or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why Is It So Easy for Rose and O’Keefe? AKA Where is the real news?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Is It So Easy for Rose and O’Keefe? AKA Where is the real news?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
National Review

Quote:
With creativity, initiative, a serious dose of moxie, and minimal investment in cheap technology, theyve been instrumental in among other things shaming Planned Parenthood and providing a huge boost to the effort to defund Americas primary abortion mill (Lila), defunding ACORN (James and Hannah Giles), and now shaming NPR and claiming the jobs of its senior executives (James).

And it hasnt even been that difficult. Indeed, as Lila has noted before, she obtained horrifying footage in the first two Planned Parenthood clinics she visited. She didnt visit dozens and then find the one or two willing to violate the law. The legal violations were the rule rather than the exception. The same thing applied to James and Hannahs ACORN sting.

As noted, it isn't as if these named people are some sort of incredible journalists or once in a generation sting artists. It is as if the entities they are investigating are so lazy and dealing with such a compliant media that they simply don't know any better than to shut their mouth or attempt to disguise their wrong doing. Five million dollar anonymous donations, of course we can discuss such things and even a history of such things because, well no one in the media will care to cause a storm looking into it.

Even now, I mean the lid has been cracked and most of the liberal media complex just sits there, reading their talking points from their press releases and having the paid talking heads engage in endless hours of analysis. Is it any wonder there isn't a media outlet, even Fox News, that isn't losing viewers? News that doesn't want to investigate or provide any information doesn't have much cause to be watched or listened to at all.

Hey media outlets, the federal government is engaging in 3.8 TRILLION dollars in spending. Think there might be a little bit of graft, waste or fraud going on in that amount that would be worth looking into? We've got a few wars, acknowledged and unacknowledged going on that apparently no one cares to report on any more.

Why is all the news, be it bank fraud, climate fraud, or government fraud coming from email leaks and hackers associated with them? Can it really be so hard to find this stuff? The stuff O'keefe and others are doing isn't any harder than Dateline pedophile stings. Put a bit of bait out there and watch a dozen people bite on it like idiots.

I'm sure there's plenty of money to be made for finding and reporting on some real news. It sort of makes you wonder why it is so hard to find given that reality.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #2 of 15
No honest person would call these people journalists. They're a cross between Michael Moore and Aston Kutcher (think Punked).
post #3 of 15
Where is the real news? Where are the real consumers of news?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

No honest person would call these people journalists. They're a cross between Michael Moore and Aston Kutcher (think Punked).

Yet where is the real investigative journalism to replace them? Again it isn't even like it would be hard as evidenced by the fact that the targets of said journalism are so lazy and willing to self-incriminate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Where is the real news? Where are the real consumers of news?

You might have a point if the fake news or current news producers were getting some sort of ratings. Instead they increasingly pedal opinion and analysis as news and watch their ratings fall ever more.

Your reasoning sounds a bit like MTV replacing actual music with Jersey Shore and then complaining that no one buys music anymore.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yet where is the real investigative journalism to replace them? Again it isn't even like it would be hard as evidenced by the fact that the targets of said journalism are so lazy and willing to self-incriminate.

...

Well yea. Consider that far more time and money was spent before the 2008 election investigating Palin compared to Obama.


i heard this hilarious dialog between Ira Glass and some other NPR big names where he was adamant that they were middle of the road programming and not at all politically biased. They are all so deep in the bubble they can't conceive of the outside.
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

Well yea. Consider that far more time and money was spent before the 2008 election investigating Palin compared to Obama.


i heard this hilarious dialog between Ira Glass and some other NPR big names where he was adamant that they were middle of the road programming and not at all politically biased. They are all so deep in the bubble they can't conceive of the outside.

Well that is sort of the thread premise, aren't such delusional and disconnected people the easiest possible pickings for newsworthy material? How complicit can the media be to be able to find nothing when these delusional will just spill in front of anyone who mimics agreement with their worldview and the various nefarious acts associated with it. Buy them a cobb salad and throw around the term teabagger and racist, and you should have a ratings bonanza.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #7 of 15
<-- sound of tumbleweed whistling down the ruined Wild West filmset somewhere in a desert in California.... Trumpy the lone gunman stands ready to draw - hour after hour, day after day...... tumbleweed whistles on and the dust blows interminable as yet another sun sets -->
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

<-- sound of tumbleweed whistling down the ruined Wild West filmset somewhere in a desert in California.... Trumpy the lone gunman stands ready to draw - hour after hour, day after day...... tumbleweed whistles on and the dust blows interminable as yet another sun sets -->

I'm not the one selling off hollow husks of former news companies.

What did Newsweek sell for again? How much does the NY Times owe their Mexican mogul? How many viewers have CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc lost in the last year?

People don't just tune out to bliss out. There's no reason to tune in. News programs need so present.....news.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm not the one selling off hollow husks of former news companies.

What did Newsweek sell for again? How much does the NY Times owe their Mexican mogul? How many viewers have CNN, MSNBC, ABC, etc lost in the last year?

People don't just tune out to bliss out. There's no reason to tune in. News programs need so present.....news.

I agree with you actually - at least in terms of UK news. I have not seen US news for a while. Thank God.

What I can say is that this 'rolling news' format is a recipe for making morons - everything is on continuous loop of soundbite-lite superficial chunks 24/7.

No analysis. No in depth investigation. Just 'how do you feel?' with a mic up your nose when your family's been butchered by an axe-wielding maniac.

Of course there is a reason why there is no in-depth investigation and it does not take an Einstein to see what it is....

Our 'glorious leaders and gracious overlords' - the pillars of the pure system we all so love and adore - have, shall we say, an vested interest in not allowing too rigorous journalism - and of course it helps brainwash the sheep (well, top-up their programming anyway) to keep things lite and thought-free.

And as they control the media....well...
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I agree with you actually - at least in terms of UK news. I have not seen US news for a while. Thank God.

What I can say is that this 'rolling news' format is a recipe for making morons - everything is on continuous loop of soundbite-lite superficial chunks 24/7.

No analysis. No in depth investigation. Just 'how do you feel?' with a mic up your nose when your family's been butchered by an axe-wielding maniac.

Of course there is a reason why there is no in-depth investigation and it does not take an Einstein to see what it is....

Our 'glorious leaders and gracious overlords' - the pillars of the pure system we all so love and adore - have, shall we say, an vested interest in not allowing too rigorous journalism - and of course it helps brainwash the sheep (well, top-up their programming anyway) to keep things lite and thought-free.

And as they control the media....well...

Yet wasn't the internet supposed to be the great leveler in all of this? In many ways it has been. The point is that in my view it has been but the old industries are basically being allowed through crony capitlism, often supported by leftist government elements when you think it would be just the opposite, to continue running when they should be bankrupted and swept away.

We see this in the U.S. at least. All older industry that should be replaced is instead turned into a government subsidized industry. We are "investing" and "stimulating" jobs in these laggards. It could be trains (Amtrack), postal mail(U.S. postal service), radio news (NPR) and this becomes a form of theft, of redistribution from new to old, from performer to laggard or worst of all, from the small guy to the big guy in the name of the small guy.

How will the people in rural areas get their state sanctions and approved news if there is no NPR to provide it for them? Sure they could get it through blogs, twitter, youtube, and get actual news. Instead they must be taxed and indebted to get....analysis and opinion posing as news from inexpensive suits who would hide five million dollar donations while thinking nothing about it because they've got the right intentions. They hate those "teabaggers" and "racists" so there is no qualm in stealing from them to provide the state sanctioned non-news.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #11 of 15
The one thing I'd like to say to NPR and Ira Glass et. al. is that if they didn't get public funding no one would have anything to say about it. The griping politicians on the right would sound just as silly as the ones on the left that gripe about Fox News.


There's your solution.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Yet wasn't the internet supposed to be the great leveler in all of this?

The internet is supposed to be the leveller, you're right. But let's take an example:

Imagine the late 60s and 70s. Mass of people into revolution and publishing massive amounts of material on letterpresses, broadsheets...etc etc.

Imagine what would have happened if THEY had had the Internet.

Fast forward to today - nada. Zilch. Zero.

Why?

Fairly obviously because those people are no longer there.

Again, why?

The answer is in this thread.

But here's a clue: our 'leaders' could never control the Internet - yet they still have control. How is it possible? Simple: allow free Internet but control the end-user instead.

Or, if you prefer, first condition your slave to not see the colour red and never to push buttons then you don't need to worry about hiding the nuclear button from them.

And yes...the 'News' is a primary key part of this process - and this thread is in a way part of the end-product. You can always tell because this product has a hallmark: a leitmotif of the process woven with varying degrees of the idea that somehow 'black is white', 'freedom is slavery', 'Right is Left' and....well...you get the picture....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #13 of 15
^ Um yea. Like Brazil and the Apple commercial rolled into one.


someone get the net
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

The internet is supposed to be the leveller, you're right. But let's take an example:

Imagine the late 60s and 70s. Mass of people into revolution and publishing massive amounts of material on letterpresses, broadsheets...etc etc.

Imagine what would have happened if THEY had had the Internet.

We don't have to imagine. They have been here during the internet. They turned into yuppies who thought the world would make them rich via manipulation rather than adding value or creating products. The boomers have always thought they were above the rules.

Quote:
Fast forward to today - nada. Zilch. Zero.

Why?

The main reason is because the premise that the boomers operated under was wrong and thus the changes they sought and wrought had no effect.

Sort of like if you have brain cancer and I remove your right lung, nothing gets better for you.

Quote:
Fairly obviously because those people are no longer there.

Again, why?

Last I checked the boomers were alive and well. I'm sure they'll be sad to know that they're dead.

Quote:
The answer is in this thread.

But here's a clue: our 'leaders' could never control the Internet - yet they still have control. How is it possible? Simple: allow free Internet but control the end-user instead.

They don't have control. They have passivity purchased with other people's money. However they are broke and so soon the last bastions of their attempts at control will fall. Likewise institutions like old media and all the money previously funneled into them are quickly draining away in terms of viewers and revenue. They're left throwing tantrums about their relevancy and begging for the status quo to be continued.

This is why more and more, the proclamations prove so wrong. The "consensus" they attempt to push out there fails. They're left scratching their heads and disconnected.
Quote:
Or, if you prefer, first condition your slave to not see the colour red and never to push buttons then you don't need to worry about hiding the nuclear button from them.

And yes...the 'News' is a primary key part of this process - and this thread is in a way part of the end-product. You can always tell because this product has a hallmark: a leitmotif of the process woven with varying degrees of the idea that somehow 'black is white', 'freedom is slavery', 'Right is Left' and....well...you get the picture....

No one gets the picture Sego. The logic is always too inconsistent. All the people doing the controlling are always stupid and brainless morons who never earn anything on their own but always control it perfectly and fool everyone with their perfect lies while again being morons.

A couple new examples of the failing media and failing institutions....

First up is Paul Krugman via the broke NY Times.


Paul has problems understanding how when people who have public jobs get upset about Freedom of Information Act requests associated with those jobs.

Is it so hard to keep a private and public resources separate? Of course it is unless of course one believes they are above the law and thus "the ends justify the means" and they ignore such things.

Quote:
Now, in this case theyll probably come up dry. Mr. Cronon writes on his blog that he has been careful never to use his university e-mail for personal business, exhibiting a scrupulousness thats neither common nor expected in the academic world. (Full disclosure: I have, at times, used my university e-mail to remind my wife to feed the cats, confirm dinner plans with friends, etc.)

Yes Krugman, that's it, they want to use the fact that he wanted his cats fed to discredit him.

A second example that is much more frightening and that the media SHOULD be reporting on.


Quote:
A central question in the case is whether he should have been allowed, in preliminary proceedings, to go beyond describing general research about gender stereotypes in the workplace to draw specific conclusions about what he called flaws in Wal-Marts personnel policies.

Bielby made a conclusion that he had no basis to make, said Laurens Walker, one of two University of Virginia professors who coined the term for the analysis almost 25 years ago. He hasnt done the research.

The article goes into more depth but the main point, should general be applied to specific should be terrifying. It takes tribalism and legalizes it. It allows you to be guilty for a general conclusion regardless of your specific actions. It legalizes "but they all look and act the same in my opinion." In short it applies a stereotype to certain people regardless of their specific actions.

Terrifying.....

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Last I checked the boomers were alive and well. I'm sure they'll be sad to know that they're dead.

I was sad too....but it's true, they drank capitalism and died in delirious agony hallucinating about 'wealth', 'security' and 'freedom'.

It's a tragic case.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why Is It So Easy for Rose and O’Keefe? AKA Where is the real news?