or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The New "Abu Ghraib" in Afghanistan... Murder for Sport.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New "Abu Ghraib" in Afghanistan... Murder for Sport.

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
This kind of stuff is straight out of the Schutzstaffel's playbook...

The US military continues to demonstrate to the world how we support democracy, liberty and civilized values. This latest outrage is worse that Abu Ghraib (if possible), in that Afghan civilians have been murdered in cold blood by US military personnel.

The terminally corrupt, lying powers that be may tell us that such is "the action of a few bad apples"... but as with Abu Ghraib, the orders to abuse, beat up and torture prisoners most likely came from the top of the chain of command at the Pentagon, and, as usual in the military, a few grunts were scapegoated for following these illegal orders, and paid for it severe penalties... ie shit rolls downhill. This shows the heart of Washington DC culture at work....

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fo...cke-65976.html ...images here

Story here:

Naturally, the US corporate media thug enablers ignore these atrocities... hey, its less attention on the kind of trivia and crap that the majority of the slack-jawed, doe-eyed public are so addicted to.

How many people here support this kind of thuggery? Probably nobody, barring a couple of the usual suspects. How many power brokers in Washington DC support this? Probably most of them, (privately on the golf course, or in their exclusive boys clubs).
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #2 of 7
It's not called murder for sport. It's called home and change. It's called a new tone. It's called gaining the world's respect.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

It's not called murder for sport. It's called home and change. It's called a new tone. It's called gaining the world's respect.

There are a few very stupid or weak people who respect someone because they carry a big gun and aren't afraid to use it, even when they don't really need to.

But the people who really matter in this world respect people who show restraint and patience. People who can solve problems without violence.

"Shock and Awe" will be responded to until everybody's dead.
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

This kind of stuff is straight out of the Schutzstaffel's playbook...

The US military continues to demonstrate to the world how we support democracy, liberty and civilized values. This latest outrage is worse that Abu Ghraib (if possible), in that Afghan civilians have been murdered in cold blood by US military personnel.

The terminally corrupt, lying powers that be may tell us that such is "the action of a few bad apples"... but as with Abu Ghraib, the orders to abuse, beat up and torture prisoners most likely came from the top of the chain of command at the Pentagon, and, as usual in the military, a few grunts were scapegoated for following these illegal orders, and paid for it severe penalties... ie shit rolls downhill. This shows the heart of Washington DC culture at work....

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fo...cke-65976.html ...images here

Story here:

Naturally, the US corporate media thug enablers ignore these atrocities... hey, its less attention on the kind of trivia and crap that the majority of the slack-jawed, doe-eyed public are so addicted to.

How many people here support this kind of thuggery? Probably nobody, barring a couple of the usual suspects. How many power brokers in Washington DC support this? Probably most of them, (privately on the golf course, or in their exclusive boys clubs).

1. I love how you just make crap up:

Quote:
but as with Abu Ghraib, the orders to abuse, beat up and torture prisoners most likely came from the top of the chain of command at the Pentagon,

---That is pure and frankly implausible speculation. Or, should I say "wishful thinking?"

2. How dare you denigrate the armed forces by implying this happens all the time and that it's not isolated? There are hundreds of thousands of military members who literally risk it all so you have the right and ability to come to this board and act as ungrateful, ignorant and disrespectful as you do.

3. There is no evidence that this is "murder" or "murder for sport." There are inappropriate and disgusting photos. The two are not equal.

4. No one supports this. No one. So please, STFU with that "barring the usual suspects" crap.

5. Speaking of the media, where are the calls for impeachment? Where are the calls for Bob Gates to resign? Oh, wait...my bad...he was asked for his fraudulent and laughable Nobel back. By Micheal Moore and one of Russia's liberal politicians. \
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #5 of 7
My opinion is that this indicates an evil in our world. The world is filled with evil. My wife and I just watched a very well done movie entitled "Taken" which deals with the subject of human trafficking. Much evil is in our world and we need to turn to Jesus and rebuke the evil.

Choose to stand for good.

I am repulsed by the actions of these "service" men.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
post #6 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

1. I love how you just make crap up:



---That is pure and frankly implausible speculation. Or, should I say "wishful thinking?"

Perhaps you should read THIS.There you go... plain as daylight... "This was not the action of a few low-raking sociopaths"....

Quote:
2. How dare you denigrate the armed forces by implying this happens all the time and that it's not isolated? There are hundreds of thousands of military members who literally risk it all so you have the right and ability to come to this board and act as ungrateful, ignorant and disrespectful as you do.

What happens if you are a "low ranking" soldier in a combat zone, and you receive orders like this (which are clearly illegal), from the next rank up (or higher) in the chain of command? Even though the UCMJ states that it is illegal to carry out an illegal order, what real choice does that soldier have? Blow the whistle? Your military career is toast. Disobey an order? Same thing, via a court martial, followed by a jail sentence and a dishonorable discharge. Comply.... and you may get lucky, or if not, you will be forced to fall on your proverbial sword.

I never said that all soldiers do such things, but the structure of (any) military allows for that potential if the orders coming down the pipe are corrupted, illegal or violate the moral conscience of any service person. It is the actions of Rumsfeld et al who have denigrated the entire notion of a "chain of command", a vital aspect of any military, to the point that soldiers are more liable to question the integrity of such chain of command.That is not only how to jeopardize service people, but also how not to win a war... and probably could be prosecutable as treason in a court of law.

Quote:
3. There is no evidence that this is "murder" or "murder for sport." There are inappropriate and disgusting photos. The two are not equal.

Hard to tell... but by the smirk on that one guy's face, he could well have regarded this activity as a form of "sport".
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
Reply
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

It is the actions of Rumsfeld et al who have denigrated the entire notion of a "chain of command"

If ever there were a person who creeps me out it is Rumsfeld. He has been on quite the tour to tout his latest book making all the rounds on the media circuit.

He talks about how he has lived through 1/3 of the history of the US. How since early age all he wanted to do and all he has done is serve his country.

His entire set of remarks was a smokescreen as I see it. He is going around selling himself as Apple Pie and all that is good about America when in fact I suspect he is NOTHING of the sort.

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The New "Abu Ghraib" in Afghanistan... Murder for Sport.