post #1 of 1
Anyone who wants to use the new gestures can do so right now. There is no NDA to break, or license to which to agree. This is not a jailbreak or hack.

Just download the xcode app from the Mac App Store. You don't have to be a developer. Connect your iPad to your computer. When you open xcode, it will automatically recognize your iPad and ask for your developer credentials. If you have none, just hit Cancel. It will then ask you something about debugging. Just say no. Done. Not only does Advanced Gestures show up in settings, it is on by default. Just start swiping away.

They are great, even transformative! If you are bored with iOS and just want a change, this is perfect. Moving through apps has never been easier. IMO, it is far superior to the WebOS implementation of cards. In WebOS, you can see all of one, and part of two other cards on the screen at once. Still, you are really only interacting with one card at a time. Once you have selected your card, you have to tap it to bring it into focus. The thing I like about the WebOS implementation is closing apps.

iOS skips the step of dropping into card view. Your apps are always full-screen and always in focus. Just swipe to the next one and you are ready to work. Rather than just being limited to moving from one app to the next in sequential order, you can expose the app switcher with a gesture and have access to the last six apps. Swipe on that for six more, and so on.

Still not enough? Pinch four fingers to go right to the home screen for access to all your apps. I'm absolutely loving it. This is like getting a whole new iPad for free. I have encountered no bugs or hiccups. I have also encountered no incompatibilities. I highly recommend it for all you early adopters. It is legal, easy, and totally worth it.
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...
Apple has no competition. Every commercial product which competes directly with an Apple product gives the distinct impression that, Where it is original, it is not good, and where it is good, it...