or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › MacBook white standard one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MacBook white standard one

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Hello guys ,

i'm new on this forum.

I was looking to buy a MacBook standrad one (white skin) ... but i notice are coming new MacBook Pro ... new Ipad2 and what else more?

anyway seems apple is moving from the base all new products...


does is here any prevision about MacBook standard one (white skin) ?

need i to wait for new updates on that model?

thanks
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ispuk View Post

does is here any prevision about MacBook standard one (white skin) ?

need i to wait for new updates on that model?

I think the white one is on death row awaiting the final call. It may get one more update before Ivy Bridge though. Normally it gets updated shortly after the entry MBP update with the same specs.

Once the Macbook Air gets a quad-core chip and Thunderbolt, it's gone.
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

I think the white one is on death row awaiting the final call. It may get one more update before Ivy Bridge though. Normally it gets updated shortly after the entry MBP update with the same specs.

Once the Macbook Air gets a quad-core chip and Thunderbolt, it's gone.

When will occurrence happen in your opinion Marvin?
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

When will occurrence happen in your opinion Marvin?

Thunderbolt? Next MacBook Air update.

Quad core? The MacBook Air's next chip already exists, so if it's quad-core, so long MacBook.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Thunderbolt? Next MacBook Air update.

Quad core? The MacBook Air's next chip already exists, so if it's quad-core, so long MacBook.

They can possibly use a 4 thread chip like the following i7:

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id...ec-codes=SR03S

I don't expect quad-core low voltage chips until Ivy Bridge near the end of the year. Even with the above chip though, that would outperform a Core 2 Duo as the lower clocked i7-860M does:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/374723
http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/313457

and it's on par with the current white Macbook:

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/view/356270

It really shows how slow these C2D chips are with a score of ~3,000 when you see the 15" MBP quad-i7 scoring 11,000.

Thing is, I expected Apple to ditch the optical in the MBP and go with a redesign this time but they opted for high performance instead, which makes up for it a bit. They may choose to do the same with the white Macbook so that people get an affordable dual-core i5 with a decent amount of storage.

Right now, SSD prices haven't dropped enough to allow the entry model more than 128GB at best. I reckon the white model has another update left in it before a switch over and then the MBA will probably update near the end of the year and the white model will just be left to run out of stock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › MacBook white standard one