or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › TRIM Support already in Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 Build 10j3210

TRIM Support already in Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 Build 10j3210

post #1 of 4
Hello folks.

I've just got my new MacBook Pro Sandy Bridge BTO, which was equipped with an SSD drive and this is what I found in the System Profiler. We don't need to wait for Lion, the special build that new Sandy Bridge MacBook Pro's have already support TRIM in Snow Leopard!

post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post

Hello folks.

I've just got my new MacBook Pro Sandy Bridge BTO, which was equipped with an SSD drive and this is what I found in the System Profiler. We don't need to wait for Lion, the special build that new Sandy Bridge MacBook Pro's have already support TRIM in Snow Leopard!

System Profiler is telling you that the drive supports TRIM.
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

System Profiler is telling you that the drive supports TRIM.

Actually, if you have a drive that supports TRIM on any other OS version, including 10.6.6 prior to the build specific to these new MacBook Pros, System Profiler still says "no".
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Actually, if you have a drive that supports TRIM on any other OS version, including 10.6.6 prior to the build specific to these new MacBook Pros, System Profiler still says "no".

True.

That's exactly why I was impressed and I wanted to share this with all of you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › TRIM Support already in Mac Os X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 Build 10j3210