or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Inside AT&T vs Verizon iPad 2 data service plans

Inside AT&T vs Verizon iPad 2 data service plans - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Both the ATT and Verizon plans seem outrageously expensive to me.
With the wide availability of WiFi in cages, restaurants, Ubiquitous Starbucks, and in friend's homes, I do not really feel the need for cell data service for my iPad. on the other hand, the Virgin Modile prepay MiFi comes out cheaper than having an integral cell device in my iPad. And, their plan can be turn on or off as needed. for example, if you are going on a trip and wnt the serve, you can turn it on just for that month.
post #42 of 42
Hey everyone... for those looking to transfer your unlimited data plan to your new iPad 2 it was rather easy...

Go to the iPad Landing page on AT&T's website https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

Then enter the email and password you use for your account.

Next click on Edit User & Payment Information. You will see your current iPad's IMEI and ICCID. Click on update information. Enter the new information from your new iPad 2 and follow the prompts.

Once the information was updated it took just a couple of minutes and now my new iPad 2 has the unlimited plan. My old iPad will now let me sign up for a new plan using the current plans available (wife thought she was getting my unlimited plan)... and to think I didn't need to spend time on the phone. The only issue I have seen is that the old iPad as the same cellular number...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Inside AT&T vs Verizon iPad 2 data service plans