or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple Scaplers and Cryers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple Scaplers and Cryers

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Hi all:
First of all SCALPING is wrong no matter who is doing it. The reason it is illegal in this country is because the the money earned over the price the scalper paid for the item is not taxed. I think they should be found and arrested and thier stock of ipad2 s taken from them and sold to the public. You say this is wrong when you buy a ipad 2 from a scalper you are just as wrong as he is and you are supporting crime and tax evaison in this country. I waited in ln line for 12 hours for mine and the Apple person came to me and asked how many I wanted to buy I said just one, I could of had two but I did the right thing and just bought 1. So in all this FLAMMING war yall have started, just remember they will sooner or later have to answer for thier sins and greed, It is not up to us to be thier judge and jury , just make sure you do the right thing and all things will fit in place.

Don
post #2 of 18
Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #3 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis0042 View Post

I think they should be found and arrested and thier stock of ipad2 s taken from them and sold to the public.

How is this any different from what the scalper's doing?

Quote:
I could of had two but I did the right thing and just bought 1.

Yes, none of those people who want two are ever doing the right thing. Let that be a lesson to any of you who want two iPads!

Ham alert. Don't scalp the trolls.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis0042 View Post

Hi all:
First of all SCALPING is wrong no matter who is doing it. The reason it is illegal in this country is because the the money earned over the price the scalper paid for the item is not taxed. I think they should be found and arrested and thier stock of ipad2 s taken from them and sold to the public. You say this is wrong when you buy a ipad 2 from a scalper you are just as wrong as he is and you are supporting crime and tax evaison in this country. I waited in ln line for 12 hours for mine and the Apple person came to me and asked how many I wanted to buy I said just one, I could of had two but I did the right thing and just bought 1. So in all this FLAMMING war yall have started, just remember they will sooner or later have to answer for thier sins and greed, It is not up to us to be thier judge and jury , just make sure you do the right thing and all things will fit in place.

Don

If you ever sold a book, cd, or anything else and didn't report it, then you're guilty of tax evasion too.

How do you know they're not reporting their profits and paying taxes?
post #5 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

In many jurisdictions, it is illegal to sell items above list price. I don't believe that you can make the argument that scalpers are putting themselves to the trouble of buying-up iPads to only to sell them to widows and shut-ins at cost or at a loss. In these jurisdictions scalping is a crime which means that scalpers are criminals.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post

If you ever sold a book, cd, or anything else and didn't report it, then you're guilty of tax evasion too.

How do you know they're not reporting their profits and paying taxes?

And yes you would be correct alot of people miss the point Iam trying to make any time you buy a item then out of greed turn arround and sell it to someone for 3 times the price is just wrong. If you are buying the ipads for friends and family and selling it at the same price you bought it for i see nothing wrong in this but if you put it on ebay and sell it for 3000.00 that is wrong cant you see this or is just too much for your brain to handle.

Don
post #7 of 18
Right or wrong, if you've fallen prey to marketing to the extent that you NEED to own a product on day one, then you deserve to get scalped.

Just wait a couple weeks and you can get it without waiting in lines or paying more than list.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
Reply
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfSomewhereHot View Post

... then you deserve to get scalped.

...

Crime is not a public service.
post #9 of 18
1st, it's not scalping, and nor is what people doing illegal. It's called free market economics (supply vs demand). It's a great system, you should take your angst against those who are willing to pay the current price, and not the person profiting off of it.

2nd, it wouldn't be illegal due to taxes. This is no different from anyone who sells something for more than what they paid, technically that sale is to be reported on their yearly taxes as "income other than wages" - which they would then pay tax on it.

3rd, stop whining.
80gb iPod Classic 1G | 4gb iPod Nano 3g | 1gb iPad Shuffle 1g | 16gb iPhone 3g | 16gb iPhone 4 GSM | 16gb Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 | 32gb iPad 2 GSM
Reply
80gb iPod Classic 1G | 4gb iPod Nano 3g | 1gb iPad Shuffle 1g | 16gb iPhone 3g | 16gb iPhone 4 GSM | 16gb Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 | 32gb iPad 2 GSM
Reply
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Crime is not a public service.

Selling your iPad is not ..... a crime.
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis0042 View Post

And yes you would be correct alot of people miss the point Iam trying to make any time you buy a item then out of greed turn arround and sell it to someone for 3 times the price is just wrong. If you are buying the ipads for friends and family and selling it at the same price you bought it for i see nothing wrong in this but if you put it on ebay and sell it for 3000.00 that is wrong cant you see this or is just too much for your brain to handle.

Don

So by your logic, selling an item for 3x of cost is wrong, then you must think Apple is wrong and greedy for selling iphones that cost a little over 200 bucks and selling for 600-700 bucks because of supply and demand.

In most places, "scalping" and making profit from "greed" is legal as long as you pay the taxes. It's called capitalism/free market and all merchants/companies do it if they want to stay in business.

If somebody buys 10 ipads to sell for profit and the next 10 customers in line don't get any, that's unfair, but I wouldn't call that wrong either.
post #12 of 18
Regardless of what anybody says, scalping and price gouging is illegal in many jurisdictions, though it's not always prosecuted with equal force. I read that there was even a criminal at the San Francisco Apple store who was trying to sell fake Apple tickets to people in line and the scumbag got chased down and caught by the cops.

I was also just reading that London is going to crack down bigtime on Olympic ticket scalpers and hit them with really huge fines.

I also know that there are undercover cops at a few Apple retail store locations following what's going on. Don't ask me where, because I will not divulge that information in case any scummy scalpers are reading this.

Scalpers deserve to be locked up in a jail cell with a 350 pound inmate named Shirley. They also deserve huge fines and everything bad that will come to them. They should also be blacklisted from purchasing any Apple products ever again for the rest of their lives.
post #13 of 18
Ticket reselling is NOT illegal in most parts of the United States. Neither is price markup except for necessities of life.

I too don't like scalping. But that doesn't change the legality of it.
post #14 of 18
I signed up for this forum just so I could say how lame this thread is. Wake up earlier and get on line. Or order over the Internet like a sane person. But go back in time and do it at 1am PST on 3/11 and do it. Thank you.
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispoe View Post

So by your logic, selling an item for 3x of cost is wrong, then you must think Apple is wrong and greedy for selling iphones that cost a little over 200 bucks and selling for 600-700 bucks because of supply and demand.

...

Some logic Apple sells its products at or below list price. You may not like Apple's prices, but Apple can in no way be considered to be scalping. You run into a legal issue when you sell things above list price against the wishes of the provider.

FWIW, I live in a US State where we frown on scalping.

As for all you proponents of the Free Market, you seem to have forgotten that there are many Free Market ventures that will get you an extended vacation in one of our many cross-bar resorts. These include prostitution, gambling, unstamped alcohol, home-distilled alcohol, guns, human organs, sex, child pornography, human trafficking, illegal drugs, legal drugs without a prescription, extortion, usury, etc. I can go on. Some of these activities are considered to be disgusting. However, many are victimless. Many others are pleasurable activities among consenting adults. However, communities by votes of the majority of their citizens and their representatives have decided that these activities will not be allowed and will be punishable by denial of property, freedom, or life.

Free Market? Tell it to the judge and convince a jury.
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Some logic Apple sells its products at or below list price. You may not like Apple's prices, but Apple can in no way be considered to be scalping. You run into a legal issue when you sell things above list price against the wishes of the provider.

I like Apples prices, I think they're of excellent value and other people that are willing to buy from a scalper think they are worth much more.

Like it or not, scalpers are never going to go away. They are just one small element of the free market that I don't bother getting upset about because I don't waste my time dealing them anyhow.
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis0042 View Post

Hi all:
First of all SCALPING is wrong no matter who is doing it. The reason it is illegal in this country is because the the money earned over the price the scalper paid for the item is not taxed. I think they should be found and arrested and thier stock of ipad2 s taken from them and sold to the public. You say this is wrong when you buy a ipad 2 from a scalper you are just as wrong as he is and you are supporting crime and tax evaison in this country. I waited in ln line for 12 hours for mine and the Apple person came to me and asked how many I wanted to buy I said just one, I could of had two but I did the right thing and just bought 1. So in all this FLAMMING war yall have started, just remember they will sooner or later have to answer for thier sins and greed, It is not up to us to be thier judge and jury , just make sure you do the right thing and all things will fit in place.

Don

I got my iPad this morning. Paid an unemployed friend of a friend $100 to get in line at 5:45 and buy me two iPads. Either one or both will be going on CL for sale, depending on how much profit I can make.

Thankfully there is nothing illegal about this, despite the OP's moaning.
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

Some logic Apple sells its products at or below list price. You may not like Apple's prices, but Apple can in no way be considered to be scalping. You run into a legal issue when you sell things above list price against the wishes of the provider.

FWIW, I live in a US State where we frown on scalping.

As for all you proponents of the Free Market, you seem to have forgotten that there are many Free Market ventures that will get you an extended vacation in one of our many cross-bar resorts. These include prostitution, gambling, unstamped alcohol, home-distilled alcohol, guns, human organs, sex, child pornography, human trafficking, illegal drugs, legal drugs without a prescription, extortion, usury, etc. I can go on. Some of these activities are considered to be disgusting. However, many are victimless. Many others are pleasurable activities among consenting adults. However, communities by votes of the majority of their citizens and their representatives have decided that these activities will not be allowed and will be punishable by denial of property, freedom, or life.

Free Market? Tell it to the judge and convince a jury.

You also forgot cutting hair without a license, running a dog walk service without a license, operating a "home day care" for your neighbors.

Unlike those ridiculous examples of why not all laws are reasonable, there is never anything illegal about buying a product and reselling it for a profit except specifically event tickets. You can keep repeating it all you like, and even hint that in some states it is, but since you've failed to provide any evidence from the lawbooks of your state, we all know you're lying.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple Scaplers and Cryers