or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad 2 Online Orders — Canada
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPad 2 Online Orders — Canada

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
It was 4:15 EDT and I placed my order for my 32GB WiFi iPad 2 with a black leather Smart Cover. I will get around 2 weeks after it ships which takes 2-3 weeks. No glitch whatsoever during the order, though.

I'm not crazy enough to go do the queue. Waking up in the middle of the night is well enough!

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #2 of 34
I ordered around the same time. I am hoping that they defaulted to 2-3 weeks and will adjust based on inventory. It was pretty darn early and I am not supposed to receive it till April 22....brutal.
post #3 of 34
Glad I got up in the middle of the night and ordered when it was still 2-3 weeks.
post #4 of 34

I was crossing my fingers for a few days delay time having ordered it 2 minutes after it was available.
This might sound stupid and obsessive but I started getting worried when the "Currently Not available" wasn't gone by 1:04 PST
post #5 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassyfa View Post

I was just wondering what the different price points are when you order an iPad 2 online at apple.com.

20$ difference (higher in Canada)
post #6 of 34
My iPad Smart Cover shipped today, it is supposed to arrive on the 4th of April, so 17 days earlier than the initial estimate. I hope the iPad is equally ahead of schedule.
post #7 of 34
So Apple Retail stores now let customers reserve an iPad and pick it up the next day, but those who ordered online last week are still waiting for their to be shipped. Uh-huh...

So I reserved one at my local Apple store yesterday, picked it up today... it's 16gb instead of the 32gb I ordered, but I figure I can always take this one back within 2 weeks, so it's like a loaner for my wait

I'm also wondering if 16gb isn't enough in the end. I have an iPhone 4 with 32gb already and don't plan on putting any music on my iPad.
I'm never really in a situation where I need to watch movies on my iPad so other than trying it out for fun, i think I'll be ok with just apps.

Anybody bought a 32gb or 64gb and find it's way more than they need?
post #8 of 34
Has anyone's status changed yet? I was hoping to be surprised with an early shipment. Figured they'd have some ship out immediately. It's been a tough wait!
post #9 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Has anyone's status changed yet? I was hoping to be surprised with an early shipment. Figured they'd have some ship out immediately. It's been a tough wait!

Actually, my estimated shipping date hasn't changed, but now the arrival day is 3 days earlier.
used to be ship on 14th, arrive on 22nd.
now it's ship on 14th, arrive on 19th.

Also it says Prepared for shipment where it used to say:"Not yet shipped".
post #10 of 34
Shipped!!! Apple says to expect it the 11th, FedEx says the 7th! not bad, 2 weeks early.
post #11 of 34
Oh man, I am jealous. I hope this signals a change in my status soon. I am just hoping for sometime next week.
post #12 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Oh man, I am jealous. I hope this signals a change in my status soon. I am just hoping for sometime next week.

You ordered on March 25th no? I'm surprised your status hasn't changed already...
post #13 of 34
Yeah, my order went through at 4:25am. I set my iPhone alarm to no sound. I didn't realize that it would do no vibration too, kinda dumb. Anyways, you'd still think that was early enough to be in the first wave....apparently not.
post #14 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Yeah, my order went through at 4:25am. I set my iPhone alarm to no sound. I didn't realize that it would do no vibration too, kinda dumb. Anyways, you'd still think that was early enough to be in the first wave....apparently not.

I take it you aren't near an Apple Store though? I picked one up from the Apple Store near my place after reserving it online after 9pm... going to bring it back within two weeks, so it's like on loan until mine arrives... after all I had to something with my smart cover...
post #15 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

I take it you aren't near an Apple Store though? I picked one up from the Apple Store near my place after reserving it online after 9pm... going to bring it back within two weeks, so it's like on loan until mine arrives... after all I had to something with my smart cover...

No, I am in London. I wish I had known ahead of time that Mostly Digital (a local Mac store) was taking pre-orders. I would have been all over that!
post #16 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

Actually, my estimated shipping date hasn't changed, but now the arrival day is 3 days earlier.
used to be ship on 14th, arrive on 22nd.
now it's ship on 14th, arrive on 19th.

Also it says Prepared for shipment where it used to say:"Not yet shipped".

My order just did the exact same thing. Here's hoping tomorrow is the ship date!

Edit:

It shipped late last night from Shenzen, CN. It is already in Mississauga. Wild.

I wonder how many people have received their shipments, so far.
post #17 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

My order just did the exact same thing. Here's hoping tomorrow is the ship date!

Edit:

It shipped late last night from Shenzen, CN. It is already in Mississauga. Wild.

I wonder how many people have received their shipments, so far.

You lucky bastard, mine is still in Shenzhen!
post #18 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

You lucky bastard, mine is still in Shenzhen!

Brutal. It was the customs paperwork that was listed in Mississauga. The iPad missed the damn cut off for today. Still in China. New receive date as the 13th. Very frustrating. They got me all excited for nothing. Nothing!!
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Brutal. It was the customs paperwork that was listed in Mississauga. The iPad missed the damn cut off for today. Still in China. New receive date as the 13th. Very frustrating. They got me all excited for nothing. Nothing!!

ugh... still, we're closer than ever before!
post #20 of 34
mine is somewhere between indianapolis and Montreal, I hope they are driving it over here in a Nascar!
post #21 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

mine is somewhere between indianapolis and Montreal, I hope they are driving it over here in a Nascar!

O-M-G!
O-M-G!
O-M-G!

Apple just shipped my iPad 2. A WEEK IN ADVANCE! It was supposed to ship on 15/04. Instead I'll get it on 13/04.

HAHAHA

I suppose that I would have gotten it even earlier if I hadn't customised it!

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #22 of 34
my fedex estimated delivery date was a bit off, it was supposed to arrive yesterday but the window came and shut.
monday I guess...
post #23 of 34
It just arrived! woohooo
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

It just arrived! woohooo

Mine arrived around the same time. I wasn't very productive at work!
post #25 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienzed View Post

It just arrived! woohooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam'ron View Post

Mine arrived around the same time. I wasn't very productive at work!

Damn you both!

Considering that I was supposed to only get my iPad on the 22nd, and now I'm getting it 2 days after you, because it's customised, I'll let it slide! HAHA

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #26 of 34
hehe, now, to find a use for it
post #27 of 34
Thread Starter 
How am I f-ing supposed to get my iPad 2 tomorrow as expected if the iPad is stuck in Alaska since Sunday, huh? It usually stops in Memphis before getting here. WTF :@

Me wants me iPad 2

Going to have to wait until Friday or next week?!!?

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #28 of 34
Alaska is probably just the last place it was scanned. I think Memphis is just where papers are signed, the iPad doesn't necessarily 'go' there physically. My estimated date was off though, so yours may be as well.
post #29 of 34
Thread Starter 
It never happened with me before with Apple/FedEx. They were always dead right on time. The package always lands in Memphis or Indianapolis in my case. And at this moment it's in Indianapolis…

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #30 of 34
Has it left the facility yet?
post #31 of 34
Thread Starter 
Here:

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #32 of 34
Looks like a friday arrival for you!
post #33 of 34
Thread Starter 
Indeed! At 10:45 this morning! Finally, the wait is over! Ordered on 25/03, delivered on 15/04. 3 weeks in total. And it's customised. Not so bad.

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply

iMac mid 2011 • 27 in • 3,4 GHz Core i7 • 32 GB RAM • AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB VRAM

Reply
post #34 of 34
congratulations! enjoy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › iPad 2 Online Orders — Canada