or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple ships over 1 million MacBook Airs in new notebook's first quarter

Apple ships over 1 million MacBook Airs in new notebook's first quarter - Page 3

post #81 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

I already gave you the spec sheet via a link. Can you not read it?

You gave a link that backed up mine and other peoples point, not yours. Again, if you think that Apple did not use any of ARMs designs to create their modified chip then prove it. If you think they did license from ARM but are using some other ARM design, like the Cortex-A15 (your only other choice) then prove it.
post #82 of 195
Quote:

What you really wanted to do was try to prove some point without having any clue what point I was trying to make. Then follow it up with a useless comment about stocks.

The point I was making is Apple would never use the current A9 because the A5 while based off the same design already has several advantages over the A9 when it comes to system architecture. The A5 is a lower cost chip, it is 33% more energy efficient and has far better GPU performance and a smaller footprint compared to the most common A9 the Nvidia Tegra 2.

The Tegra 2 being the chip most do their benching from. So seem like a very valid point to me.

Even Nvidia is going to be moving to the Tegra 3 which is the Quad core verions of the A9 and even working on a version that will support 3D displays.

So based on that I think it's pretty safe to say Apple is never going to use two year old technology in their iPad. Even if Apple decided at some point to use a Quad core design by then the A9 is going to be a bit long in the tooth and there will most likely be a better option.

Not sure how any of that doesn't sound reasonable.

Its clear you dont know what ARM does. They design chips that they license. These designs are built by others. Regardless of what you think the A4 and A5 is because Apple tweaked it and Samsung produced it, they are still ARM Cortex.

Would you say that Google isnt using WebKIt for their browser engine because they replaced the default JS engine with their own V8? I surely hope not.
post #83 of 195
Quote:

I never said that Apples A5 was not ARM's design of course I knew it was based off the ARM. The point I was making if you read the post above is its has added advantages over the A9. Apple was never going to use the A9 that is current used by Nvidia with their Tegra 2.

Not sure what you are attempting to argue about.

Who said that Apple was going to use "the A9 that is current used by Nvidia with their Tegra 2. The fact remains, whether you want to accept it or not that Apples A4 and A5 can only be based on the ARMs A8 and A9. respectively.

Why you are arguing the point? Do you really need Jobs to spell it out for before you believe it? Damn fanboys.
post #84 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebergh View Post

Excuse me, but I just don't see how backlit keyboards are so important... My MBP 15 has one and my wife's new MBA 13 doesn't (BEST designed laptop I have EVER used) yet I can't see ANY difference when using the two keyboards. But then, I am a "touch typist".... I don't look at the keys while I type.

Way back in the dark ages before "computers" and desktop publishing I learned how to type on those strange things called "typewriters", and God help you if you tried to use them while looking at the keys! You either typed at less than 5 words a minute or you had a metal rats nest of keys to contend with... you HAD to learn where the "home keys" are (that's what those bumps are for on the H and J keys BTW).

Is there some secret advantage to a keyboard with backlighting that I have missed?? Other than amusing my cats? Try typing all day long on it, and eventually you too will know where the darn keys are without looking, and will be able to type in the shadows!

PS: Please don't take the sarcasm above personally, i am obviously having a bad day... must be an overdose of inappropriate technology. My most sincere apologies...

if you use the computer in the dark, you open it up and need to type a password that contains numbers or special characters. This is difficult to do without the backlight as the display doesn't really generate enough light to see the numbers. I touch type but find it easy to make mistakes typing in numbers in this situation.

Edit: I see they may have solved this without requiring the backlighting.
post #85 of 195
Quote:

Seeing the iPad will never have the Cortex-A9 I would say both of you are incorrect. The iPad 2 will have the A5 which is not just another name for the A9.

No need to believe me on this one.

http://www.arm.com/products/processo...ex-a/index.php

Apple's A5 and the A5 on the site you linked refer to two entirely different things. THe A4 had a single cortex-A8 core. Apple's A5 almost certainly is based on the cortex-a9.
post #86 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by alandail View Post

if you use the computer in the dark, you open it up and need to type a password that contains numbers or special characters. This is difficult to do without the backlight as the display doesn't really generate enough light to see the numbers. I touch type but find it easy to make mistakes typing in numbers in this situation.

I can see what you mean, but as a "deal killer"? Nah, If the new MBA had been available when I bought my my MBP last year to replace my iMac G5 which was dying bigtime... I would have gotten the MBA without hesitation. I get to use my wife's Air "occasionally" and think it's faster and more comfortable to use than my MBP 15. I can't find a thing about it to complain or quibble about, except that it's HER machine and not mine! It's the wave of the future for sure!
post #87 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Not for most MacBook Air uses that consider the MBA a fashion accessory....

That may be true for some small percentage of MBA owners, but it's a colossal overstatement to use that broad brush to paint "most MacBook Air uses" that way.

The real issue is that, by the time most people that have a MBA with only 2GB realize they might not have enough memory, it's too late to fix the problem. If RAM on the MBA were upgradeable, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the 2GB default.

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

post #88 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by zunx View Post

Apple should make a really portable MacBook Air:

- 400 to 600 g.
- 5 to 7-inch screen.
- Pocketable.

The ultimate Keynote and PowerPoint presentation tool!

Wow, what an utterly horrendous sounding device. No, they shouldn't. Do some of you just spout random shit without actually taking 30 seconds to think about it 1st? Apple would be out of business with suggestions like this. Full OS X on a 5-7 in screen? Really? At what resolution?? A 5-7' physical keyboard? Apple has made it clear they won't produce anything that uses a less than full size keyboard, which makes sense. Your described device just sounds like a nightmare to actually use, which is why UMPCs died a quick and violent death.
post #89 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbapou View Post

When do you think they will refresh the Air? I want one but need a faster CPU. I understand the SSD drive makes it "look" fast, but I need a more powerfull machine.

I understand your need for speed! The thing is AIR is relatively new and Apple has several other platforms in need of upgrades. Plus I'm not sure Intel really has an ideal upgrade path yet, rumor has it that we could see new Sandy Bridge chips later in the year.

Of course no body knows for sure what Apple is up to. However one thing they might try to target is back to school. It seem like something always happens for back to school.
post #90 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTel View Post

I wonder what Apple will call them once iOS supplants OSX

That would be the most stupid thing Apple could do! Replacing a real productive OS (OSX) with an entertainment OS (iOS) on real computers would be the worst move Apple could make. iOS is simply not open enough and flexible enough to be used for real work.. and before someone says otherwise, i'm sure video producers will be ditching there pc's for iMovie on iOS real soon now..
post #91 of 195
It really isn't something you can argue about. AIRs are very snappy for the majority of users simply because very few users are running apps that are CPU bound for any length of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logisticaldron View Post

It doesn't just look faster, it is faster. That SSD isn't an illusion of the drive being faster than a HDD, it is absolutely faster.

They are faster for many users but they are a very long way from being absolutely faster.
Quote:
If the small form factor ultra low voltage CPUs they are using now aren't powerful enough for your needs why expect the next generation MBAs to be powerful enough for your needs, especially when you haven't stated what those needs are?

That is pretty simple isn't it? Think about it the processor and GPU are now a couple of generations old. All Apple really needs is for intel to release, in volume, a suitable Sandy Bridge derived chip. Given the process shrinks and architecture improvements we could see very strong performance increases across all AIR models.

Considering what we are seeing with the 13" MBP, performance delta wise, it would be smart to wait if one is not in a rush.
post #92 of 195
Quote:

It doesn't just look faster, it is faster. That SSD isn't an illusion of the drive being faster than a HDD, it is absolutely faster.

I had the original HD MBA and upgraded to the SSD model a year later. The difference in speed was incredible. Just upgraded again to the 11" MBA and love it. It starts up, launches apps and saves faster than my MacPro at work. I am really considering installing an SSD into the MacPro after seeing it in action on the Air.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #93 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Wow, what an utterly horrendous sounding device. No, they shouldn't. Do some of you just spout random shit without actually taking 30 seconds to think about it 1st? Apple would be out of business with suggestions like this. Full OS X on a 5-7 in screen? Really? At what resolution?? A 5-7' physical keyboard? Apple has made it clear they won't produce anything that uses a less than full size keyboard, which makes sense. Your described device just sounds like a nightmare to actually use, which is why UMPCs died a quick and violent death.

It seems that you did not get it. It is NOT to work on the device. Just make the presentation on a standard Mac, move it to the pocketable Mac via USB PenDrive and use the pocketable Mac for the videopresentation with a USB-based wireless remote control. That is! Instead of carrying 2 kg of laptop and accessories, you just carry 400 to 600 g (or so) on your pocket. For people giving lots of videopresentations, that is fantastic.
post #94 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebergh View Post

Excuse me, but I just don't see how backlit keyboards are so important... My MBP 15 has one and my wife's new MBA 13 doesn't (BEST designed laptop I have EVER used) yet I can't see ANY difference when using the two keyboards. But then, I am a "touch typist".... I don't look at the keys while I type.

Way back in the dark ages before "computers" and desktop publishing I learned how to type on those strange things called "typewriters", and God help you if you tried to use them while looking at the keys! You either typed at less than 5 words a minute or you had a metal rats nest of keys to contend with... you HAD to learn where the "home keys" are (that's what those bumps are for on the H and J keys BTW).

Is there some secret advantage to a keyboard with backlighting that I have missed?? Other than amusing my cats? Try typing all day long on it, and eventually you too will know where the darn keys are without looking, and will be able to type in the shadows!

PS: Please don't take the sarcasm above personally, i am obviously having a bad day... must be an overdose of inappropriate technology. My most sincere apologies...

No offense taken. I have just become used to it when typing late at night, and the times I turned it off, it was harder sometimes to find the keys. I also have my brightness turned way down to conserve battery.
post #95 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmf2 View Post

If Air is an adjective, why did you capitalize it? Shouldn't you be saying "MacBook air" if air is merely an adjective? The only reason to capitalize it is if it is part of the name.

The term MacBook Air is a proper noun (a name) and the s goes at the end. I can't believe this was actually debated.

More important, the Macbook Air, amongst others, is an Apple trademark.

Quote:
Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, MacBook Air, iPad, Multi-Touch, MacBook, FaceTime, iPhone, iPod touch, iTunes, Time Capsule, MobileMe, iDisk, iPod, Snow Leopard, iLife, iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Apple Store and SuperDrive are trademarks of Apple.*

Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, Power Mac, iMac, iSight, iTunes, iPhoto, SuperDrive, AirPort, FireWire, iLife, Apple Store and AirPort Express are trademarks of Apple.

Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Mac OS, Macintosh, iBookstore, iPad, iBooks, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple.**

* http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/10/20mba.html

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2005/oct/12imac.html
** http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2011...ndomhouse.html
post #96 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

The real issue is that, by the time most people that have a MBA with only 2GB realize they might not have enough memory, it's too late to fix the problem. If RAM on the MBA were upgradeable, I wouldn't have as much of an issue with the 2GB default.

If and when that happens, I'll sell the computer and buy another one. It's not the big deal many make it out to be.
post #97 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearless View Post

I want a MacBook Air but I'll wait til the first revision to have a Thunderbolt port. I need to be able to access decent video files, ProRes and bigger (not edit them especially, just deal with media) and the idea of having to buy an MBP just to get that is stopping me in my tracks. So please. Thunderbolt on the Air, soon!

Don't worry. The next generation will have a Tbolt port. And bigger SSDs, and a higher resolution screen and a sim slot for 4G. And quad core processors and a longer battery life.
post #98 of 195
My first two MBAs had the backlit keyboard, the new 11" doesn't. Most of the time I have no problem without it, but there are times when I wish it had it. Not really a problem, though.

post #99 of 195
Originally Posted by John.B
---
If and when that happens, I'll sell the computer and buy another one. It's not the big deal many make it out to be.
---

Have never not had enough RAM on my Airs. MacsBooks Airs. Or whatever.

post #100 of 195
Quote:

- 400 to 600 g.
- 5 to 7-inch screen.
- Pocketable.

That is where iPad 2 comes in. I don't know about pocketable though, thats what an iPhone is for. but iPad handles Keynote and PowerPoint very well. The entire iWork bundle is incredible on the iPad.

Apple increments product features one bite at a time...hence the logo. Want the next big thing? You're gonna have to pick another fruit from the Apple Tree.

Apple increments product features one bite at a time...hence the logo. Want the next big thing? You're gonna have to pick another fruit from the Apple Tree.

post #101 of 195
Bought a 4GB version for the wife at Christmas and then for myself for work. Couldn't be happier with this incredible machine.
post #102 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoo View Post

Not that I think Apple will do it, but IMO the whitebook is more suited for a lower price like 799.

Apple already sells a portable computing device in that price range, aka the iPad. As the iPad gains horsepower and more useful apps, the need for an $800 laptop simply isn't there. And while the base MacBook Air is likely going to remain in around its current price range, it will get progressively faster and as it does, will become enough computer for a progressively larger segment.

As a result, the whitebook will be rendered pointless.

The interesting question is, will the MacBook Pros become so capable that they will effectively render the use of Mac Pros pointless for so many that Apple will simply stop making them. Already the MacBook Pros are comparable in performance to top-end Apple desktops of a recent vintage. Thunderbolt further opens up possibilities by providing some rather impressive connectivity options and affordability is certainly there. Also making it more likely that in time laptops will take over is that solid-state drives promise speed that would not be possible with older technology.

And what of Apple's other desktop offerings, i.e. the Mini and the iMac.

What I see happening is that there will be less distinguishing the Air and Pro laptops as we move along with additional performance being the main difference between models. The Mac Pro will be retired. No idea what is in store for the other desktop offerings.
post #103 of 195
I thought the latest MBPs were going to be more like the MBA. Boy was I wrong. So I picked up a brand new 2010 model MBP at a discount. No way I'm having Intel-only graphics in my Mac ever, ever again. And an SSD will make the most difference for me as opposed to 2x CPU power... I think.
post #104 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by John.B View Post

That may be true for some small percentage of MBA owners, but it's a colossal overstatement to use that broad brush to paint "most MacBook Air uses" that way.

It's unlikely that any one with any sense to them would buy a MBA to do the sort of heavy lifting that would make the included base RAM inadequate.

If you need more than 2GB, what you also need is more computer than the MBA. In other words, you really should be looking at a MacBook Pro, all of which come in base form with 4GB of RAM.

The base 13" MacBook Pro is less expensive than the base 13" Air, so if specific performance needs are the issue, clearly the Air is not the way to go. If a capable machine with excellent portability is what you want, then the Air makes sense. But if you need more horsepower, it's not the bang-for-the-buck choice even within the Apple range.

In short, if you find after the fact that 2GB of RAM is causing a problem, you probably shouldn't have bought an Air in the first place.
post #105 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercommunist View Post

Yup yup yup yup yup

I'm pretty sure my next computer will be a Sandy Bridge ULV MBA with 4GB RAM, probably 13".

Yes, I know the onboard video will be comparatively sucky, but I don't care. It'll be a nice machine for Safari / Pages / MS Office / FileMaker Pro / Ruby web development / MAME.

Also, props to my current MacBook 2,1 (2006), which still feels nice to use. It's the first time that I've had a computer hold up so well for 5 years, despite my regular regimen of abuse

Exactly same situation for me. I have a 2006 Macbook 2,1 and plan on upgrading to a Sandy Bridge MBA when/if that comes out... Amazing that in the 4+ years I've had this laptop that it does everything I need nearly as good as everything out there... With 3GB of ram and an SSD in this Macbook, new computers aren't really that big of an upgrade....
post #106 of 195
Quote:

We all know the A5 is a modified version of the A9. No different then what Apple did with the A8 when they modified it to their A4, a modified version of the ARM Cortex A8 "Hummingbird".

Now that weve gotten you to admit that much, now you can go back and realize that my comment about Cortex-A9 is correct and your comment about Apple will never ever ever ever ever use any Cortex-A9 designs from ARM is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

I had the original HD MBA and upgraded to the SSD model a year later. The difference in speed was incredible. Just upgraded again to the 11" MBA and love it. It starts up, launches apps and saves faster than my MacPro at work. I am really considering installing an SSD into the MacPro after seeing it in action on the Air.

I cant wait until they add those mini-PCIe SSD cards to to the other MBPs. As much as i like the MBA it will likely never fit my needs so long as a notebook is my primary computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I thought the latest MBPs were going to be more like the MBA. Boy was I wrong. So I picked up a brand new 2010 model MBP at a discount. No way I'm having Intel-only graphics in my Mac ever, ever again. And an SSD will make the most difference for me as opposed to 2x CPU power... I think.

Im sure it will once they give it a make over. I think the only external change for these new MBPs are making the DisplayPort icon into a Thunderbolt icon.
post #107 of 195
Well, what do you know?

If you produce a decent product at a realistic price, it'll sell.

Compare this to the first generation MacBook Air I think it's clear that Apple got the pricing wrong on that...
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
post #108 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbonner View Post

I have had a few friends purchase and they love them. Lighted keyboard was a deal breaker for me.

You can turn the keyboard illumination off in System Preferences> Keyboard.
post #109 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

Well, what do you know?

If you produce a decent product at a realistic price, it'll sell.

Compare this to the first generation MacBook Air I think it's clear that Apple got the pricing wrong on that...

And yet their competitors were selling at higher prices and getting even less profit. Funny how sybit was wrong after 3.5 years of technology evolution having a positive effect. Maybe you should look into the component costs before asserting that Apple was jut being greedy with the original MBA price. How much was the original unibody case to build 4 years ago? How much was a 1.8" 64GB SSD 4 years ago compared to the 64GB SSD ard Apple has made for the new MBAs? You see where I'm going with this?
post #110 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macintosh84 View Post

You can turn the keyboard illumination off in System Preferences> Keyboard.

The dealbreaker wasnt having an illuminated keyboard he couldnt turn off, the dealbreaker was the new MBAs not having an illuminated keyboard at all.
post #111 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

We agree up to this point.

MacBook is a noun. Air is used as an adjective. The noun gets the 's' and the adjective doesn't.

I want a 15" MacBook Air.

"How many different MacBook Pros does Apple have in its catalog?" That question sounds okay to me. Oh, wait, am I supposed to ask "How many MacBooks Pro does Apple have in its catalog?"

It's MacBook Airs.
post #112 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlongz View Post

That is where iPad 2 comes in. I don't know about pocketable though, thats what an iPhone is for. but iPad handles Keynote and PowerPoint very well. The entire iWork bundle is incredible on the iPad.

Unfortunately the iPad fails with most PowerPoint and even Keynote presentations already made on a Mac. Not to mention on Windows. Those are facts. Even using DataViz Documents to Go.
post #113 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilcox View Post

"How many different MacBook Pros does Apple have in its catalog?" That question sounds okay to me. Oh, wait, am I supposed to ask "How many MacBooks Pro does Apple have in its catalog?"

It's MacBook Airs.

Most logical human beings would agree.

I always thought Attorneys General sounded odd. But I guess since they aren't really Generals it had to be an exception

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #114 of 195
Don't get me wrong, I love my 13" MacBook Air (2010 model, 4GB), but compared to my wife's MacBook Air (2009), the build quality leaves much to be desired.

- I don't know if Apple is using thinner aluminum for the bottom plate or what, but the bottom of the chassis flexes more and you can actually push in quite a bit and the bottom plate will give.

-My wife's MBA feels extremely solid, like it's built from a single slab of aluminum. My MBA creaks when picking it up, and sometimes if I apply too much pressure to the palmrest when typing. My wife's MBA doesn't do this.

It seems as though the .1 pound reduction in weight wasn't worth the build quality tradeoffs IMHO.

I can live without the backlit keyboard, but stuff like this worries me.
post #115 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilcox View Post

It's MacBook Airs.

Incorrect. "Air" is verb and "MacBook" is an adverb.

Example of correct usage:

"I am MacBookly Airing this document to your mother."
post #116 of 195
Quote:

Unfortunately the iPad fails with most PowerPoint and even Keynote presentations already made on a Mac. Not to mention on Windows. Those are facts. Even using DataViz Documents to Go.

This is a wild exaggeration (unless by "most" you actually mean "minority").

Just sayin.
post #117 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoo View Post

Not that I think Apple will do it, but IMO the whitebook is more suited for a lower price like 799.

I totally agree. I think Apple should keep the Whitebook around at that price point to put rest once and for all the meme that "Apple products are too expensive/overpriced". This would be particularly useful for students who need a cheap computer on which to write their papers and such (and to feed their Facebook addiction!)
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
post #118 of 195
Quote:

At least now with the iPad 2s, there is the HDMI adapter so one can probably use it to give the presentation since HDMI is somewhat more common in corporate conference rooms than are Apple TVs. Personally I'm not sure how well Keynote works with HDMI or AirPlay for that matter?

post #119 of 195
Quote:

It doesn't just look faster, it is faster. That SSD isn't an illusion of the drive being faster than a HDD, it is absolutely faster ...

To be fair, the new MacBook Air's are not really much faster than the originals, at least subjectively in day to day use. I'm writing this on an original 1st gen Air but I test, and use the new ones at work regularly also. The new ones start faster (obviously) and are (so far) more robust than the originals, but they aren't really speed demons at all.

The originals were very ... delicate, and had heat problems.

I literally don't know of anyone who owned one that didn't have it just stop working at some point for no apparent reason at all. My best friend had this happen three times despite being very careful with it and owning a custom padded case for it. Twice the motherboard simply stopped working, and the third time the drive just crapped out.

Servicing one is a nightmare, there are several delicate little wires that have to be put back "just so" or it won't start up at all, and many many screws of different lengths that can ruin the whole thing if you put them back incorrectly. For that reason, I'm almost certain that poor re-assembly by various Geniuses is the root of a many of the subsequent failures.

The reason to buy the new ones is that they have solved all these problems now. They are almost sealed units so servicing them means basically that you just get a new one (for free if you have AppleCare). Heat is no longer an issue, the motherboards seem more stable, and the delicate little hard drives have been removed as well. They aren't really that much faster, but they are much more reliable and a much better, more stable design overall IMO.
post #120 of 195
Quote:

- 400 to 600 g.
- 5 to 7-inch screen.
- Pocketable.

Oh God. No "pocket Mac". BAD!!!
What would a hypothetical pocket Mac do that an iPhone or iPod Touch cannot do? Don't say "run Mac OS X Lion". That's not a good answer. You're losing the Mac OS X experience when you use a device with a tiny screen and tinier keyboard.
Let Apple's "competitors" < > do their "pocket computer" thing in their race to the bottom.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Apple ships over 1 million MacBook Airs in new notebook's first quarter