or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Question regarding WiFi connection (2010 macbook pro)

Question regarding WiFi connection (2010 macbook pro)

post #1 of 5
i just have a quick mac OSX question regrading wireless internet connections.

I have a 2010 macbook pro and when i close it, i lose my wifi connection. Then when i open it up i have to wait several seconds before it connects again.

Is there any way to keep my wifi connection activated while the laptop is closed?

I appreciate the help.
post #2 of 5
If you mean stopping it going to sleep, you need to put it in clamshell mode by plugging in a USB keyboard/mouse.
post #3 of 5
I used a software solution in the past, InsomniaX. Try the software solutions mentioned at this site: http://onsoftware.en.softonic.com/5-...r-mac-sleeping
post #4 of 5
Try Caffeine, it keeps your MBP's motherboard and HD awake (spinning), and prevents your screen from dimming. Also when you close the lid/screen. When you activate it (with one click in the menubar) it overrides your System Preferences settings (Energy Saver). It is toggled with a mini icon in the right hand side of your menubar.

Convenient for when you e.g. need your MBP to do hours of rendering, or of uninterrupted up- or downloading large files, etc.: you can simply close the lid while it continues doing its assigned jobs, instead of going to sleep, halting all processes in mid-stream, and interrupting connections after its preset time has passed.
I would suggest to use Caffeine only when your MBP is connected to the charger.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcet Scientist View Post

Try Caffeine, it keeps your MBP's motherboard and HD awake (spinning), and prevents your screen from dimming. Also when you close the lid/screen. When you activate it (with one click in the menubar) it overrides your System Preferences settings (Energy Saver). It is toggled with a mini icon in the right hand side of your menubar.

Convenient for when you e.g. need your MBP to do hours of rendering, or of uninterrupted up- or downloading large files, etc.: you can simply close the lid while it continues doing its assigned jobs, instead of going to sleep, halting all processes in mid-stream, and interrupting connections after its preset time has passed.
I would suggest to use Caffeine only when your MBP is connected to the charger.

I guess you are a second hand comedian
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Question regarding WiFi connection (2010 macbook pro)