English Defence League and opponents in Rochdale.

No serious offences were reported with the arrests made for public order offences, affray and being drunk and disorderly. Police confirmed the majority of those arrested were EDL protesters.

Paramedics with the North West Ambulance Service were on standby but were not eventually called to the rally to deal with any injuries.

A large police presence was in attendance at the memorial gardens outside Rochdale Town Hall as both sets of protesters were separated by the cenotaph.

Luckily these morons did not actually harm anyone this time - they have many times in the past, racial murders are increasing - but of someone like Savage were to spread his hate to them they could well run amok.

Savage in fact is the equivalent of these people - he vents it on the the airwaves while they kick people's heads in in back alleys. But they are the same...
post #24 of 97
Quote:

Yes I would.

He stirs up hate and in many regions of the UK that will inevitably lead to violence.

All those people are banned for one reason: they will spread hate in such a way that will lead to violence.

One example randomly from today:

Violence at EDL protest

Luckily these morons did not actually harm anyone this time - they have many times in the past, racial murders are increasing - but of someone like Savage were to spread his hate to them they could well run amok.

Savage in fact is the equivalent of these people - he vents it on the the airwaves while they kick people's heads in in back alleys. But they are the same...

The equivalent to someone who actually went out and killed someone? I have now heard it all. Shooting off your mouth is the now the exact same as killing people.

I would say this, if you can point to an instance where his show has actually lead to the death of a person, then you have a leg to stand on. If you cannot, then you are assigning an equivalence that does not exist.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #25 of 97
Quote:

No do not listen to all the crap you read here.He was banned for telling the truth which the English Parliament did not want to hear.
post #26 of 97
Quote:

No do not listen to all the crap you read here.He was banned for telling the truth which the English Parliament did not want to hear.

Could we have an example of that truth? Any one will do - just pick a statement of his which is 'true' and which people 'did not want to hear'.

I'm willing to bet you cannot find one - not one in all his millions of throwaway knee-jerk auto-mouth verbal diarrohea....

Not the smallest one....

So, do you feel lucky? Well..do you?
post #27 of 97
Sego, is your sixth troll sense perking up a little? Mine is.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #28 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Sego, is your sixth troll sense perking up a little? Mine is.

Definitely....I even have a list of possibles... I was hoping to narrow it down by the answer to the question but it seems there won't be one.

Which is significant in itself.

Makes you wonder doesn't it?
post #29 of 97
Quote:

Could we have an example of that truth? Any one will do - just pick a statement of his which is 'true' and which people 'did not want to hear'.

I'm willing to bet you cannot find one - not one in all his millions of throwaway knee-jerk auto-mouth verbal diarrohea....

Not the smallest one....

Probably no more than you can:

point to an instance where his show has actually lead to the death of a person, then you have a leg to stand on. If you cannot, then you are assigning an equivalence that does not exist.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #30 of 97
Quote:

Probably no more than you can:

point to an instance where his show has actually lead to the death of a person, then you have a leg to stand on. If you cannot, then you are assigning an equivalence that does not exist.

I don't have to.....just because it hasn't YET means nothing...

Are you seriously suggesting that BEFORE crimes occur the speech that incited them to happen LATER is ok?

Perhaps you would care to voice your approval of the German anti-Semitic cartoons in the 30s? The one's inciting violence BEFORE any violence occurred.

Or perhaps you believe there is no connection between the anti-semitic propaganda and later events.

Or perhaps you just like and agree with Savage. It could be that simple. I hope not and would be surprised.....but it could....
post #31 of 97
Quote:

I don't have to.....just because it hasn't YET means nothing...

1) Are you seriously suggesting that BEFORE crimes occur the speech that incited them to happen LATER is ok?

2) Perhaps you would care to voice your approval of the German anti-Semitic cartoons in the 30s? The one's inciting violence BEFORE any violence occurred.

3) Or perhaps you believe there is no connection between the anti-semitic propaganda and later events.

4) Or perhaps you just like and agree with Savage. It could be that simple. I hope not and would be surprised.....but it could....

Ok, lets step back a step further and take your questions one at a time.

1) I am suggesting that unless a crime occurs you are making a link that just does not stand the smell test.

2) Perhaps you would care to take that back?

3) Can you point to specific behaviors or quotes that you feel are a pattern of such behavior that are specifically targeting a group with violence?

4) Nope, If I had listened to him I would be less vague with my points and more specific in my defense of his rights which are being abridged.

My specific question. How is him traveling to the UK going to cause death and mayhem?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #32 of 97
Quote:

Not the smallest one....

First of all big mouth learn how to spell!ISavage is not perfect no one is.He tells it like it is in life. He is right about Islam and the koran being that everything you read in it pertains to killing of Jews and Christians and decimating women who do not indulge in what these inhumane moslems men want them to do.They cut off their clitoris to begin with.So read and learn that what knowledge is about my friend.
post #33 of 97
Quote:

First of all big mouth learn how to spell!ISavage is not perfect no one is.He tells it like it is in life. He is right about Islam and the koran being that everything you read in it pertains to killing of Jews and Christians and decimating women who do not indulge in what these inhumane moslems men want them to do.They cut off their clitoris to begin with.So read and learn that what knowledge is about my friend.

Ok...I adjus my spellong and grammars.... sorri...engllis not my furst langwage.

Anyway...I ask again: could we have an example of this 'telling it like it is?'

How is it?

Cud we hav an exsampel of this? I borrowd a koraan from the libraree but cud not find the clitiris cuttne verse...

could you or Mr savage giv me the direkt kwote?
post #34 of 97
bin a cupple of howrs now - iz not hard to fynd kwote?

Doo not neede to think at all dont wurri....all u hav too doo is fynd a kwote of savig and poste it hear....

Then wee can seee if it he is tellin lik it iz....
post #35 of 97
Meanwhile it has been over a day and I have not gotten a response to my question from segovius. Length of time to response is not indicative of whether or not a person has a reply, just whether they care to reply or if they are online to do said reply.

marvfox you definitely are stepping into a hornets nest here if you wish to continue down the path you are walking. I do not think you will be able to back up your position from where you are building argument from. I have seen this played out many times and you are not making a strong case. Best of luck to you.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #36 of 97
Quote:

Meanwhile it has been over a day and I have not gotten a response to my question from segovius. Length of time to response is not indicative of whether or not a person has a reply, just whether they care to reply or if they are online to do said reply.

marvfox you definitely are stepping into a hornets nest here if you wish to continue down the path you are walking. I do not think you will be able to back up your position from where you are building argument from. I have seen this played out many times and you are not making a strong case. Best of luck to you.

Wise words Noah - let's hope he heeds them. Somehow I don't think he's in for the long haul though...which probably makes him somewhat more perceptive than the rest of us paradoxically.

Back OT - I believe your question was this:

My specific question. How is him traveling to the UK going to cause death and mayhem?

I would say that his particular schtick is one that - how shall we put it? - appeals to a certain type of individual for whom thinking and reason may not be the raison d'etre of their daily lives.

On the other hand though they make up for this in other ways - primarily in the realm of the physical.

Hearing that 'Islam is evil' and 'they want to take over the country' they are often inspired to take some direct action and - as there are large areas of immigrant communities readily available - these individuals often bring their talents to bear in the back alleys and byways up and down the UK.

It is odd you do not see a connection between hate speech by right-wingers and violence perpetrated by right-wingers but I think we can both agree that were Savage to be granted full access to their airwaves in the UK the hapless Brits would not be treated to an updated version of the Sermon on the Mount.

Here are some of the constituency that would be welcoming and supporting Savage - I happen to know the type quite well as I did spend my early years incarcerated in the UK and had opportunity to observer their depredations.

You may not be in the same position - not sure how familiar you are with the darker reaches of the blighted council estates there - but take my word for it...you should probably not trust these specimens with your lunch money. And by the same token they are very unlikely to say something along the lines of "I say old chap - this Savage blighter is a bit extreme what?"

I submit these specimens for your consideration:

These Nazi scum are already running riot. Already committing acts of violence.

The UK doesn't need more right-wing scum from the US in the mix encouraging them.
post #37 of 97
Quote:

Wise words Noah - let's hope he heeds them. Somehow I don't think he's in for the long haul though...which probably makes him somewhat more perceptive than the rest of us paradoxically.

Back OT - I believe your question was this:

I would say that his particular schtick is one that - how shall we put it? - appeals to a certain type of individual for whom thinking and reason may not be the raison d'etre of their daily lives.

On the other hand though they make up for this in other ways - primarily in the realm of the physical.

Hearing that 'Islam is evil' and 'they want to take over the country' they are often inspired to take some direct action and - as there are large areas of immigrant communities readily available - these individuals often bring their talents to bear in the back alleys and byways up and down the UK.

It is odd you do not see a connection between hate speech by right-wingers and violence perpetrated by right-wingers but I think we can both agree that were Savage to be granted full access to their airwaves in the UK the hapless Brits would not be treated to an updated version of the Sermon on the Mount.

Here are some of the constituency that would be welcoming and supporting Savage - I happen to know the type quite well as I did spend my early years incarcerated in the UK and had opportunity to observer their depredations.

You may not be in the same position - not sure how familiar you are with the darker reaches of the blighted council estates there - but take my word for it...you should probably not trust these specimens with your lunch money. And by the same token they are very unlikely to say something along the lines of "I say old chap - this Savage blighter is a bit extreme what?"

I submit these specimens for your consideration:

These Nazi scum are already running riot. Already committing acts of violence.

The UK doesn't need more right-wing scum from the US in the mix encouraging them.

I understand that him being on the air there could possibly cause issues, but he is banned from even entering the country. How is him entering the country going to cause issues? I am not asking that he be put on the air there, just asking why he cannot travel there.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #38 of 97
Quote:

I understand that him being on the air there could possibly cause issues, but he is banned from even entering the country. How is him entering the country going to cause issues? I am not asking that he be put on the air there, just asking why he cannot travel there.

The sort of issues he would cause are the sort of issues he WANTS to cause and end in the sort of photos above.

I think that's more than enough.

Hate is hate and it's fruits are not very palatable. I'd have thought you would not appreciate that...
post #39 of 97
Quote:

The sort of issues he would cause are the sort of issues he WANTS to cause and end in the sort of photos above.

I think that's more than enough.

Hate is hate and it's fruits are not very palatable. I'd have thought you would not appreciate that...

Now if only the UK would have given the same treatment to the Pope...

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #40 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Now if only the UK would have given the same treatment to the Pope...

Some people tried to actually.... the problem was that it was cynically deemed a State visit so the taxpayer had to pick up the tab.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Michael Savage