or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › THE GREAT RIFT between the new MBP13"/15" & MBP 15"17"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

THE GREAT RIFT between the new MBP13"/15" & MBP 15"17"

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
THE GREAT RIFT between the new MBP13"/15" & MBP 15"17"

MY 2 cents on the new MBP LINE UP is as follows .
The white plastic will become a $750 World Wide school special .

And the GREAT RIFT I am talking about is the fantastic GRAPHICS Offered on the high end 15"/17 " models
and the utter junk offered on the 13" models . and some 15 " low end models ./

Its not like Apple doe's a gradual Speed increase here . . Apple lowers the over all speed on some 13 "models and more than doubles GRAPHICS speed on the HIGH-END 15"17" MODELS .

Why o why will steve NOT get soup on this one ????

BECAUSE THE LOW END MBP 13' unibody will die very soon .

And charging in on a silver unibody horse is the MBA .

So very soon the MBA will take the low end of the pro travel market
the white plastic will either die or schools as a high mass produced item ./ The white plastic classic may get bundleds with the IPAD1 in far off countries.

MBA 11/13" light portable pure wireless play
MBP 15'17' heavy game and graphic models


QUESTION FOR MR MEL GROSS

is the 500 gb @7200 RPM faster>
than the 750gb @ 5400 RPM ????


PEACE

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

BECAUSE THE LOW END MBP 13' unibody will die very soon .

And charging in on a silver unibody horse is the MBA

I don't understand why Apple opted not to redesign the 13" MBP like the Air and essentially create a hybrid between the two. If they removed the optical drive, they could ensure the battery was enough to cope with the faster CPU while making it thinner.

It would mean losing FW800 and ethernet on a Pro machine though and that would have kicked up a fuss without having a backup in place. Thunderbolt is fine but no peripherals at launch and still no USB 3 support in the MBP.

Right now, I'd say both options aren't that appealing. The 13" MBP now has downgraded graphics since last year, a fast connection with no industry support yet but a CPU almost double the old C2D. The Macbook Air uses an older C2D and a ULV one but has faster graphics than the MBP and an SSD for $100 more.

If they'd made the 13" MBP with a dual i5, a Radeon 6490, no optical, thinner, bigger battery and an SSD, it would have been almost the best of both although you do run into a storage requirement issue. The storage could be made up with external drives though if they have USB 3 and they'd have a 256GB SSD option.
post #3 of 10
Am I the only one that sees the new MacBook Pro 13 as a fantastic machine?

I agree that everything is slowly going towards the Air styling but still... Could Apple have ripped out the optical & made way for better graphics? Maybe. But I think the 13's the dark horse in the line-up right now. There seems to be some teething issues with the 15- and 17-inch models by way of some reported hard freezes but I'm sure the Apple wizards back in Cupertino will work out those issues. I don't see anything to worry about... times are great & they're only going to get better!
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
Reply
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
Reply
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

THE GREAT RIFT between the new MBP13"/15" & MBP 15"17"

MY 2 cents on the new MBP LINE UP is as follows .
The white plastic will become a $750 World Wide school special .

And the GREAT RIFT I am talking about is the fantastic GRAPHICS Offered on the high end 15"/17 " models
and the utter junk offered on the 13" models . and some 15 " low end models ./

Its not like Apple doe's a gradual Speed increase here . . Apple lowers the over all speed on some 13 "models and more than doubles GRAPHICS speed on the HIGH-END 15"17" MODELS .

Why o why will steve NOT get soup on this one ????

BECAUSE THE LOW END MBP 13' unibody will die very soon .

And charging in on a silver unibody horse is the MBA .

So very soon the MBA will take the low end of the pro travel market
the white plastic will either die or schools as a high mass produced item ./ The white plastic classic may get bundleds with the IPAD1 in far off countries.

MBA 11/13" light portable pure wireless play
MBP 15'17' heavy game and graphic models


QUESTION FOR MR MEL GROSS

is the 500 gb @7200 RPM faster>
than the 750gb @ 5400 RPM ????


PEACE

9

I think you are wrong the MBP 13 inch will be around for another year at least.The white macbook will be defunct soon I agree with you. Not a big difference form the 2.3 to the 2.4 really.
post #5 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

I think you are wrong the MBP 13 inch will be around for another year at least.The white macbook will be defunct soon I agree with you. Not a big difference form the 2.3 to the 2.4 really.

the MBA sold one million units in a SNOW STORM

the 13" pro is a joke
crippled joke
its a os9.1 joke

the MBA GiVEN A REAL CHANCE can sell 3million @ 1/4
MBP 13 LOW END maybe can sell 600k
maybe

that s the great rift dude

apple could make a screaming 13" mbp with fast fast fastest graphic chips with no op drive and

BUT NOOOOOOO they did NOT..

SO THE high end fully loaded 15' IS FOR ME

exxxxcept

THE MODEL THey SENT ME HAD A MATTE screen

i puked

i sent it back for mr glossy hi res screen


any way thank for not ignoring me


9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #6 of 10
Eh, most folks won't ever notice a difference between the Intel GMA graphics and a Radeon chip.
post #7 of 10
The 13" MBP is the best-selling model in the line, so there's no way they could eliminate the ODD - the market isn't ready for that yet in a mainstream laptop.

Apple is all about the performance of the whole package. Last year, a C2D with 320m graphics gave the best overall experience; this year, the integrated graphics are 'good enough' to not hobble the much faster SB processor, so that's the direction they went. The 13" MBP is far from a 'joke' - Anandtech called it the biggest upgrade in the line except for gamers.
post #8 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnb2 View Post

The 13" MBP is the best-selling model in the line, so there's no way they could eliminate the ODD - the market isn't ready for that yet in a mainstream laptop.

Apple is all about the performance of the whole package. Last year, a C2D with 320m graphics gave the best overall experience; this year, the integrated graphics are 'good enough' to not hobble the much faster SB processor, so that's the direction they went. The 13" MBP is far from a 'joke' - Anandtech called it the biggest upgrade in the line except for gamers.

We sit and wait for decades and dream about a fast gaming laptop from apple

And Apple's NEW MBP high end 15' and bigger are fast gaming laptops .
I just got my 15' MBP > 2.3GHz
and Borderline play's blazing fast on all high settings .

Now looking at all the NEW MB 13" models, Everyone is saying they are slow as last yrs model .

So you may be wrong in your post dude .

Apple should create a blazing fast 13" MBP/MBA.

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post

We sit and wait for decades and dream about a fast gaming laptop from apple

And Apple's NEW MBP high end 15' and bigger are fast gaming laptops .
I just got my 15' MBP > 2.3GHz
and Borderline play's blazing fast on all high settings .

Now looking at all the NEW MB 13" models, Everyone is saying they are slow as last yrs model .

So you may be wrong in your post dude .

Apple should create a blazing fast 13" MBP/MBA.

9

Huh? Your reply made his stand out as even more true! He said the 13" MBP is great for everyone except gamers. And you said you didn't like it... as a gamer. Kinda drove his point home.
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Huh? Your reply made his stand out as even more true! He said the 13" MBP is great for everyone except gamers. And you said you didn't like it... as a gamer. Kinda drove his point home.

no way jose.

to me the new 13"MBA is the real low end MBP .

The 13 MBP" with low graphics leaves a user with a few bad apples .

With out a good chip line up
1> no resale > ne legacy >><<that 9 yrs old you may want to pass it on too will laff . >>

2>Not only is the gamers still smacked down since 1988 > So many new things are going or will be going on a strong graphics lineup is needed .

>>>>>>>

With a decent or fast graphic chip set .
1> 2 yrs from now that laptop will NOT be obsolete. Games > movies > Aperture >Final Cut Pro among others May be something some one may want to buy in 26 months . And 5 yrs from now it will still be a great machine


Buying a 13" laptop from apple right now makes no sense .Best you get the White plastic entry level or MBA OR IPAD2 for basic stuff >if that all you need . Buying a crippled machine is what you get from apple if you get the 13"MBP

My new 15" MBP 3.02 GHz 8G is screaming fast .and 4 yrs from now I will still own it.
my old used 2 graphic chip MBP 15" from 14 months ago will sell fast .Because it has fast graphic chips inside , amoung other great things.

TRY reselling apple new 13" >>>14 months from now . >>>The resell price will plummet.

huh ?? or duh ???


peace

9
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › THE GREAT RIFT between the new MBP13"/15" & MBP 15"17"