or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Up to 20% of original iPad buyers predicted to upgrade to Apple's iPad 2

Up to 20% of original iPad buyers predicted to upgrade to Apple's iPad 2 - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Id be surprised if it was as low as 20%, it depends on how many people are early adopters and the secondary market.

Im upgrading to an ipad 2 & i have ipad 1. People are begging me for my ipad 1.
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Why? When they can go just about anywhere and get a new iPad 1 for 100.00 off any model.

But you cant necessarily....
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I was thinking mainly about the ridiculous rumors of the Ipad2 having a retina display. I can't believe that anybody actually fell for that one. Sadly, quite a few people did.

That is a screen that doubles linear resolution for 4X more pixels. The resultant resolution really isn't that high for today's tech. What would be high is the price.

In any event I think it is a mistake to phrase things the way you have. It isn't a question of falling for anything. Such screens can be manufactured today, so in this sense no wishful thinking is going on.

To look at this another way, some people where called crazy when they suggested that the new iPad would be dual core with vastly improved GPU performance. Yet that is pretty much what iPad2 delivers. So what Apple has done is to begin shipment of the first Cortex A9 derived SoC even though many said it couldn't happen.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stourque View Post

Adamsky sees the global market at 50 million units and apple to supply 28 million of those?

That does seem like a low ball number and frankly Apple is already shipping that number mire or less. IPad 2 is a very significant upgrade thus I believe sales will start out strong and remain so for some time. By the way I believe a lot more than 20% will upgrade, especially after seeing the performance improvements. Then you have all the people that really liked iPad 1 but where put off by it's limitations, limitations that are largely gone now.
Quote:
Does he actually think some else will supply 22 million? Whoa, shakin my head in disbelief. He certainly has a lot more faith in these other mystery suppliers than I do. (he must be referring to units shipped)

Well Android is a failure here but that doesn't mean that HP might not pull a rabitvout of the hat. Even if HP's tablet is technically good it will likely take them a good portion of a year to overcome inertia. Plus there is the issue of infrastructure. given all of that I have to agree Apples percentage of sales will remain significant through out 2011.

On an annual basis Apple is apparently doing well over 24 million so where this low ball number comes from is a puzzle. Especially considering the vastly improved nature of iPad2. They could be selling 750,000 a week for some time.

By the way these numbers are huge. Not many can claim the sale of that many computers a month, that is for one model.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Up to 20% of original iPad buyers predicted to upgrade to Apple's iPad 2
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Up to 20% of original iPad buyers predicted to upgrade to Apple's iPad 2