or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Michael Savage

Michael Savage - Page 2

post #41 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Wise words Noah - let's hope he heeds them. Somehow I don't think he's in for the long haul though...which probably makes him somewhat more perceptive than the rest of us paradoxically.

Back OT - I believe your question was this:

My specific question. How is him traveling to the UK going to cause death and mayhem?

I would say that his particular schtick is one that - how shall we put it? - appeals to a certain type of individual for whom thinking and reason may not be the raison d'etre of their daily lives.

On the other hand though they make up for this in other ways - primarily in the realm of the physical.

Hearing that 'Islam is evil' and 'they want to take over the country' they are often inspired to take some direct action and - as there are large areas of immigrant communities readily available - these individuals often bring their talents to bear in the back alleys and byways up and down the UK.

It is odd you do not see a connection between hate speech by right-wingers and violence perpetrated by right-wingers but I think we can both agree that were Savage to be granted full access to their airwaves in the UK the hapless Brits would not be treated to an updated version of the Sermon on the Mount.

Here are some of the constituency that would be welcoming and supporting Savage - I happen to know the type quite well as I did spend my early years incarcerated in the UK and had opportunity to observer their depredations.

You may not be in the same position - not sure how familiar you are with the darker reaches of the blighted council estates there - but take my word for it...you should probably not trust these specimens with your lunch money. And by the same token they are very unlikely to say something along the lines of "I say old chap - this Savage blighter is a bit extreme what?"

I submit these specimens for your consideration:

These Nazi scum are already running riot. Already committing acts of violence.

The UK doesn't need more right-wing scum from the US in the mix encouraging them.

What happened your spelling improved that fast.Who are you kidding pal?
post #42 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

What happened your spelling improved that fast.Who are you kidding pal?

it denens hoo ai am torkin 2 wever i fink thay mite understan wot ime sain eeseer...

did u hav anee luk findin thagt kwote wot proves muzzlimns are bastuds or wotever it is u and savig fink?

if he is tellin it lik it iz then u shud tell me as mabee i wont to see the lite
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #43 of 97
Ok, while we are waiting for the OP to address the issues he himself has raised let's have some half-time entertainment.

Though we do not know which quotes of Savage are 'the Truth' - presumably all of them - due to the OP's reticence in putting finger to keypad, here are a representative sample which are not 'the Truth' and, by definition, are 'the Lies' instead:

Let's start with this:

Quote:
What sane nation that worships the U.S. Constitution, which is the greatest document of freedom ever written, would bring in people who worship a book that tells them the exact opposite. Make no mistake about it, the Quran is not a document of freedom. The Quran is a document of slavery and chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave.

Actually slavery was rampant in the Arabian Peninsula in the 7th CENTURY AD before Islam but with the Qu'ran the status of slaves began to change.

Quote:
The Islamic prophet Muhammad encouraged manumission of slaves, even if one had to purchase them first. On many occasions, Muhammad's companions, at his direction, freed slaves in abundance. Muhammad personally freed 63 slaves, and his wife Aisha freed 67. In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves.

Link

I think the US Constitution didn't really do so much for slaves over a thousand years later did it?

So that's one untruth right there. At random.
post #44 of 97
I won't pretend to be well-versed in the Qu'ran, but I do know a thing or two about the Bible. There are quite a few sections that deal with slavery--how to acquire & treat your slaves. The Bible is a document of slavery in the metaphoric sense as well--unless you are a slave to Christ, you've got an eternal date with liquid hot magma.

And finally, the US Constitution really wasn't much of a document of Freedom until the 13th & 14th Amendments rolled around. 3/5th compromise anyone?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #45 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

I won't pretend to be well-versed in the Qu'ran, but I do know a thing or two about the Bible. There are quite a few sections that deal with slavery--how to acquire & treat your slaves. The Bible is a document of slavery in the metaphoric sense as well--unless you are a slave to Christ, you've got an eternal date with liquid hot magma.

And finally, the US Constitution really wasn't much of a document of Freedom until the 13th & 14th Amendments rolled around. 3/5th compromise anyone?

True...but to be fair though, most of the problems of the Bible stem from the amalgamating of the OT and the NT.

Despite Jesus saying he had come to bring a new dispensation they still had to tack on the old one - and it is this OT that is the root of most of the hateful stuff.

I think if the NT stood on its own from the very start then Christianity would be a very different thing and a lot of the bigots would not be on-board.
post #46 of 97
But until Christians stop using the OT to justify their hatred of gays, I think it's perfectly fair game to point out the other nasty things that exist in the OT.

Though there's this passage that tells you how to act as a slave, condoning slavery in the process:

Quote:
Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #47 of 97
Quote:

But until Christians stop using the OT to justify their hatred of gays...

Which Christians hate gays? I'm asking because all the Christians I know and hang out with don't hate gays. So...I'm just wondering which actual Christians hate gays. I don't know any personally.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #48 of 97
Anyone opposed to gay marriage hates gays. Anyone who thinks being gay is an abomination hates gays. Anyone who thinks gays are going to hell hates gays.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #49 of 97
Quote:

But until Christians stop using the OT to justify their hatred of gays, I think it's perfectly fair game to point out the other nasty things that exist in the OT.

Though there's this passage that tells you how to act as a slave, condoning slavery in the process:

True....anything that promotes hatred cannot be spiritual by any definition so it's even an absolute necessity to point it out.....
post #50 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Which Christians hate gays? I'm asking because all the Christians I know and hang out with don't hate gays. So...I'm just wondering which actual Christians hate gays. I don't know any personally.

post #51 of 97
Quote:

Anyone opposed to gay marriage hates gays. Anyone who thinks being gay is an abomination hates gays. Anyone who thinks gays are going to hell hates gays.

I smell a non sequitur.

post #52 of 97
Quote:

Yes? You have something to say?

post #53 of 97
Quote:

I smell a non sequitur.

You probably need to take a shower then.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #54 of 97
Quote:

You probably need to take a shower then.

Aren't you cute BR. That's was quite clever. I made a comment about your claim and then you made an implication about my hygiene. Very clever indeed.

post #55 of 97
No, I was implying that the non-sequitur stink usually wafts from your direction. You simply chose to interpret it differently. Your powers of inference fail you today.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #56 of 97
Quote:

No, I was implying that the non-sequitur stink usually wafts from your direction. You simply chose to interpret it differently.

Indeed.

Well, would you like to point to any specific examples? You can do this while finding some support for your claim of my hypocrisy in that other thread.

Quote:

Your powers of inference fail you today.

Or, perhaps, your implication is off-base.

post #57 of 97
Your roll-eyes are rather insulting. Try rolling your eyes to someone's face and tell me how well that conversation goes from there.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #58 of 97
Quote:

Your roll-eyes are rather insulting. Try rolling your eyes to someone's face and tell me how well that conversation goes from there.

So I take it that you won't be giving any specific examples of my non sequiturs or my hypocrisy?

Veering back toward the topic...

As to your claim that "Christians are using the OT to justify their hatred of gays" and that "Anyone opposed to gay marriage hates gays. Anyone who thinks being gay is an abomination hates gays. Anyone who thinks gays are going to hell hates gays."...I wonder if you aren't engaging in the same sort of prejudice, illogical "deduction" and broad brushing that others like this Michale Savage fellow does. Where I'm going is to inquire whether there are people who say things a lot like "The Quran is a document of slavery and chattel. It teaches you that you are a slave." about the Bible. And whether the things Michael Savage says about Islam or Muslims are similar to things some say about Christianity and Christians.

post #59 of 97
No, I'm not engaging in similar behavior. Nice try.

You can't on one hand want to deny 2% of the population the right to marry the consenting adult he loves and at the same time claim not to harbor some sort of hatred.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #60 of 97
Quote:

No, I'm not engaging in similar behavior. Nice try.

OK

Quote:

You can't on one hand want to deny 2% of the population the right to marry the consenting adult he loves and at the same time claim not to harbor some sort of hatred.

Again...this looks a lot like a non sequitur. But whatever. For the sake of argument, let's go with your reasoning. Can we generalize this to say something like:

You can't on one hand want to deny any percentage of the population any particular liberty/freedom and at the same time claim not to harbor some sort of hatred.

post #61 of 97
Only to someone with no heart. That's consistent with the rest of your selfish views, though.

Aaaaaand there's the hypocrisy. A selfish christian.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #62 of 97
Quote:

Only to someone with no heart.

Actually, to someone who understands logic and fallacies.

Quote:

That's consistent with the rest of your selfish views, though.

Uh huh. It's interesting how you assume I am selfish in order to fit the rest of the caricature you've created of me.

post #63 of 97
Your views are objectively selfish. Good day.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #64 of 97
Quote:

Your views are objectively selfish. Good day.

Are they? Thanks for sharing your opinion about my desire for the protection of everyone's basic rights of life, liberty and property.

Now, how should we classify your views which appear to include both stealing from people and forcing people to do what you think they should do?

post #65 of 97
Quote:

Are they? Thanks for sharing your opinion about my desire for the protection of everyone's basic rights of life, liberty and property.

Now, how should we classify your views which appear to include both stealing from people and forcing people to do what you think they should do?

Blah blah blah.

What's your plan for the homeless? What's your plan for those who can't afford healthcare?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #66 of 97
Quote:

Only to someone with no heart. That's consistent with the rest of your selfish views, though.

I know this is not directed to me but I wanted to weigh in.

Jesus rebukes those who have the wrong heart towards the poor and the wrong "self-rightious" view of themselves.

This passage says it all

Luke 11 vs 37-41

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...41&version=NLT

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #67 of 97
Quote:

it denens hoo ai am torkin 2 wever i fink thay mite understan wot ime sain eeseer...

did u hav anee luk findin thagt kwote wot proves muzzlimns are bastuds or wotever it is u and savig fink?

if he is tellin it lik it iz then u shud tell me as mabee i wont to see the lite

Exactly how old are you? why are you making yourself look stupid on these posts? You are quite different I must say.
post #68 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I know this is not directed to me but I wanted to weigh in.

Jesus rebukes those who have the wrong heart towards the poor and the wrong "self-rightious" view of themselves.

This passage says it all

Luke 11 vs 37-41

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...41&version=NLT

Fellows

that is if you believe in Jesus?
post #69 of 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Exactly how old are you? why are you making yourself look stupid on these posts? You are quite different I must say.

I am veree yung...and yes...it haz ben sed that i am a bit stoopid....

do not mok me 4 that.

I fink i cud lern somefin tho - all u hav to do is poste the savig kwote - perhaps i will seee u are rite...

y u do not post the kwote to suport yore klaim?
post #70 of 97
Quote:

Blah blah blah.

What's your plan for the homeless? What's your plan for those who can't afford healthcare?

Why to do things that will most likely raise their incomes and reduce their costs (housing and healthcare) of course*. Duh.

*While doing everything possible to protect everyone's basic rights of life, liberty and property.

post #71 of 97
Quote:

Why to do things that will most likely raise their incomes and reduce their costs (housing and healthcare) of course. Duh.

And those that fail? Those who cannot find a job? Those who cannot afford healthcare, despite these mythical raised incomes and reduced costs? What then?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #72 of 97
Quote:

And those that fail? Those who cannot find a job? Those who cannot afford healthcare, despite these mythical raised incomes and reduced costs? What then?

Mythical raised incomes and reduced costs? You are quite the pessimist aren't you?

post #73 of 97
Quote:

Mythical raised incomes and reduced costs? You are quite the pessimist aren't you?

Dodge #1.

And those that fail? Those who cannot afford healthcare regardless? Those who cannot hold down a job and remain homeless?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #74 of 97
Quote:

Dodge #1.

Oh dear God! You are one to talk. I think the Irony-Meter just broke.

post #75 of 97
Quote:

Oh dear God! You are one to talk. I think the Irony-Meter just broke.

Dodge #2.

Those that fail? Those who cannot hold down a job and remain homeless? Those who still can't afford healthcare?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #76 of 97
Quote:

Dodge #2.

Once again, the irony and the hypocrisy. Whew. My head is spinning here.

post #77 of 97
Quote:

Once again, the irony and the hypocrisy. Whew. My head is spinning here.

Dodge #3.

Those who remain homeless? Those who can't afford healthcare regardless?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #78 of 97
For someone who wants to claim he's so superior, he sure acts in the way he claims to despise. If he doesn't actually have an answer, he can just say so. I'm off to work now. I'll be back later. Let's see if he can actually answer two questions.

Those that fail? Those who cannot hold down a job and remain homeless? Those who still can't afford healthcare?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #79 of 97
Quote:

For someone who wants to claim he's so superior, he sure acts in the way he claims to despise. If he doesn't actually have an answer, he can just say so. I'm off to work now. I'll be back later. Let's see if he can actually answer two questions.

Tell you what...I will give you an answer*...once you've answer the questions you've dodged to date. How's that?

*I doubt you'll like my answer, but I will give one anyway.

post #80 of 97
Your questions were answered. But regardless, it appears you are more interested in games than conversing. Prove me wrong.

What is your plan for those who remain homeless? What is your plan for those who still cannot afford healthcare?

-Sagan

-Sagan
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Michael Savage