or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Page 3

post #81 of 206
i think Sammy watches Apple closely because Apple steve jobs was right about the DOA tab hahaha. That is a life of a copycat, you have to wait till Apple coming out with something and trying to copy it. Sorry, but why would you want a beta knockoff product anyway, only the Apple haters like to be a beta testers. Life is hard for them, they have to choose an inferior product, because they hate Apple hahahah. Apple's A5 is like Gallardo with custom Underground Racing turbo. it will run circle around others, eat them, and spit them out, and still faster than all of them, copycats

"Apple sells premium products at premium prices to premium customers." Cheapskates need not apply 

Reply

"Apple sells premium products at premium prices to premium customers." Cheapskates need not apply 

Reply
post #82 of 206
I think all competitors in the tablet market are just playing a numbers game. They are not stupid, just cautious. It is way easier to not spend anything on R&D and just copy Apple. They know they can't beat them so it is a race to be in second place. If Apple sells 10 million, the number two tablet might sell 250,000, which could still be profitable if they they keep the costs down.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #83 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Im not here to bash the iPad 2in fact, Id like to get one. But at the end of the day, which tablet is better for propping open heavy doors on a windy day? Because for every person who wants to make music or play games, I bet there are three people who live in an area with doors and wind.

I dont think the iPad is thick and heavy enough, and I worry that the copycats are going to go the same route. Thin and light does not always = better.

dude, if you want to get a doorstop, get a doorstopor a (non-apple) pc.
post #84 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

What makes me chuckle is when someone hasn't even used the other product and puts it down based on what someone else says. Or brings up Flash when the iPad will never have Flash enable. How did Flash all of a suddent become important?

The Xoom hardware has nothing to do with Flash. Flash is a plugin that is not really yet for Honeycomb. That will be a simple updated from Adobe that will come from the Android market.

The Xoom hardware is really nice as is the OS the problem with many of these products and the reason Apple will outsell all of htem is the ecosystem and the lack of apps for the Tablets.

I play flash video all the time on my iPad with the sky fire browser, works great.
post #85 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiJoe View Post

I play flash video all the time on my iPad with the sky fire browser, works great.

Doesn't mean you would be able to jailbreak iPad2.
post #86 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiJoe View Post

I play flash video all the time on my iPad with the sky fire browser, works great.

that's for video, what about the interactive websites that use flash?
post #87 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Well right now I am watching local Atlanta news which is is Flash and I am showing 42fps. I get that or above on any FLV.

we have ESTABLISHED .flv will play on a broswer.

what about all the websites that are also in browsers that are based on interactions that required buttoned input devices....what about those..

of course you have no answer, cause Adobe does not an answer either as they have completed ignored flash developers concerns about this major flaw.
post #88 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbydek View Post

It could be because Apple has an exclusive agreement,where Samsung can't use the parts designed by Apple and/or Samsung doesn't supply all the parts for Apple, including some of the more expensive parts.

Besides, Motorola is the only Tablet that can compete with the iPad 2, simply because it has the ability to support 4G. Motorola either needs to look at massive improvements or bringing costs down.

Samsung assembles a product with parts supplied by multiple vendors. Samsung sure as hell isn't going to be able to use the unibody design molding from Apple without being in hot water. LG supplies the Panels, not Samsung. So basically, Samsung chose to be a conglomerate with various businesses; one of them is just being an assembler while others design panels, memory, etc.
post #89 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I was one of the first people on the forum to have the first Gen iPad. My guess is I will be one of the first to also have the second gen. I am a fan of technology I don't bash products simply because they aren't made by Apple. Which seems to be the culture on this forum. I speak my mind when I don't like something but I am am avid supporter of Apple and their products.

Before the iPad was released, you crapped all over it. According to your own account, the only reason you have an iPad is that they gave it to you at work, and you still claimed it was just a big iPad Touch. No, you don't bash products because they aren't made by Apple, you bash products because the are made by Apple. You are not in any way an avid supporter of Apple and its products. Quite to the contrary, based on your posting history.

Have the decency to at least be honest here.
post #90 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It would be as if Apple announced the IP4 with front and rear cameras touting FaceTime and then shipped without it: "Coming soon in an update."

I'm not saying I disagree with you or agree with the guy your debating on here, but you may recall that Apple released iPad with the hardware ability to multi-task months before iOS was released with that capability. iPod touch and iPhone had iOS upgrades with this ability for months before it came to iPad. Its things like that which caused me to wait for iPad 2. I didn't want to buy 1.x hardware because I knew it was not fully baked by Apple (In hardware and in software). I also expected a nice bump in capabilities with 2.x, again because this is what Apple does.

From what I've seen Apple does not release features and capabilities to their customers until they (the features) are REALLY ready (e.g. cut, copy, paste), and I like them for that. It also means the full potential of their products are not fully realized on launch day. I expect my Apple products to improve over time, and I haven't been disappointed in that area yet. Apple isn't perfect, but they're more reliable than other vendors by a long shot.
post #91 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Before the iPad was released, you crapped all over it. According to your own account, the only reason you have an iPad is that they gave it to you at work, and you still claimed it was just a big iPad Touch. No, you don't bash products because they aren't made by Apple, you bash products because the are made by Apple. You are not in any way an avid supporter of Apple and its products. Quite to the contrary, based on your posting history.

Have the decency to at least be honest here.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this.
post #92 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by OskiO View Post

Open mouth, insert foot.

Seriously, how can an executive be that dumb to say that about their own product? The iPad/iPad2 are not perfect (darn close) but at least executives at Apple are smart enough not to point out the inadequate parts.

You have touched on one of Apple's most endearing traits, their unswerving honesty and openness in admitting to faults and inadequacies in their own products. Industry leading, standard setting performance in that category.
post #93 of 206
It is a mystery.

Last year, Apple took its first public step into a whole new product category amid a lot of criticism and snarky comments. Tablets products have been around for quite a while - and while they have always seemed to be a neat idea with lots of potential, they always turned out to be a reformatted PC, with no real niche in the real world - other than being more portable, with all the downsides that a really portable PC might have. Those existing tablets also carried the burden of also sharing the overarching evolutionary path/goal that PCs have - which is to say none. So most people were critical of Apple venturing into this very blind alley of technology.

So, Apple cut out a bunch of the dead-end features, tapped into its "closed" but very open-ended development platform and App base and presented the iPad. Nobody, not even Apple seemed to know if it would work out. It seems that it did - at least for 90% of people who never could quite fit themselves into the PC world and make the PC a value add contributor to their life.

The mystery to me is, "Why cannot any of these other companies do the same?" Why didn't they? Where are all the announcements and visions of the future of computing for the real world? All the "roadmaps" I see are pretty bleak (almost 100% technical) and are seemingly based on Moore's Law, which is just updates and upgrades of yesterday. Tools making more tools, faster.

Making tools is fine if you are selling to businesses. From a marketing view, that is like shooting fish in a barrel - and surprisingly, the fish love it. Enhancing peoples lives is a much harder proposition - but as Apple has shown, it does have a monetary upside. These companies have some incredible talent working in them - it seems they should be able to do better - or even something different.

I prefer to be treated like a person, not a customer, not a client, not a user (with or without the drug double entendre ). It is a mystery to me why so many companies do not do this and continue to addict and not enable.
post #94 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Personally... It makes little practical sense that anyone would consider such a dubiously useful design feature as unnecessary thinness a point of 'inadequacy'.

There's little practical point in being overly concerned with a sub-9mm thickness on a device with as much surface area as a (near) 10 inch tablet computer (where's the balance?) - Other than bragging rights, and all that engineering effort would probably be better served keeping a near .5 inch profile and adding a larger battery, a more durable Gorilla glass screen, or more features.

It's all good and well that Apple is obsessed with 'thinness', but they've rode that claim into the ground at this point... the point of diminishing returns.

Now, if only we could somehow diminish the chances of your return.......
post #95 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

the iPad 2 is just a copy cat product - and Apple shamelessly claims that it is better in every way than the iPad that Apple sold last year - oh wait, can you copy cat yourself? and if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then a lot of folks in the tech world have been flattering themselves a bit too much - oh wait there I go again, can you flatter yourself? (and if you do, will you go blind?)

Hello?
post #96 of 206
Yea! 6001st post (sorry.... )
post #97 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Before the iPad was released, you crapped all over it. According to your own account, the only reason you have an iPad is that they gave it to you at work, and you still claimed it was just a big iPad Touch. No, you don't bash products because they aren't made by Apple, you bash products because the are made by Apple. You are not in any way an avid supporter of Apple and its products. Quite to the contrary, based on your posting history.

Have the decency to at least be honest here.

Ouch. Called him out there! (Let's see if it makes any differences, though -- I doubt it very much).
post #98 of 206
These other companies are only interested in building something as cheaply as possible and then making money off it.

While I don't like certain things about my iPad, like the closed file system, no USB port, and the need to sync it with another computer, I do love many things about it like the screen size.
post #99 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Im not here to bash the iPad 2in fact, Id like to get one. But at the end of the day, which tablet is better for propping open heavy doors on a windy day? Because for every person who wants to make music or play games, I bet there are three people who live in an area with doors and wind.

I dont think the iPad is thick and heavy enough, and I worry that the copycats are going to go the same route. Thin and light does not always = better.

Seriously funny! I always appreciate good humor. Sorry if #88 doesn't "get it" .... or maybe I just don't get #88. Cheers.
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #100 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Samsung assembles a product with parts supplied by multiple vendors. Samsung sure as hell isn't going to be able to use the unibody design molding from Apple without being in hot water. LG supplies the Panels, not Samsung. So basically, Samsung chose to be a conglomerate with various businesses; one of them is just being an assembler while others design panels, memory, etc.

The Unibody enclosures are machined, not molded and nobody is ever going to get into trouble machining aluminium. The patent on that particular tech expired quite some time ago - only kidding - it never existed.

Apple assemble products with parts supplied by multiple vendors. What is your point? Are you sure you aren't getting a bit confused? LG supply the screen for the IP4. Samsung makes the screen for the iPad. I doubt Samsung are going to buy panels from LG for their tablet if they can make them themselves.
post #101 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by VdkaShaker View Post

I'm not saying I disagree with you or agree with the guy your debating on here, but you may recall that Apple released iPad with the hardware ability to multi-task months before iOS was released with that capability.

the clear difference being apple didn't promote the iPad as multictasking only to release it without multitasking,

Last yeat I bought an hp printer that was advertised as an sprint printer. I get it home and there is a piece of paper with a web address to check for a software update to enable sprint that would be out later this year (2010). It sill isn't out and there is no information on when it will be released. I will probably never buy another hp product again because of this. In the case of the zoom, why did they release it before the promised software was ready?

This sort of thing is why apple doesn't want flash. They don't want adobe or any outside developer dictate their release cycles. Had they waited for flash to release the iPhone, they would have waited 3 years.
post #102 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Have the decency to at least be honest here.

Honesty is never a "strong point" of ANY troll ..... even extremeskater.
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #103 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

Sounds like you guys need to send requests to that company telling them you require the virtual tours in HTML for your clients.

How were your sales staff showing the virtual tours before the iPad existed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alandail View Post

Are you suggesting that this couldn't be done in HTML5? Doesn't everyone win if the developers updated away from a proprietary solution and towards open standards? If they don't, their competition will. These changes are already happening across the board and the driving force behind it has been Apple. Everyone wins except Adobe.

iPads aren't anything we assign to them, it's just something they do on their own. In general, they use Citrix. As for what circlepix does for the builders they host virtual tours for, that's up to them. I am sure html5 can be used, but will they spend the time to do it? Idk.
post #104 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T View Post

It is a mystery.

Last year, Apple took its first public step into a whole new product category amid a lot of criticism and snarky comments. Tablets products have been around for quite a while - and while they have always seemed to be a neat idea with lots of potential, they always turned out to be a reformatted PC, with no real niche in the real world - other than being more portable, with all the downsides that a really portable PC might have. Those existing tablets also carried the burden of also sharing the overarching evolutionary path/goal that PCs have - which is to say none. So most people were critical of Apple venturing into this very blind alley of technology.

So, Apple cut out a bunch of the dead-end features, tapped into its "closed" but very open-ended development platform and App base and presented the iPad. Nobody, not even Apple seemed to know if it would work out. It seems that it did - at least for 90% of people who never could quite fit themselves into the PC world and make the PC a value add contributor to their life.

The mystery to me is, "Why cannot any of these other companies do the same?" Why didn't they? Where are all the announcements and visions of the future of computing for the real world? All the "roadmaps" I see are pretty bleak (almost 100% technical) and are seemingly based on Moore's Law, which is just updates and upgrades of yesterday. Tools making more tools, faster.

Making tools is fine if you are selling to businesses. From a marketing view, that is like shooting fish in a barrel - and surprisingly, the fish love it. Enhancing peoples lives is a much harder proposition - but as Apple has shown, it does have a monetary upside. These companies have some incredible talent working in them - it seems they should be able to do better - or even something different.

I prefer to be treated like a person, not a customer, not a client, not a user (with or without the drug double entendre ). It is a mystery to me why so many companies do not do this and continue to addict and not enable.

Very well stated. Well done.
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #105 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

the iPad 2 is just a copy cat product - and Apple shamelessly claims that it is better in every way than the iPad that Apple sold last year - oh wait, can you copy cat yourself? and if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery then a lot of folks in the tech world have been flattering themselves a bit too much - oh wait there I go again, can you flatter yourself? (and if you do, will you go blind?)

See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #106 of 206
Did I just read that a high ranking Samsung executive used "Inadequate" and "Galaxy Tab" in the same sentence? =)

This is either a horrible verbal gaffe or some Engrish mangled misinterpretation. Regardless, any executive of a company should really learn how to stay on message.
post #107 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Mouse I am the as honest as they get because unlike you I just don't walk around sucking Steve Jobs nut sack.

I didn't realize that Mouse was that close to Steve... I'm jealous!

As for Extreme he seems to be very concerned about people sucking male genitalia and items shoved up the male posterior.... not that there is anything wrong with that... I think...

... hmmmmmm
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #108 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Flash is already "gone," in that sense. No matter how they improve the performance over the next few years, and no matter if they somehow manage to integrate touch events into the standard Flash repertoire, it's already dead. The twitching half-dead corpse will take a while to finally breathe it's last and a bit longer to decompose, but nothing on earth can save it now.

Calling Dr. Herbert West

post #109 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I didn't realize that Mouse was that close to Steve... I'm jealous!

As for Extreme he seems to be very concerned about people sucking male genitalia and items shoved up the male posterior.... not that there is anything wrong with that... I think...

... hmmmmmm

He will make the argument that you need to try it before expressing your opinion.
post #110 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowThat2 View Post

No need to wait for Samsung 10.1 when you can get Motorola Xoom with much better spec then iPad2.

Because Honeycomb is buggy and still not ready for tablets.
Read the review at Neowin.net.
I guess that extra 1GB of RAM didnt make things so smooth for Honeycomb.
post #111 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowThat2 View Post

No need to wait for Samsung 10.1 when you can get Motorola Xoom with much better spec then iPad2.
Xoom has additional HDMI support over Samsung 10.1, otherwise Samsung looks comparable.
Here is the breakdown of Xoom/Samsung(No HDMI for Samsung) vs iPad2

I have Motorola Xoom and loving it and iPad2 is still huge downgrad from Xoom.
-No USB!!!
(Some will argue that support comes with dock, so not only you spend extra for dock, for hdmi dongle etc but you have to carry that crap all the time with you)
(Some will argue what use usb for!!!,
USB on the Xoom is good for tethering as I don't have 3G/4G on a tablet when my phone will be able to do that, but goot to have 3g/4g capability as backup so no need to spend extra for upgrdage )
(Some will also argue for wireless tether, but then your battery gets killed that way for both devices)
-No Flash, (for tablet, you need this for full desktop browsing experience which is coming in March)
-No SD Slot,so if memory gets full, spend extra money for new iPad LOL
(with all this HD video ability, you are going to run out of space fast on an iPad )
-No 4G support for iPad2 (Need new iPad3 for that,spend more money on i*!!!, LOL)
(Verizon will have 70% 4G coverage by end of year)
-No Widgets which are much more usable for tablets.
-RAM is only 256 or 512MB for iPad2 compared to 1GB for Xoom.(This may limit/control future iOS upgrade for sure)
(I think gaming is going to be a big thing on both the iPad and any Honeycomb tablet and you surely need bigger ram for that)
(The iPad2 has as much ram as the original Droid, which is 2 years old... ancient in the tech world)
-Display resolution inferior to Xoom and same as iPad1
-Extra money for HDMI dongle while is is part of Xoom
(Yes you will spend extra $40 for hdmi dongle and have to carry with you OR some fanboy will ask what is the use of HDMI LOL)
(HDMI out is huge for presentations, movie/tv show watching. A ton of people will use this, and unfortunately cough up the extra $40 to do it. )
-No WiFi hotspot like Xoom
-Heck, Xoom has dual flash LED for night shots.

Everyone talks about apps, but seems to ignore that ipad was out about a year ago and honeycomb came out only few weeks ago.
Within no time most of the android apps will be upgraded by developers to use for tablet OS.
Apple fanboys made similar argument for apps when Droid came out first time.

All features like dual core processor, front/rear camera, Gyro, HDMI, USB, Flash support,
Widget support, 1GB RAM,SD Card slot to expand memory,4G support, better resolution display are already part of Xoom.

Here is the kicker!!!
Wifi only 32GB Xoom is $60 cheaper. Yes it will be only $539 compared to $599 for 32GB WiFi only iPad2, LOL

You sure are a happy kid
Your keyboard must be having issues as the autocorrect doesn't seem to work (as claimed) if you are using a xoom to watch all this.

Happy home screening

On the other note: Moto must be feeling lonely ..... at that price point.
post #112 of 206
Apple should do a fake keynote sometime!

Steve Jobs would get on stage and talk about an upcoming product which is due to ship in the future, and we all know as soon as he's done talking, the competitors will immediately get to work in copying the design and specs of the product. Like a bunch of monkeys, they copy, they don't innovate.

Then a couple of months later, Apple has another keynote, and Steve Jobs says that they were only kidding, and this is really what our product is going to look like. It would be hilarious and it would cost the competitors many millions of dollars of wasted money in their attempts to copy something that turns out to be not the actual product with bogus specs.
post #113 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

He will make the argument that you need to try it before expressing your opinion.

Every time Skater hears the phrase, "race to the bottom", he gets excited... it means an entirely different thing to him...
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #114 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Apple should do a fake keynote sometime!

Steve Jobs would get on stage and talk about an upcoming product which is due to ship in the future, and we all know as soon as he's done talking, the competitors will immediately get to work in copying the design and specs of the product. Like a bunch of monkeys, they copy, they don't innovate.

Then a couple of months later, Apple has another keynote, and Steve Jobs says that they were only kidding, and this is really what our product is going to look like. It would be hilarious and it would cost the competitors many millions of dollars of wasted money in their attempts to copy something that turns out to be not the actual product with bogus specs.

I think they accomplish the same effect through leaks and certain patent applications.
post #115 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Yeah but unlike most of the guys on this forum I do that to women that don't need to be blown up.

yea but can you not answer how flash-based input interactivity on .swfs can work on touch-based systems
post #116 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

It is just a big iPod Touch. I still hold to that comment. Unlike many of you I like the iPad because it is a toy. Listen to music, play games, surf the net and watch videos. If I wanted to do something productive I have to use a MBP because the iPad simply does not support the software I use. Which is the case for most people.

Mouse I am the as honest as they get because unlike you I just don't walk around sucking Steve Jobs nut sack. You are a bias fanboy wuss which doesn't make you honest. Just because you love everything that Apple makes and bash everything else doesn't make you honest in fact it's quite the opposite.

People like you bash Google, Microsoft and everyone else when 99% of the time you haven't even touched their products or services. That doesn't make you honest. At least when I have something negative to say I make an effort to use the product first. My opinion of the iPad still stand its a toy.

Just because it has sold to millions doesn't mean its some great productivity device. If its such a great educational tool like Steve Jobs says then why doesn't it get an educational discount like all other Apple products that are seen as educational tools? Love to hear your answer on that one.

You are one of the most bias people on this forum it's beyond a joke for you to try and call anyone else out on being honest.

What gets me about commentary like this is this: why aren't you banging your spoon against your tin pan and screaming 'xoom is just a big droid'?

There is precious little intellectual honestly in arguments like 'it's just a bigger <x>' - all that really tells us is you've found a convenient way to dismiss something that you'd rather not acknowledge. But if truth be told, sometimes the entire experience is changed because the device affordances have changed. And guess what? Size is an affordance.

The absurdity of your argument is really clear if you start applying it to other products. "Hey, an SUV is just a bigger hatchback." "Hey, a 737 is just a bigger Cessna". "Hey, a 52 inch TV is just a bigger 25 inch TV" - you can go on and on and on, and there will be one commonality among every example: each is utterly banal and carries within it not even the hint of a thoughtful examination.

Even if these devices really were just 'bigger iPod touches' (which is factually incorrect to begin with), that analysis would still not form the basis of a reasonable argument.
post #117 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowThat2 View Post

Everyone talks about apps, but seems to ignore that ipad was out about a year ago and honeycomb came out only few weeks ago.
Within no time most of the android apps will be upgraded by developers to use for tablet OS.
Apple fanboys made similar argument for apps when Droid came out first time.

And there are still about 2x more apps for the iPhone than there are for Android. In fact, since the droid was released, there have been more new apps released for the iPhone than Android by a rate of about 300,000 to 200,000. Android isn't closing the gap in number of apps, Apple is expanding the lead in total number of apps available.
post #118 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

lol... mean talk about spinning the truth...

you do realize, you have to ship it back to motorola to get the "4G" to work right? The Xoom is not shipped with 4G. That is after you fork the 800 for not one native app...lol. So i guess you might be sitting around playing with the Honeycomy UI-ey. Yea! a custom lock screen! And exactly how fast is this "4G"? Is it 100 Mbit/s? or 10-15 Mbit/s? That's not even 3.5G, more like 3.15G man.

Which network supplies 100 Mbits/s? Until then the Xoom and Sprint are only 3G+

Easy tiger - 4G seems to be very competitive upgrade when it gets more widely rolled out. And you'll only have to wait one week for your Xoom to return with the 4G upgrade.

Analyst say that the Xoom is the first true competitor for the iPad and it will truly shine someday when apps get written for it. Some geeks will buy it now because they're geeks and can wait for someday. The only danger i see is that the non-geeks who do not know any better will buy it and have a sub-par experience, especially when they use it next to their friends or families ipad running garageband, imovie, etc.

Those non-geeks will remember their crappy experience and here-in lies the biggest problem that not many are talking about - > All these companies flooding the market with half-baked andriod products are causing harm to their brand. I guess they know that and are making a conscious choice to get in the market as soon as possible and at all costs.

There may be a significant backlash and drop over the longer haul for these brands. Time will tell how it all shakes out and whether or not Xoom will cause their client base to go boom as in blowed up and tattered, or boom as in booming success.
post #119 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinney View Post

I think they accomplish the same effect through leaks and certain patent applications.

Yeah, that's probably true.

The CEO's of the competitors probably visit Apple rumor sites more often than we do. It's the first bookmark in their browser.

post #120 of 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urinal Mint View Post

Anyone who's in the market for a specifically Android tablet isn't going to be concerned with a tenth of an inch - they want the internal hardware (CPU/GPU) upgrades.

Anything else you're willing to compromise on? Build quality? Display quality? OS that works?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple's iPad 2 prompts Samsung to improve 'inadequate' parts of Galaxy Tab 10.1