or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Who do you want for US President and Why?

Who do you want for US President and Why?

post #1 of 41
Who do you want for US President in 2012 and why this person?

I realize that we don't have a lot to work with in terms of official candidates but in spite of that raise up the names of those you would like to see be president and share why you think they would be good for the position..

If you wish list the TOP THREE areas where you are most concerned and how your person for the job could get these top three priorities or jobs handled.

Go!
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34

post #2 of 41
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Jon Stewart
Al Franken (with Anthony Weiner for VP for the Franken-Weiner ticket)

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #3 of 41
Dennis Kucinich. Still. Eight years too late.
post #4 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowship View Post

I realize that we don't have a lot to work with in terms of official candidates but in spite of that raise up the names of those you would like to see be president and share why you think they would be good for the position..

If you wish list the TOP THREE areas where you are most concerned and how your person for the job could get these top three priorities or jobs handled.

Go!

Truthfully speaking sir there is no one decent running in 2012.They are a bunch of hypocrites and liars.Maybe Trump he has guts and balls to say what is on his mind.Plenty of business experience also.
post #5 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Truthfully speaking sir there is no one decent running in 2012.They are a bunch of hypocrites and liars.Maybe Trump he has guts and balls to say what is on his mind.Plenty of business experience also.

Can you name one candidate within our lifetimes that wasn't a hypocrite and liar?

Trump most certainly is not excluded, nor is Ron Paul.
post #6 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Can you name one candidate within our lifetimes that wasn't a hypocrite and liar?

Trump most certainly is not excluded, nor is Ron Paul.

Care to elaborate?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #7 of 41
Does it matter?

Anyone who arrives in DC with the good intent to do the people's bidding, regardless of party affiliation, ends up terminally corrupted. Look at Obama as a classic example of a weak, corrupted and ineffectual president. Its the DC system that needs to be changed.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. ♬♬♪♩♫♬♬
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #8 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Does it matter?

Anyone who arrives in DC with the good intent to do the people's bidding, regardless of party affiliation, ends up terminally corrupted. Look at Obama as a classic example of a weak, corrupted and ineffectual president. Its the DC system that needs to be changed.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. ♬♬♪♩♫♬♬

So he was fine until he go there?
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Jon Stewart

Good people at least they both have a pair of balls to speak out not like Obama who double talks everything he says and his meek also.
post #10 of 41
Quote:

Go!

At this stage I haven't found anyone I want yet but have plenty of people I've already written off.

The top three areas are entitlement reform, balancing the budget, and getting troops home from abroad.

People I've written off already or never would want in the first place.

Mitt Romney - You signed that health care bill and lost my vote.
Newt Gingrich - You used to be the rebel but now appear to be a creature of the system.
Rudy Giuliani - No, far too moderate on a party that already has trouble being conservative.
Haley Barbour - Too tone deaf on racial matters in my opinion.

People still under my consideration

Ron Paul, Sarah Palin, Herman Cain

Too new at their current jobs but I would I like to ponder them.

John Kasich, Chris Christie

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

At this stage I haven't found anyone I want yet but have plenty of people I've already written off.

The top three areas are entitlement reform, balancing the budget, and getting troops home from abroad.

Newt Gingrich - You used to be the rebel but now appear to be a creature of the system.
Rudy Giuliani - No, far too moderate on a party that already has trouble being conservative.

Ron Paul is intelligent, knowledgable and well-spoken. He speaks the truth. He won't get elected...probably for all of those reasons.

Sarah Palin is too polarizing. I have real concerns about her.

Never heard of Herman Cain until you mentioned him. But a quick Google search reveals an interesting potential candidate. Having someone with some non-governmental experience in the real business world would be good. He can relate to what's going on out in the real world rather than fantasize, philosophize and conjecture about like the current administration does.

From what I've read so far, I'd consider him.

Quote:

Plus they both look like career politicians.

post #12 of 41
Quote:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Jon Stewart

Quote:

Good people at least they both have a pair of balls to speak out not like Obama who double talks everything he says and his meek also.

these two posts seem to be more related than was intended.
Not sure if BR was serious or just posting a pun but I would not see that ticket having any chance of winning. Franken, while funny, is far too polarizing politically.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #13 of 41
If I had to choose some current politicians to be put into power, Franken and Weiner certainly are good choices. Bernie Sanders also would be pretty sweet. You're right, they have little chance of winning. But that has more to do with 60% of the country being so fucking stupid they don't even accept the science of evolution.

The question, though, wasn't who do you want who would win. The question was merely asking who we wanted.

And the fact that Trumpet and MJ would even consider Sarah Palin as a viable option just shows how out of touch with reality those two are.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #14 of 41
All you all would vote for Franken even thought he rigged he vote counting to win and disgraced himself in the Senate? That makes about as much sense as voting for Palin.
post #15 of 41
Quote:

great post, herman cain, (i love reading his stuff, has great presence) rocks, you are so right on with your others keep it coming
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #16 of 41
Quote:

But that has more to do with 60% of the country being so fucking stupid they don't even accept the science of evolution.

Or vote for Barack Obama.

Quote:

And the fact that Trumpet and MJ would even consider Sarah Palin as a viable option just shows how out of touch with reality those two are.

That you think I consider her a viable option (I don't) shows how out of touch with reality you are.

post #17 of 41
Your gripe about Palin is how polarizing she is. You fail to mention disliking her for other reasons.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #18 of 41
Quote:

If I had to choose some current politicians to be put into power, Franken and Weiner certainly are good choices. Bernie Sanders also would be pretty sweet. You're right, they have little chance of winning. But that has more to do with 60% of the country being so fucking stupid they don't even accept the science of evolution.

The question, though, wasn't who do you want who would win. The question was merely asking who we wanted.

I don't see any so far that I would be interested in voting for at this point. They all seem to be the same from what I can see. Or worse.

Maybe Ron Paul from the lists given so far. But I honestly don't know otherwise.

Ben Stein maybe?
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #19 of 41
Quote:

Your gripe about Palin is how polarizing she is. You fail to mention disliking her for other reasons.

And so, naturally, you jump to a conclusion that fits with the caricature you've created of me in your mind.

Sheesh.

I don't really care about Palin. I wouldn't vote for her. Is that clear enough?

post #20 of 41
Gary Johnson (he's definitely running)
Rand Paul (might run if Ron does not)
Ron Paul (can't win if he runs, although if he did run again I'd vote for him)

Now, who will probably be the top GOP-pushed candidates?
"Robo-Mitt" Romney
Tim Pawlenty
...???...

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Get the lowdown on the coming collapse:  http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

post #21 of 41
Quote:

Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Jon Stewart

I hope that is an April Fool's joke.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #22 of 41
Quote:

His system was not quite the same. It was a also a statewide thing as opposed to a national thing.

Quote:

I don't see where you reach tat conclusion.

Quote:

He's conservative where it matters, but I don't think he'll get the nomination.

Quote:

Don't think he can win. Too much of a Good Ol' Boy.

Quote:

Ron Paul will have a better chance as a Tea Party darling. I don't think Palin is going to run. I don't know Herman Cain.

Right now I have to look at who I think has a chance of winning. I like Romney and Huckabee in that order.
post #23 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I hope that is an April Fool's joke.

I wish it were, but that was before I found Jesus. I can't believe I wanted those atheist communist muslims in office. Here's my winning ticket:

President: A bible.
Vice President: Ron Paul.

We need to bring this country back to what it was founded on and there's no better way than to elect a bible to be president. Sure, we'll have to pass a constitutional amendment to allow it, but it's clearly what the founding fathers intended us to do given that they made a process to change our document. Meanwhile, in the same amendment, we will reaffirm and make the 2nd amendment unalterable because the founding fathers knew exactly what they were doing and we should never change a single word that they came up with.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #24 of 41
Quote:

Right now I have to look at who I think has a chance of winning. I like Romney and Huckabee in that order.

So you're not going to vote on the merits of the candidate? Anybody but Bush? I mean... Anybody but (God Forbid) another Democrat!!??

How noble of you!
post #25 of 41
Quote:

I wish it were, but that was before I found Jesus. I can't believe I wanted those atheist communist muslims in office. Here's my winning ticket:

President: A bible.
Vice President: Ron Paul.

We need to bring this country back to what it was founded on and there's no better way than to elect a bible to be president. Sure, we'll have to pass a constitutional amendment to allow it, but it's clearly what the founding fathers intended us to do given that they made a process to change our document. Meanwhile, in the same amendment, we will reaffirm and make the 2nd amendment unalterable because the founding fathers knew exactly what they were doing and we should never change a single word that they came up with.

Good idea. Muslims have Sharia Law. Why can't we build this country on something great, like the law of the Old Testament? Bring back stoning to death for adultery! Bring back parents' right to kill their own kids for being disrespectful! That'll bring the sinners in line, and all the problems of this country will just go away.
post #26 of 41
Quote:

Go!

Jobs,Environment,Economy,and Wars.For president perhaps John Kerry if he ever ran.
post #27 of 41
Quote:

Good idea. Muslims have Sharia Law. Why can't we build this country on something great, like the law of the Old Testament? Bring back stoning to death for adultery! Bring back parents' right to kill their own kids for being disrespectful! That'll bring the sinners in line, and all the problems of this country will just go away.

You are one sick puppy!Stay in Hong Kong please.
post #28 of 41
Quote:

You are one sick puppy!Stay in Hong Kong please.

Yes, we might wish for assheads who think like my facetious example (and there are more of such assheads currently living in the US than you might care to admit) would stay out of the US, but unfortunately, in the current era of cultural and political globalization, that's not enough.

But let's face the problems in the US first.

Have a look at Kucinich, Marv.

And I guess that was my April First "gotcha", even though it was April 2nd here when I posted it.
post #29 of 41
Quote:

Mostly all losers especially the idiot Palin.She is a complete imbecile regarding the history of the U.S.
post #30 of 41
Steve Jobs.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #31 of 41
Quote:

His system was not quite the same. It was a also a statewide thing as opposed to a national thing.

Bad is bad. The principle stands.

Quote:
I don't see where you reach tat conclusion.

I've reached it by watching and reading the man for almost 20 years. He used to be willing to say what needs to be said and do what needed to be done. Now he wouldn't, simple enough. There's no way he would shut down the government now for example.

Quote:
He's conservative where it matters, but I don't think he'll get the nomination.

Conservative for NY isn't saying much. He's essentially no different than Arnold Swarchenegger who really ended up being no different from a conservative Democrat at best, even for California.

Quote:
Don't think he can win. Too much of a Good Ol' Boy.

That's why I said he is tone-deaf on the matter. Even if he isn't, he doesn't know how to avoid such labels or be pro-active against them.

Quote:
Ron Paul will have a better chance as a Tea Party darling. I don't think Palin is going to run. I don't know Herman Cain.

Ron Paul is too old. While we can all wish this wasn't a consideration, there hasn't been a election I'm aware of where the country has gone back to electing the prior generation once the current generation has come to power. We would have to go from a 50 year old man to electing a 75 year old man. Ideas certainly count but it's hard to claim a 75 year old as a change agent in the age of television and a semi-informed electorate.
Quote:

Romney as I said is too damaged in my opinion. Romney is basically a Bush redux, a "conservative" Republican from New England which means not very conservative. Bush started off only semi-conservative and got worse from there. Romney starts to the left of even him. Huckabee does have a chance but for whatever reason appears not to move beyond a certain level of populism. I like what I've heard from him but again, whatever intangible qualities it takes to put someone over that line, he may not have it.

Quote:

Why worry about rule of law at all? It's clear most of those supporting illegal immigration and income transfers don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

Steve Jobs.

Something tells me the reality distortion field and the world magical would wear as thin as his hairline over the course of a campaign.

post #32 of 41
Quote:

Too new for me is also Chris Christie and Marco Rubio.

I like Paul who is not exactly new

One thing I would say is that our two party system has failed us. We need some people to step up and shake up the system.

Fellows

post #33 of 41
I, for one, think a Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee ticket would be amazing. Ron Paul has truly accepted the Christian principle that appearance matters more than substance. He has proposed millions of dollars of earmarks for his constituency but votes against the final bills to preserve his voting record. The appearance of propriety is key. America needs to look good to the rest of the world so that we can once again be a shining beacon upon the hill, even if things are a little messy behind closed doors and shielded from watchful eyes.

Mike Huckabee, again, exemplifies another beautiful Christian trait: forgiveness. When Mike raised his son to be capable of getting kicked out of the Boy Scouts for brutally slaying a dog at a summer camp (with help from a friend), Mike's son did not serve any jail time nor was ever investigated by the state police as he was 2 weeks shy of his 18th birthday. Mike forgave his son for hanging and stoning a dog to death. We should, too. It's a great lesson for America.

Both are great Christian men. Both deserve the presidency.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #34 of 41
Quote:

Mike Huckabee, again, exemplifies another beautiful Christian trait: forgiveness. When Mike raised his son to be capable of getting kicked out of the Boy Scouts for brutally slaying a dog at a summer camp (with help from a friend), Mike's son did not serve any jail time nor was ever investigated by the state police as he was 2 weeks shy of his 18th birthday. Mike forgave his son for hanging and stoning a dog to death. We should, too. It's a great lesson for America.

Both are great Christian men. Both deserve the presidency.

I'm feeling a great instance of history repeating itself. I'm starting to see a clearly planted meme out there trying to make some deal about Huckabee and hard drives.

So I'm making a prediction right now, that much like the Bush flight records, and Kerry purple hearts, much like McCain being born in Panama and Obama being born in Hawaii, this feeble attempt to make nothing into something will end up biting the DEMOCRATIC candidate in the butt.

The media double standard and blindspot will bit them in the ass once again because if there were ever a person who has hidden more about prior votes, writings even travelings and family members, it has been President Obama.

Look for this to come back on the Democrats in roughly August of 2012. It will of course be completely racist by that time.

post #35 of 41
Oh, I hope it does bite that Kenyan in the ass. And they certainly will classify it as racist. Huckabee is a great Christian with a great family. His family is what America truly looks like.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #36 of 41
Quote:

Oh, I hope it does bite that Kenyan in the ass. And they certainly will classify it as racist. Huckabee is a great Christian with a great family. His family is what America truly looks like.

We are a few days past the first now BR. Colbert has a team of writers. You've just got a big can of sadness.

post #37 of 41
When did they start canning Democrats and Atheists?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #38 of 41
Quote:

When did they start canning Democrats and Atheists?

Now that's funny.
NoahJ
NoahJ
post #39 of 41
Quote:

Yes, we might wish for assheads who think like my facetious example (and there are more of such assheads currently living in the US than you might care to admit) would stay out of the US, but unfortunately, in the current era of cultural and political globalization, that's not enough.

But let's face the problems in the US first.

Have a look at Kucinich, Marv.

And I guess that was my April First "gotcha", even though it was April 2nd here when I posted it.

Supposedly this was an April fools joke you claim.No one country is perfect let us remember that.
post #40 of 41
Quote:

We are a few days past the first now BR. Colbert has a team of writers. You've just got a big can of sadness.

Mike H. is plastic like his family shown and his phony smile.Not knowing what he did with these so called documents that disappeared at his own convenience.Watch out for religious ones!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Who do you want for US President and Why?