or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Despite opposition, Apple CEO Steve Jobs re-elected to Disney's board
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Despite opposition, Apple CEO Steve Jobs re-elected to Disney's board

post #1 of 57
Thread Starter 
Investors in the Walt Disney Co. voted to re-elect Apple Chief Executive Steve Jobs to the company's board of directors on Wednesday, going against the advisement of a prominent federation of labor unions.

A preliminary count of shareholder votes found that 74 percent of investors supported keeping the 12-member board -- including Jobs -- the same, according to Bloomberg. The vote was closely watched as continued health issues surrounding Jobs had led some to question whether he was fit to retain his status as board member.

This week, the AFL-CIO labor union made waves when it announced it had voted against the re-election of Jobs. The organization collectively holds 3.8 million shares of Disney stock.

Institutional Shareholder Services didn't advise its clients to vote against Jobs, but did note that he showed "poor attendance" in recent years, attending less than three-quarters of Disney's board meetings since 2008. The ISS also said that Jobs' recent health issues also raise questions about his ability to fulfill responsibilities on the Disney board.

Jobs has been a director at Disney since 2006, when the entertainment giant acquired Pixar in an all-stock transaction worth $7.4 billion. The deal made Jobs the single largest shareholder of Disney.

Apple's co-founder took another medical leave of absence from his company starting in January. Though he has been absent from day-to-day operations, Jobs remains CEO of Apple, and even made a surprising return to the stage at the iPad 2 media event earlier this month.
post #2 of 57
Another sign of the waning influence of labor unions in America. Good riddance!
post #3 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

Another sign of the waning influence of labor unions in America. Good riddance!

That or a sign of it being good business sense to tell your investors that Steve Jobs sits on your board of directors.
post #4 of 57
Why would anyone want to vote Steve Jobs out?
post #5 of 57
Very pleased to hear this.
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
Google Motto "You're not the customer. You're the product."
Reply
post #6 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

Why would anyone want to vote Steve Jobs out?

They were concerned that he couldn't fulfill his duties due to his health issues.
post #7 of 57
Colour this follower of the leader of the club that's made for you and me (M-i-c-k-e-y-M-o-u-s-e) pleased.

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

Reply

MacBook Pro 15" | Intel Core2 Duo 2.66GHz | 320GB HDD | OS X v10.9
Black/Space Grey iPad Air with Wi-Fi & LTE | 128GB | On 4GEE
White iPhone 5 | 64GB | On 3UK

Reply
post #8 of 57
The rebels have been crushed!
post #9 of 57
Really. So, I guess you are against 40 hour work weeks with mandatory overtime pay, anti-child labor laws, the right for women to work, health benefits, and the list goes on? Jeez. You'd love China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

Another sign of the waning influence of labor unions in America. Good riddance!
post #10 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

Another sign of the waning influence of labor unions in America. Good riddance!

RIGHT ON!!!
We can't get rid of child labor laws, workplace safety, 40 hour week, health insurance, vacations and discriminatory hiring practices quick enough for me!
POWER TO THE CORPORATIONS!!!
post #11 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post

The rebels have been crushed!

Hurray
post #12 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Really. So, I guess you are against 40 hour work weeks with mandatory overtime pay, anti-child labor laws, the right for women to work, health benefits, and the list goes on? Jeez. You'd love China.

I would point put that health insurance in the u.s really gained in popularity during WWII. Due to strict wage controls employers needed a way to attract the best and since they could not offer more cash they started pushing benefits and other unique perks to get around those controls.

The argument that unions have pushed for more and better benefits for its members is certainly true.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
post #13 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Really. So, I guess you are against 40 hour work weeks with mandatory overtime pay, anti-child labor laws, the right for women to work, health benefits, and the list goes on? Jeez. You'd love China.

In case you didn't know, labor unions do not pass laws, the government does. The government makes sure ( at least is supposed to) that people are treated fairly in all aspects of life.

Labor unions by definition are parasites. They suck money out of companies in order to survive. They do not contribute to progress within the company, on the contrary. They only have their interests at heart. They are a monopoly that force the company to pay higher wages in order to make more money from dues and to get more members to join. They have absolutely no interest in making a better workplace if it doesn't mean more money in their coffers. They are total capitalists.

In NYC the unions are basically mafias who use threats, intimidation, bribes to public officials and worse to force people to use them and pay their outrageous salaries. Believe me I know...

Anyone who has to deal with these thugs becomes anti-union in a matter of minutes. They should be in prison.
post #14 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Really. So, I guess you are against 40 hour work weeks with mandatory overtime pay, anti-child labor laws, the right for women to work, health benefits, and the list goes on? Jeez. You'd love China.

Careful, this is a double-edged sword. One could also argue that labor unions and some of the aforementioned laws are the very same reason the work ethic in the US is abysmal, and the entitlement mentality has driven up wages and compensation so high we are becoming unable to compete in a global market. And that's exactly why American manufacturing businesses DO love China.

Also, regardless of how they came about, aren't many of the laws you mentioned mandated at the state and federal level, and not by unions? The bleeding-hearts in Washington address "fairness", "equality", and "compensation" these days. Unions are a relic from America's past and a ball and chain on the ankle of national progress.
post #15 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

Really. So, I guess you are against 40 hour work weeks with mandatory overtime pay, anti-child labor laws, the right for women to work, health benefits, and the list goes on? Jeez. You'd love China.

No, I'm against a bunch of lazy bums sitting on their lazy asses all day collecting the same wage and benefits as hard working people. Unions are for bums. Speaking of China, they're a socialist country - the exact same philosophy by which labor unions operate...

Go out in the real world their buddy, pretty obvious you need a union to protect you since you're obviously a lazy, unskilled worker....
iMac 24" (Late 07), iMac 17" G5, Mac mini (Early 09), MacBook (Mid 07), iPad WiFi 32, iPhone 4, iBook G4 1.2, HP Compaq 610 Laptop, eMachine W5233, (1) Xserve G5 and (1) Xserve G5 Cluster node with...
Reply
iMac 24" (Late 07), iMac 17" G5, Mac mini (Early 09), MacBook (Mid 07), iPad WiFi 32, iPhone 4, iBook G4 1.2, HP Compaq 610 Laptop, eMachine W5233, (1) Xserve G5 and (1) Xserve G5 Cluster node with...
Reply
post #16 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

In case you didn't know, labor unions do not pass laws, the government does. The government makes sure ( at least is supposed to) that people are treated fairly in all aspects of life.

Which it only does when the people protest. Unions allow people to protest using one voice instead of many, just as the government does by having a single leader. So unions level the playing field there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

Labor unions by definition are parasites. They suck money out of companies in order to survive. They do not contribute to progress within the company, on the contrary. They only have their interests at heart.

Way to take a completely blind eye to the fact that companies do not have their employees' interests at heart either. Their job is to make money, and if that means screwing the workers (including killing them) there are countless examples throughout history that they will do so. Again, unions level the playing field; if workers don't look out for their own interests, who will?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

They are total capitalists.

Pot calling the kettle black. EVERYONE in society is a capitalist. Funny how when business owners are called capitalists it's a compliment but then you turn around and use it as an insult when applying it to unions. Nice double standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

They should be in prison.

As soon as business owners go to prison for having workers work in deathtraps (coal mines), maiming environments (assembly lines, factories, etc.), sweatshops (garment district), the unions will follow along. Until then all they're doing is evening things up. If you don't like workers having a say, then how about you volunteer to go work 12 hour days, 7 days a week, with no bathroom breaks or lunch breaks. 'Cos all those things you enjoy were brought to you by unions. Hypocrite.
post #17 of 57
I question why the union leadership feels his lack of attendance at meetings alone is sufficient reason for suggesting his removal from the board. Given his track record with Apple and Pixar, my guess is he uses his time in a pretty productive manner. And how well attended were the BOD meetings for GM?
post #18 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

I would point put that health insurance in the u.s really gained in popularity during WWII. Due to strict wage controls employers needed a way to attract the best and since they could not offer more cash they started pushing benefits and other unique perks to get around those controls.

The argument that unions have pushed for more and better benefits for its members is certainly true.

Who do you think negotiated the postwar contracts? Labor unions, and the others were forced to compete. Did the capitalists do it out of the goodness of their hearts? No. Well, maybe some enlightened, clever businessman like Kaiser, but the rest were being pumped tens of billions of dollars in war contracts, or they had a union that nagged them, maybe even striking.

I'm not for this vote by the AFL-CIO. But one of the reasons we're in trouble is that we only have single-digit unionization. Left to themselves, the capitalists keep way more of the surplus value created by the workers than they actually have a right to. Or that's good for the nation or the economy, in the long run.

There's only two parties in the U.S., the high-wage party and the low-wage party. I'm for the high-wage party, whichever that is.
post #19 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

The government makes sure ( at least is supposed to) that people are treated fairly in all aspects of life.

(Rip-Roaring Laughter)
Quote:
Labor unions by definition are parasites. They suck money out of companies in order to survive. They do not contribute to progress within the company, on the contrary. They only have their interests at heart.

In NYC the unions are basically mafias who use threats, intimidation, bribes to public officials and worse to force people to use them and pay their outrageous salaries. Believe me I know...

Anyone who has to deal with these thugs becomes anti-union in a matter of minutes. They should be in prison.

WOAH! I don't know about NY Unions but the 'principle' behind labour unions is good. I am not saying there isn't thuggery but the idea of an organization standing up for the 'worker', you know, the 'common man' is a good thing in principle, right?. Unless, of course, you really believe that the government ensures that people are treated fairly in all walks of life.
post #20 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazKam View Post

Careful, this is a double-edged sword. One could also argue that labor unions and some of the aforementioned laws are the very same reason the work ethic in the US is abysmal, and the entitlement mentality has driven up wages and compensation so high we are becoming unable to compete in a global market. And that's exactly why American manufacturing businesses DO love China.

And mistreatment of workers in China and other 3rd world nations is why they are starting to rise up and protest too. Mistreatment being profitable does not make it right, regardless of where it is on the planet.

As for the work ethic being "abysmal" in the U.S., how about we avoid blanket statements? It's well-documented that most U.S. corporations are getting by with a lot less these days; workers are toiling their butts off for ever-increasing corporate profits but are only being rewarded with tiny raises and no bonuses even though they are doing 2x the work they used to. "Bad work ethic" indeed. Americans work MORE hours than their European counterparts, not less. How about you give us some kudos instead of being negative?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazKam View Post

Also, regardless of how they came about, aren't many of the laws you mentioned mandated at the state and federal level, and not by unions?

No, I'm not going to let you disregard how the laws came about. They came about because of unions. It's blatantly unfair for you to give government the credit for union-induced worker protection laws and claim the unions are unnecessary because they succeeded. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it: If we forget the working conditions that existed before unions and we discard the unions, those conditions will return. As business defenders are all too proud to say, companies are in business to make a profit. They WILL screw workers if we are not vigilant. GUARANTEED.
post #21 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

In case you didn't know, labor unions do not pass laws, the government does. The government makes sure ( at least is supposed to) that people are treated fairly in all aspects of life.

Labor unions by definition are parasites. They suck money out of companies in order to survive. They do not contribute to progress within the company, on the contrary. They only have their interests at heart. They are a monopoly that force the company to pay higher wages in order to make more money from dues and to get more members to join. They have absolutely no interest in making a better workplace if it doesn't mean more money in their coffers. They are total capitalists.

In NYC the unions are basically mafias who use threats, intimidation, bribes to public officials and worse to force people to use them and pay their outrageous salaries. Believe me I know...

Anyone who has to deal with these thugs becomes anti-union in a matter of minutes. They should be in prison.

Agreed One Hundred percent! Union members are parasites who contribute nothing to the companies that employ them, driving up costs that make companies uncompetitive. Just look at GM for goodness sakes.
post #22 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleStud View Post

Another sign of the waning influence of labor unions in America. Good riddance!

Another two bit Far Right comment with zero substance.

I tell ya what, how about you go bitch about the > $1 Trillion in corporate welfare of late, not to mention several trillion over the past 20 years this country has given to Corporations and not it's middle class to spur the economy.

You just might get someone to listen to it.
post #23 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

(Rip-Roaring Laughter)

WOAH! I don't know about NY Unions but the 'principle' behind labour unions is good. I am not saying there isn't thuggery but the idea of an organization standing up for the 'worker', you know, the 'common man' is a good thing in principle, right?. Unless, of course, you really believe that the government ensures that people are treated fairly in all walks of life.

WOAH! If you think for a minute that unions are all about the workers best interests then you are delusional. I would be the last person to say that the government is great but it is their role.

The "principal" behind unions is that they need to survive. In order to survive, they need members who pay dues. Those are the only "principles". They will do anything in their power, legal or otherwise to make it happen.

People like you who base things on some sort of "theory" and have no experience with reality are scary. You don't know anything about the situation but have an opinion anyway.
post #24 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBootneck View Post

Agreed One Hundred percent! Union members are parasites who contribute nothing to the companies that employ them, driving up costs that make companies uncompetitive. Just look at GM for goodness sakes.

GM failed repeatedly to uphold it's contracts. Blame GM, not the Labor Unions.

By the way, GM sucks because their cars suck. You make a crappy product you don't go blaming the lack of market share on the assemblers.
post #25 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Another two bit Far Right comment with zero substance.

I tell ya what, how about you go bitch about the > $1 Trillion in corporate welfare of late, not to mention several trillion over the past 20 years this country has given to Corporations and not it's middle class to spur the economy.

You just might get someone to listen to it.

That is another issue that doesn't relate to unions.
post #26 of 57
There is always a balance to be struck between Employee and Employer.

This country extorted it's labor class for > 100 years and they revolted.

Unions were created and leveraged to exert power back against the corporations who don't exist without them.

Corporations continue to suck off the nation's teets and blame all their woes on Labor.

They used that bait n' switch to use cheap labor overseas and asked for more subsidies in the form of tax breaks.

They continued to make crappy products and continued to blame the labor and not their own designs and ideas.

There is a balance and until corporations own their failures you won't see labor giving a rat's ass about them.

Crapping on the Labor force will only result in Labor Unions restoring growth at record numbers. Corporations thinking short term are fools and will reap what they sew.

A Union has no need for existence if the balance between Bosses and Labor was a amenable and mutually beneficial relationship.
post #27 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

That is another issue that doesn't relate to unions.

Like hell it doesn't. You don't beg for cash and blame your lack of profits on labor costs at the same time. Grow up.
post #28 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

GM failed repeatedly to uphold it's contracts. Blame GM, not the Labor Unions.

By the way, GM sucks because their cars suck. You make a crappy product you don't go blaming the lack of market share on the assemblers.

I won't argue whether or not GM has or had bad management or about the quality of their products. However it's not very easy to compete with other companies when you look at what demands the UAW won and how much it cost the company in money, lost efficiency and lack of progress.

The UAW unionized workers at Cornell University (please, what does a university have to do with the automobile industry?!) and were a pain in the ass with all their demands and requirements, especially those that penalized students by curtailing the work-study programs so the union could get more jobs. Shameful!
post #29 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Like hell it doesn't. You don't beg for cash and blame your lack of profits on labor costs at the same time. Grow up.

Telling me to "grow up" is not a valid argument. I deal with unions on a weekly basis. Do you?
post #30 of 57
These anti-union rants are all made in ignorance. Union jobs used to provide decent wages to middle class families. These jobs are being exported in record numbers. America is in a race to the bottom. The middle class is shrinking so fast America will soon be a second world country. The walmartisation of american jobs will result in nobody being able to afford anything. Why is it that when union jobs are exported the anti-union crowd approves, but when those workers come to the US you scream bloody murder.

Just remember that no matter what you do for a living, everyone else thinks it is too much and there is a long line of people willing to do your job for less.
post #31 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkalu View Post

Why would anyone want to vote Steve Jobs out?

Perhaps it is because Apple does zero manufacturing here in the USA.
post #32 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

WOAH! If you think for a minute that unions are all about the workers best interests then you are delusional. I would be the last person to say that the government is great but it is their role.

The "principal" behind unions is that they need to survive. In order to survive, they need members who pay dues. Those are the only "principles". They will do anything in their power, legal or otherwise to make it happen.

People like you who base things on some sort of "theory" and have no experience with reality are scary. You don't know anything about the situation but have an opinion anyway.

Don't be scared. I won't bite. You didn't say government is great but you did present the idea that government ensures fair treatment of all its citizens in all walks of life as an argument. That makes you a little scary, come to think of it.

To state that the "principal" as you put it, behind unions is their need to survive, is naive. That is not a principle per se, though I agree that it is a requisite for any union's ability to perform.

I don't see why you are so worried about discussing the principles or ideas behind unions. I don't base 'things' on some sort of 'theory'. I am not claiming unions are beacons of high morality or any such thing. I am sure many unions are as corrupt as you imply but I belong to a union (of sorts) which does great work in lobbying the government on behalf of its members. It clearly is a very different organization than what you deal with on a weekly basis. Its not in the US and its not run by the mafia.
post #33 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

There is always a balance to be struck between Employee and Employer.

This country extorted it's labor class for > 100 years and they revolted.

Unions were created and leveraged to exert power back against the corporations who don't exist without them.

Corporations continue to suck off the nation's teets and blame all their woes on Labor.

They used that bait n' switch to use cheap labor overseas and asked for more subsidies in the form of tax breaks.

They continued to make crappy products and continued to blame the labor and not their own designs and ideas.

There is a balance and until corporations own their failures you won't see labor giving a rat's ass about them.

Crapping on the Labor force will only result in Labor Unions restoring growth at record numbers. Corporations thinking short term are fools and will reap what they sew.

A Union has no need for existence if the balance between Bosses and Labor was a amenable and mutually beneficial relationship.

You are very poorly educated on the subject. As I stated before, unions are a business unto themselves. they generate money as monopolies within companies through dues. The more members and the higher the employee benefits, the more money they make.

They are never going to say:" our job is done, no more unions". Anyone who thinks that someone is going to give up making all that money because they are not needed anymore is dreaming.
post #34 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Don't be scared. I won't bite. You didn't say government is great but you did present the idea that government treats its citizens fairly in all walks of life as an argument. That makes you a little scary, come to think of it.

To state that the "principal" as you put it, behind unions is their need to survive, is naive. That is not a principle per se, though I agree that it is a requisite for any union's ability to perform.

I don't see why you are so worried about discussing the principles or ideas behind unions. I don't base 'things' on some sort of 'theory'. I am not claiming unions are beacons of high morality or any such thing. I am sure many unions are as corrupt as you imply but I belong to a union (of sorts) which does great work in lobbying the government on behalf of its members. It clearly is a very different organization than what you deal with on a weekly basis. Its not in the US and its not run by the mafia.

Sorry but you fail at reading comprehension. I never even remotely said that government treats it's citizens fairly in all walks of life. I would be the LAST person to ever say that.

Where did I ever say that I was worried about discussing the principles or ideas behind unions? That's what I'm doing here, no? The fact that you put words in my mouth that I never said and accuse me of things that aren't true is scary.

LOL, your union or whatever it is, you don't say what it is exactly, is great because it lobbies the government on behalf of it's members? How is that great? Who benefits? The world? Your country?Mankind? Or the union members?
post #35 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

You are very poorly educated on the subject. As I stated before, unions are a business unto themselves. they generate money as monopolies within companies through dues. The more members and the higher the employee benefits, the more money they make.

They are never going to say:" our job is done, no more unions". Anyone who thinks that someone is going to give up making all that money because they are not needed anymore is dreaming.

It is quite evident that you are ignorant of the labor movement. The reason we have unions is because of bad management. You claim to deal with unions on a 'weekly' basis. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to your first hand knowledge as a bad manager.
post #36 of 57
a bad manager is one who allows his business to become unionized. and this message comes to you (whoever you are) from somebody who, in nyc, dealt with the ibew (electicians) thugs, sheetmetal workers, painters union, stagehands and operating engineers. even the food truck who brought coffee was unionized.

try and bring something into javits center on a luggage rack and then tell me all about your pleasant experience.
post #37 of 57
unmitigated fall is when some union leeches, spending union dues, try to recommend the ouster of a board member from the most successful company in the usa.

they mustered up about 3.8 million votes. jobs alone owns over 100 million shares. shows you their mentality when they are spending somebody elses money. they have no credibility and continue to have delusions.

suggest they come to nj to find out which way the wind is blowing. nyc is not far behind.
post #38 of 57
Wow! I didn't realize this was a union blog.

To me - I am a former member of the Canadian Union of Postal Workers - unions are what Ayn Rand would call an attempt for the unearned.

Unions are parasitic by their very nature: they do not produce a product; they skim off the top of other people's industry; they will eventually eat a company alive with ever-increasing costly demands. I do not believe most people would belong to a union given a choice; most union shops are closed, compulsory.

Union members are forced to see their dues contributed to liberal politicians whether or not that member supports said politician. They promote socialist dogma, i.e. abortion on demand, under the guise of supporting women's rights.

I don't see this happening under present political conditions, but I would like to see Unions, which are truly political organizations with political agendas, as shareholders but without voting rights.

Finally, check out an old Peter Sellers movie, "I'm Allright Jack!" It was intended as a satire and wound up being cinema verite.
post #39 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc View Post

Sorry but you fail at reading comprehension. I never even remotely said that government treats it's citizens fairly in all walks of life. I would be the LAST person to ever say that.

What you said was: 'The government makes sure ( at least is supposed to) that people are treated fairly in all aspects of life'. In other words you presented the idea as part of your argument, did you not? You may have qualified it with '(at least it is supposed to)', but what does that mean in the context?
Quote:
Where did I ever say that I was worried about discussing the principles or ideas behind unions? That's what I'm doing here, no? The fact that you put words in my mouth that I never said and accuse me of things that aren't true is scary.

I didn't say you said that (help!). You dismissed me on the grounds that I apparently knew nothing of the reality and yet had an opinion. And no, its not what you are doing here at all.
Quote:
LOL, your union or whatever it is, you don't say what it is exactly, is great because it lobbies the government on behalf of it's members? How is that great? Who benefits? The world? Your country?Mankind? Or the union members?

Its a federation that represents more than 180 000 small business owners. It serves its member first and foremost. Why don't you believe me? Why LOL? This is what I mean, you are not discussing anything. Why it is great that this organization represents its members through campaigning and lobbying is directly related to the principle behind unions. That's what we are discussing, right?
post #40 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

Perhaps it is because Apple does zero manufacturing here in the USA.

and the american squirrel is responsible for the lack of rainfall in the sahara.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Despite opposition, Apple CEO Steve Jobs re-elected to Disney's board