or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Page 6

post #201 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

It is just a big iPod Touch. I still hold to that comment. Unlike many of you I like the iPad because it is a toy. Listen to music, play games, surf the net and watch videos. If I wanted to do something productive I have to use a MBP because the iPad simply does not support the software I use. Which is the case for most people.

Mouse I am the as honest as they get because unlike you I just don't walk around sucking Steve Jobs nut sack. You are a bias fanboy wuss which doesn't make you honest. Just because you love everything that Apple makes and bash everything else doesn't make you honest in fact it's quite the opposite.

People like you bash Google, Microsoft and everyone else when 99% of the time you haven't even touched their products or services. That doesn't make you honest. At least when I have something negative to say I make an effort to use the product first. My opinion of the iPad still stand its a toy.

Just because it has sold to millions doesn't mean its some great productivity device. If its such a great educational tool like Steve Jobs says then why doesn't it get an educational discount like all other Apple products that are seen as educational tools? Love to hear your answer on that one.

You are one of the most bias people on this forum it's beyond a joke for you to try and call anyone else out on being honest.

Profanity, bashing is not only a lot of self pity, it communicates nothing. In fact it is just the bully way of trying to intimidate. You're not effectively selling anything.

You may call the iPAD a toy ... your choice of words. Many homes are full of wonderful toys that bring enjoyment and satisfaction. Your point is more that you wanted an iPAD that could replace your power hungry Notebook... enable you to do what you want on a powerful PC tower system... and you wanted all this for a very low price.

You would be well, to keep the nasty stuff away from your thought processes .. we certainly don't deserve your crap. You have made some intelligent remarks ... Keep doing that ... Stop the crap.
post #202 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

The funniest thing about these "iPad is a toy" comments is that there is probably no other technology device that has been so rapidly accepted by enterprise.

Much of the growth of the iPad over the next several years will be from corporate buyers, governments, schools, etc. Watch for an astounding number of graduate schools this fall issuing iPads to incoming students.

This is pretty much a no-brainer in the financial services sector. There are two or three medical applications that need to be optimized for the iPad, but when they are available, you will see massive adoption by the health services industry. There are already doctors clamoring their IT departments to hook up their personal devices to their hospital IT infrastructure. Doctors tend to be IT technophobes, so this activity is highly unusual.

Government will eventually figure this out as well. There is a huge amount of money/time/resources spent in paper document distribution. Everything is digitized anyhow and filed into document retrieval systems. Better to push out electronic docs rather than fire up the copy center for two days so the courier service can drive around town dropping off piles of paper.

You have hit the nail on the head. I use Apple stuff, I have built (assemblied many PC towers), I have three printers (good ones, epson for photo stuff), plus a nice scanner. I have a nice Core2 duo with Vista that hasn't been used for almost a year. I didn't bother with Windows 7 ... I just got a mac-mini and use the monitor and keyboard. I don't get viruses. My printers are in trouble because of lack of use. I move data around on flash drives,and networking vs printing and now I am developing a private blog for our family because Facebook is so dangerous. So bye, bye paper. As soon as iPAD2 is available (just in a week or so) my dear wife will finally be able to do her thing, enjoy pictures of the grandkids, making jigsaw puzzles from them and having fun, learn how to use the internet (she says the PC and all that OS stuff is so confusing), she likes to read, watch a movie or two while camping (try that with your laptop that dies after 2 hours) and is back lit so it does not need outside lighting (sorry Kindle ... who reads in direct sun light anyway ... get out the sun burn lotion). So it is the EZ with to use the iPAD that is so intriguing ... also the security.

When Apple can get the publishing community (books, magazine, papers, etc) to join the party, then all the students( we are all students) can enjoy up to date book material, turn in their papers digitally ( forget printing all that stuff) and have all their valuable files saved on a cloud server... then the transformation will be as significant as when we finally got automobiles for transportation instead of reliable hay burners. Go iPAD, Go ... then for those that need so-called power get a MacBook Pro or Air ... the Air is a real winner also ... go for it.
post #203 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter61 View Post

Quadruple-post

Please just multi-quote, particularly when they're all about the same thing.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
Reply
post #204 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt View Post

Sorry...didn't intend the comment to be such a downer. And, no, I didn't wait a year and a quarter for the opportunity. I waited 5 days.

My only intent was to point out that the iPad isn't just for fun and game. But, when she wasn't using the Proloque2go program, she loved to play her Fruit Ninja game

Again, my apologies

You have my deepest sympathies. There is no need for you apologise for anything. The poster with autism probably should, but probably wouldn't recognise the need to do so.
post #205 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

What is it with Apple sycophants? Are you all brainwashed in some giant Apple secret facility somewhere or do just visit the genius bar and the guy smiles and says "just hold still for a second, this wont hurt" and then shoves a an ultrasonic ablater up a nostril and proceeds to liquify the parts of the brain required for independent thought and critical thinking?

'Secret process' !!!!! I wonder if that might involve something like pre forming using an extrusion press? From comments by some machinists discussing the subject:



http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb...rocess-166892/

The whole process described: http://www.manufacturelink.com.au/ne...g-process.aspx

I have an original unibody Macbook, it is very well made and I admire the engineering that went in to it, but I am not going to start genuflecting towards Cuppertino and assume it was made with Alien tech that leaked from Area 51.

Apple may use state of the art production processes, but that doesn't mean they invented them.

I swear if Apple were to make an electric car there would be posters on here jumping up and down declaring Apple invented the wheel and the battery.

Ha ha -- this is not the first time someone has suggested this process is a regular process...

If what you are saying is correct, pls explain the following:

- Why is it that there is no other manufacturer using Unibody construction techniques for anything else. In any industry. Forget computers, even high end defense and aerospace equipment where strength to weight ratio is very important, use casting followed by precision finishing. Nowhere else do they start with a block of Aluminium and finish with the final product.

- Secondly, there is a clear video from Apple, showing the process used to make the Unibody iMac. The "hole" where the screen is, ends up as two unibody keyboards. Can you tell me any machining procedure that can cut out these holes - leaving behind big solid chunks of Aluminium to cut out the Keyboards from? Or do you think Jon Ive is lying through his teeth in that video?

- Thirdly, Aluminium can be recycled cheaper than it can be made - but still, if Apple converts blocks of Aluminium into 95% by weight of scrap in each round, then this process would be WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. Every tonne of Aluminium will end up getting melted about 20 times! Or is it your case that Apple's costs/margins are high enough to absorb the expense of melting the Aluminium 20 times??

Get real - those links you posted are nothing but speculation - people are guessing Apple's processes as much as you and I are.

Would love to see your responses to my points - if you have any!
post #206 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by macarena View Post

Ha ha -- this is not the first time someone has suggested this process is a regular process...

If what you are saying is correct, pls explain the following:

- Why is it that there is no other manufacturer using Unibody construction techniques for anything else. In any industry. Forget computers, even high end defense and aerospace equipment where strength to weight ratio is very important, use casting followed by precision finishing. Nowhere else do they start with a block of Aluminium and finish with the final product.

- Secondly, there is a clear video from Apple, showing the process used to make the Unibody iMac. The "hole" where the screen is, ends up as two unibody keyboards. Can you tell me any machining procedure that can cut out these holes - leaving behind big solid chunks of Aluminium to cut out the Keyboards from? Or do you think Jon Ive is lying through his teeth in that video?

- Thirdly, Aluminium can be recycled cheaper than it can be made - but still, if Apple converts blocks of Aluminium into 95% by weight of scrap in each round, then this process would be WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. Every tonne of Aluminium will end up getting melted about 20 times! Or is it your case that Apple's costs/margins are high enough to absorb the expense of melting the Aluminium 20 times??

Get real - those links you posted are nothing but speculation - people are guessing Apple's processes as much as you and I are.

Would love to see your responses to my points - if you have any!

His judgement is obviously clouded by his hate for Apple or he's bot smart enough to realize that a process to make a process more efficient can be a rede secret. In fact, if we go back to early production of steel I-beams we can see this very thing (I forget the person who oneness it).

I wonder why he thinks Apple is able is able to mill the Mac Mini case and the top case for the MBA display and yet so few vendors are able to copy Apple's lead here except in a minimal way. I bet he doesn't think Google didn't invent their search algorithms simply because they didn't invent the first algorithm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1