or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › No new iPhone hardware expected at Apple's software-centric WWDC - report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No new iPhone hardware expected at Apple's software-centric WWDC - report

post #1 of 76
Thread Starter 
Apple is not expected to introduce a new iPhone at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference in June, as it has done in years past, and will instead focus on software for the 2011 show, according to a new report.

Jim Dalrymple at The Loop reported Monday that sources have informed him that the upcoming WWDC in June is a "software show," and "not a hardware event." This year, Apple reportedly plans to focus on iOS, which powers the iPhone and iPad, as well as the upcoming release of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

Apple set the tone earlier Monday in announcing that WWDC would be held June 6 through June 10 at Moscone West in San Francisco, Calif. In its announcement, Apple said that this year's show would be used to "unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS."

A preview of the next version of iOS is typically shown to developers at a special event prior to the June WWCC show. But Apple's announcement would suggest that the company will instead give developers their first look at the anticipated iOS 5 in June.

Apple's statement that this year's WWDC will focus on software corroborates with what sources have told The Loop. That would mean Apple will break from its annual release cycle for new iPhone hardware. Likewise, new iPad and Mac hardware were also ruled out.

"It's important to remember that this is a developer conference, not a consumer show," Dalrymple wrote. "Apple will host developers from around the world to show them what's new in their mobile and Mac operating systems."

The news follows another rumor that Apple is working on a cloud-based update to iOS that will arrive this fall. The major update to iOS will allegedly add support for accessing music, photos, movies and other content from remote storage on the Internet.
post #2 of 76
I almost find this a little hard to believe. Apple, if anything, should release new devices a little faster than a year apart.
post #3 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple will break from its annual release cycle for new iPhone hardware. Likewise, new iPad and Mac hardware were also ruled out.

Apple's hardware lines used to run different OSes, but Mac OS X Lion and iOS 5 seem to represent a convergence as has never been seen. The closer Mac OS X and iOS come to becoming a single, unified OS, the less need there is, from an OS standpoint, to stagger the various hardware releases. This could be part of Apple's motivation for reworking its product release schedule.

"Be aware of wonder." ~ Robert Fulghum

Reply

"Be aware of wonder." ~ Robert Fulghum

Reply
post #4 of 76
Suddenly the verizon iPhone debut makes some more sense. Some were wondering why they should buy an iPhone 4 when a new one was just 4 months away. Ah, not 4 months away.

Also makes sense with the rumor about no iOS five till fall.

We've gotta remember that not every rumor is an employee spilling beans against company wishes. Rumors are a well-established way for a company to manage expectations.

I now definitely expect iPhone 5 with iOS 5 and not till late summer at earliest.

iOS 5 (Universal), Lion, iPhone 5, maybe ATV 3 all come out together. Lion w/in-built server software ties MMe cloud and cloud apps to iOS 5 on devices, of which iPhone 5 is the flagship.
post #5 of 76
I think I believe this now.
post #6 of 76
If true, it suggests that the next iPhone will either be released later than normal, or it will simply be an iPhone 4+, not an iPhone 5 (even if it's called a 5, it would have only marginal spec improvement). And if it's a 4+, what does that mean for when we'd see a "real" 5? They aren't going to do a spec increase in June/July and then release a whole new iPhone later in the year.

Perhaps they are waiting for further build-out of LTE so the next redesign can be an LTE phone? Maybe iOS 5 is going to take longer to deliver so they delay the accompanying new hardware (recall that at about the 4th or 5th iteration of Mac OS X they started lengthening the OS release timelines).
post #7 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

Apple's hardware lines used to run different OSes, but Mac OS X Lion and iOS 5 seem to represent a convergence as has never been seen. The closer Mac OS X and iOS come to becoming a single, unified OS, the less need there is, from an OS standpoint, to stagger the various hardware releases. This could be part of Apple's motivation for reworking its product release schedule.

The thing is the OSX side of this convergence seems quite challenging. I'm not sure if Lion will actually make things that much easier, it still needs a lot of reworking to "become" more like iOS. iOS users do still find OSX weird, at least initially. Lion does seem a mish-mash of sorts... The Dock still there with Lanchpad as well? Hmm...
post #8 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Suddenly the verizon iPhone debut makes some more sense. Some were wondering why they should buy an iPhone 4 when a new one was just 4 months away. Ah, not 4 months away.

Also makes sense with the rumor about no iOS five till fall.

The white iPhone launch "in spring" also makes sense now.

The other rumor this could confirm is that the next iPhone is not named the iPhone 5, but the iPhone 4G. The smaller, lower-power-consuming LTE chips are due to arrive from Qualcomm this summer, and maybe Apple has completely bought up the initial supplies. The whole MobileMe cloud focus makes much more sense when using LTE.

Of course, the next question is will there be a new LTE iPad as well? How fast will Qualcomm be able to produce these chips?

I guess we can expect the next iPhone launch in early September (week of Labor Day), alongside any new iPods, in preparation for the Christmas selling season.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
post #9 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post

I almost find this a little hard to believe. Apple, if anything, should release new devices a little faster than a year apart.

But you are missing the genious of Apple's marketing.

Just think of all the free publicity Apple has gotten from the predictable annual iPhone releases. People know the new iPhone will be released in the summer, so in the spring they hold off buying a new iPhone. This creates a backlog of demand so when the new model is released there are huge crowds lined up at the Apple Store waiting to buy the latest iPhone. Then Apple struggles mightily to ramp up production to meet demand, all the while the news coverage of poeple trying to get an iPhone gives Apple millions of dollars of free publicity and brainwashing of the iPhone being a "must-have" device.

If Apple released more frequent updates, and especially if it was unpredicatble, each event would be much less of an "event" and the iPhone would be just another smartphone (ok, not really, but you get the point).
post #10 of 76
It makes sense from the perspective that Verizon just got the iPhone 4 and Apple is giving them a few more months to sell it before the upgrade cycle begins. Besides there is nothing on the horizon from the competition so they are going to try to synchronize AT&T and Verizon without putting Verizon at a disadvantage or too much delay for AT&T users.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #11 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

If true, it suggests that the next iPhone will either be released later than normal, or it will simply be an iPhone 4+, not an iPhone 5 (even if it's called a 5, it would have only marginal spec improvement). And if it's a 4+, what does that mean for when we'd see a "real" 5? They aren't going to do a spec increase in June/July and then release a whole new iPhone later in the year.

Perhaps they are waiting for further build-out of LTE so the next redesign can be an LTE phone? Maybe iOS 5 is going to take longer to deliver so they delay the accompanying new hardware (recall that at about the 4th or 5th iteration of Mac OS X they started lengthening the OS release timelines).

iPhone 4+ = White

Gotta have a reason to line up at the Apple store, put up an unboxing video on YouTube, blog endlessly about it, etc, etc.
post #12 of 76
Even if the WWDC is primarily a software event, the updated iPhone could still be introduced. I'm not expecting many changes from the iPhone 4, probably better cameras and double the storage.
Mac user since August 1983.
Reply
Mac user since August 1983.
Reply
post #13 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Apple's statement that this year's WWDC will focus on software corroborates with what sources have told The Loop. That would mean Apple will break from its annual release cycle for new iPhone hardware. Likewise, new iPad and Mac hardware were also ruled out.

I hope this is not the case. While they may not focus on hardware or even announce the iPhone5 at WWDC, it doesn't mean that it will be delayed. Likewise, there is no rule that says the new handset cannot ship with iOS 4 and then be upgraded to iOS5 when it is ready in the fall. The iPad 1 came out in April with an earlier version of iOS and was announced that it would be updated in the Fall. So I think they can do the same with iphone. I don't think Apple wants to wait when they know they have customers ready to upgrade.
post #14 of 76
The hardware in the iDevices is pretty well up to date in my opinion. Unless they want to try put the A5 in an iPhone but not sure the thermals will allow that. It makes sense for them to concentrate on software at this point, until hardware is ready to make another leap. It's like Intel's tick-tock, alternating process and architecture, Apple almost needs to alternate hardware-software-hardware-software.
post #15 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarling View Post

Even if the WWDC is primarily a software event, the updated iPhone could still be introduced. I'm not expecting many changes from the iPhone 4, probably better cameras and double the storage.

I agree. The WWDC was ALWAYS a software event in the sense that the WWDC has always been used to train programmers how to program for the various Mac OS's.

Releasing the iPhone at these events was icing on the cake.

An earlier report claims that iOS5 is not being released in June and will probably be released in September instead. That might be a bigger indication that the iPhone will be released in the Fall. But stating that the iPhone5 will not be released at the WWDC because "it's a software-based 'show'" makes no sense to me. WWDC is not a show, never has been.
post #16 of 76
Hopefully any "delay" in the iPhone 5 launch means they are working to include an LTE chip in it. Apple will be really behind the curve if they wait until mid-2012 to release an LTE-capable phone. A few coworkers of mine bought HTC Thunderbolts, and have been getting 30Mbps download speeds. Would make iTunes downloads really quick!
post #17 of 76
I think this is good news. People are too impatient and demand things too quickly. There's no use in updating just for the sake of updating if nothing significant in terms of new features or design is added. At least we don't have to hear about any whining about a retina display for the next iPhone, seeing as the current model already has one. Those who really need or want an iPhone 5 will wait, those who can not wait are free to go and buy an Android phone or whatever, there's plenty of choices out there. Personally, I don't even have an iPhone, I still use an extremely stupid phone, the simplest one I could find. Phones annoy me and I find them too intrusive.
post #18 of 76
Just a quick note:

If Apple doesn't release a full-on iPhone 5 this year and instead opts to do a "4+" or whatever, then the next model after that would not be the iPhone 5; instead, it would be the iPhone 6, since the 4+ would be the fifth model released.
post #19 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The hardware in the iDevices is pretty well up to date in my opinion. Unless they want to try put the A5 in an iPhone but not sure the thermals will allow that. It makes sense for them to concentrate on software at this point, until hardware is ready to make another leap. It's like Intel's tick-tock, alternating process and architecture, Apple almost needs to alternate hardware-software-hardware-software.

Well for starters, the hardware may already be in place to make a "leap". We obviously have no way to know this. But more importantly, the hardware does not always have to make a leap. I for one don't consider the 3G a leap over the original iPhone, and honestly, it was a bit of a step back in terms of design. The original was far superior on design and construction. Likewise, the 3Gs was almost physically identical so it definitely was no leap. The iP4 was a big leap forward, but they won't always make such big changes for every iteration. They may or may not go with the A5 for iP5, but I am thinking they will. They already have the hardware, and everyone is expecting it, so it's not a huge undertaking. All they really need to do is slightly tweak the back so that it is no longer glass and maybe up the storage, and we are in business.
post #20 of 76
Apart from the original iPhone, all iPhone's have been announced at WWDC and released within a few days or a few weeks.
I expect iPhone 5 to be announced at WWDC as do most logical thinking people who have followed Apple in the last 10 years
post #21 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmicronTurtle View Post

Apart from the original iPhone, all iPhone's have been announced at WWDC and released within a few days or a few weeks.
I expect iPhone 5 to be announced at WWDC as do most logical thinking people who have followed Apple in the last 10 years

Just when you think you've got it figured out, Apple changes. (Although I think Apple is changing the schedule because it's waiting for the new LTE chips, and the externals aren't changing much.)

Note that Apple has stopped giving quick sales-on-launch updates. After several years of doing so, it didn't happen for the Verizon iPhone 4 and for the iPad 2.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
post #22 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmicronTurtle View Post

Apart from the original iPhone, all iPhone's have been announced at WWDC and released within a few days or a few weeks.
I expect iPhone 5 to be announced at WWDC as do most logical thinking people who have followed Apple in the last 10 years

:Thumbsup

By June, almost all other smartphone manufacturers would have multi-core phones dominating their product lineups, there's no way Apple could just lay low and wait till Sep to sell the iPhone 5. This is totally different from the case of iPad, Android is a lot more competitive in this space and if you ask me, I'd say Apple would actually introduce multiple smartphones at WWDC instead of nothing.
post #23 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by guch20 View Post

Just a quick note:

If Apple doesn't release a full-on iPhone 5 this year and instead opts to do a "4+" or whatever, then the next model after that would not be the iPhone 5; instead, it would be the iPhone 6, since the 4+ would be the fifth model released.

I don't really care what it is called, as long as it is a good product. I hope that they do not get too predictable with the numbers personally, but as long as it's not the iPhone Turd I'm good.
post #24 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggin View Post

But you are missing the genious of Apple's marketing.

Just think of all the free publicity Apple has gotten from the predictable annual iPhone releases. People know the new iPhone will be released in the summer, so in the spring they hold off buying a new iPhone. This creates a backlog of demand so when the new model is released there are huge crowds lined up at the Apple Store waiting to buy the latest iPhone. Then Apple struggles mightily to ramp up production to meet demand, all the while the news coverage of poeple trying to get an iPhone gives Apple millions of dollars of free publicity and brainwashing of the iPhone being a "must-have" device.

If Apple released more frequent updates, and especially if it was unpredicatble, each event would be much less of an "event" and the iPhone would be just another smartphone (ok, not really, but you get the point).

Interesting logic. So you're basically saying that by being predictable you can make people line up for stuff and have them think they are buying a 'must-have' device? So, to re-phrase, Apple benefits from cannibalizing their own sales first by being predictable, then cannibalizing the same sales again by not being able to meet demand? All because they like seeing a lot of people line up in front of their stores and having to disappoint them by only having 25 units in store at launch day?

On second thought: stupid logic, that doesn't make sense.

The yearly updates have only one reason: to allow a time frame of exactly 1 year for the R&D that goes into their hardware updates. If they wait a lot longer, they will be overtaken by the competition. If they use much shorter update cycles, they can only make small jumps between versions. This last strategy might work well in the low-margin, high-volume market, but that's not where Apple is competing. There is no need for conspiracy theories to explain Apple's yearly update cycles, and Apple does not need to screw their own sales and customers over for some free PR, they get enough PR anyway, largely by simply making great products that appeal to a lot of people.

It's funny how at first the iPhone was a hype, but now that this hype already lasts 4 years, suddenly it's not a hype anymore, but some sort of ingenuous PR mind control scheme that makes people think they need an iPhone, because Apple makes people line up at their stores by employing a yearly update cycle.

Don't you think that's a little bit far-fetched yourself?
post #25 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The hardware in the iDevices is pretty well up to date in my opinion. Unless they want to try put the A5 in an iPhone but not sure the thermals will allow that. It makes sense for them to concentrate on software at this point, until hardware is ready to make another leap. It's like Intel's tick-tock, alternating process and architecture, Apple almost needs to alternate hardware-software-hardware-software.

Yeah, 3G, Single core, lack of NFC are all state-of-the art when it comes to high end smart phones.

iPad2 16 GB
iPhone 5 32 GB

Reply

iPad2 16 GB
iPhone 5 32 GB

Reply
post #26 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by drobforever View Post

:Thumbsup

By June, almost all other smartphone manufacturers would have multi-core phones dominating their product lineups, there's no way Apple could just lay low and wait till Sep to sell the iPhone 5. This is totally different from the case of iPad, Android is a lot more competitive in this space and if you ask me, I'd say Apple would actually introduce multiple smartphones at WWDC instead of nothing.

Agreed~ Maybe not with multiple phones, but they definitely do not want to let the competition get ahead. And even if they don't announce/unveil the new phone at WWDC doesn't mean they won't hold a special event a couple of weeks or so before. Since iOS4 is running very well, there is no need to rush iOS5 out the door. It can wait a bit. But the new phone can't wait unless they want to risk losing some people. It won't cause me to run to Android, but others will.
post #27 of 76
IOS and Mac OS are a lot closer than you seem to gather or are aware of. IOS derived from Mac OS and the cross breeding has been going on ever since. The neat thing about iPhone is that it is basically UNIX in your pocket and probably that is why there is such a strong interest from hackers.

Granted this version of UNIX doesn't have the GUI of Mac OS, but it doesn't have gnome or KDE either. Instead it has a GUI designed specifically for hand held devices. Underneath that GUI though iOS are extremely similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaCameron View Post

Apple's hardware lines used to run different OSes, but Mac OS X Lion and iOS 5 seem to represent a convergence as has never been seen.

It is pretty hard to converge when you are growing out of the same trunk. Seriously I don't know why this crap persists iOS is the child of Mac OS and ever since it's release there has been a back and forth flow of new technology. This is not something that is new.

Beyond that a few simple GUI changes that derive from iOS doesn't imply that Mac IS will end up looking exactly like iOS. We have experienced user interface changes for years and the new features in Lion are not that special.
Quote:
The closer Mac OS X and iOS come to becoming a single, unified OS, the less need there is, from an OS standpoint, to stagger the various hardware releases. This could be part of Apple's motivation for reworking its product release schedule.

I have a hard time believing there will be a unified OS, the reason is fairly clear and is why iOS exist in the first place - that which works on the desktop doesn't always work on a handheld device. I just don't see Apple throwing away what has become obvious to their success for an unneeded unification of the GUIs. In the end what you are really talking about here is the GUI as the lower level software is surprisingly similar.

In any event I'm just not down with this blowing the idea of a few GUI changes up into a big to do about a unified OS. Think about it; much of the supplied software, the libraries and such, are already exactly alike or extremely similar and have been for years. It is amazing so many mis the idea that iOS puts Mac OS or UNIX if you will, into your pocket.
post #28 of 76
Great, it's time for everyone to calm down a bit. This race was getting dangerous.

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply

Which of us is the fisherman and which the trout?

Reply
post #29 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by guch20 View Post

Just a quick note:

If Apple doesn't release a full-on iPhone 5 this year and instead opts to do a "4+" or whatever, then the next model after that would not be the iPhone 5; instead, it would be the iPhone 6, since the 4+ would be the fifth model released.

Could well be,

iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4 CDMA....

what's next,

iPhone 4s, iPhone 4nfc

then,

iPhone 5

who knows, but I think iPhone 5 sounds better as a next step, even if, as you point out, it will probably be the 6th gen model.
post #30 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Agreed~ Maybe not with multiple phones, but they definitely do not want to let the competition get ahead. And even if they don't announce/unveil the new phone at WWDC doesn't mean they won't hold a special event a couple of weeks or so before.

In the past we have seen new hardware release in the weeks leadin up to WWDC. As to iPhone I can see it being strung out past summer easy. It is all about chips. In that regard Apple will likely want LTE and a 32/28 mm A5. I was actually shocked to hear that iPads A5 wasn't at 32nm as this is pretty much required in a cell phone.
post #31 of 76
If true, this wouldn't' surprise me. Apple uses the same engineers to code OSX as iOS. Since Lion is a major update to iOS, the engineers would have been busy with that. Since it is in the Beta stage now, those engineers probably are now back working on IOS.
post #32 of 76
iPhone 4s will be released at a special media event on 3 May.

WWDC will focus on software development for OSX Lion and iOS 5.
post #33 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

The hardware in the iDevices is pretty well up to date in my opinion. Unless they want to try put the A5 in an iPhone but not sure the thermals will allow that. It makes sense for them to concentrate on software at this point, until hardware is ready to make another leap. It's like Intel's tick-tock, alternating process and architecture, Apple almost needs to alternate hardware-software-hardware-software.

I'm not so sure. I thought my iPhone 4 was just fine and plenty fast enough until 4.3 came out and now the UI is full of tiny pauses. They use the software update to cripple the current models a bit so that when the new slightly faster ones come out you will upgrade.

I fully expect iPhone 5 to have almost no compelling new features or capabilities that I personally need, (best bet on the changes seems to be that it will be a "world phone" with NFC tech), but because of the above I also fully expect to be upgrading anyway.
post #34 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

iPhone 4s will be released at a special media event on 3 May. ...

May is the zenith of the year in terms of the natural world, so this makes some kind of sense.
post #35 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGeminiPA View Post

I almost find this a little hard to believe. Apple, if anything, should release new devices a little faster than a year apart.

I disagree. This is one time when Apple's strategy of simple product lines works in their favour.

It's already hard enough to even supply the iPhone for the year that it's out and the majority of their missed sales are missed opportunities because of supply line problems. The iPhone 5 is predicted to sell a hundred million units, more than all the previous iPhones combined. If there wasn't a full year, or if there were multiple models it would be even harder.

Also, if that curve continues, then iPhone 6 will be selling in the hundreds (plural) of millions, and iPhone 7 even more. Even if they were doing multiple models and release dates now, at some point they would have to drop back to supplying one model a year anyway. This is just my opinion of course, but it seems way easier to stick to the once a year, one new model a year thing.
post #36 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post

iPhone 4s will be released at a special media event on 3 May.

WWDC will focus on software development for OSX Lion and iOS 5.

To finish out your prediction... will this new 4s bring the A5 chip and improved graphics a la iPad2? Will it include a slightly tweaked enclosure eliminating the glass back panel, or will it be physically identical to iP4? I'm just curious about your vision.
post #37 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddych View Post

Yeah, 3G, Single core, lack of NFC are all state-of-the art when it comes to high end smart phones.

To each their own, but IMO the changes to 4G and NFC are not quite 'game changing or a jump in capabilities' to the masses. Going to 3G, a camera, GPS etc was more so. 4G/LTE, NFC makes for good marketing PR though.

Now, if they were to add thunderbolt, that would be huge. Syncing, transfering movies on and off the device, etc is a pain. NO WAY do I want to sync to cloud etc even with LTE... don't even go there. 3G ATT is plenty fast to down load music, apps, stream video etc.... .bleh... Im ranting, sorry.
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
Reply
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side, kid.
Reply
post #38 of 76
I called it a few months back.
There is no reason for Apple to continue with their yearly release schedule.
Other than everybody being so anxious to get their hands on the newest thing Apple.
They have shown that they really don't have any REAL competition other than themselves.
Sure we will have the new Android flavor of the month. But everybody is finally realizing
that Google is no Apple. Sure they will have their 2 or 3 great Apps. But it is nowhere
near the experience. Also, once the full benefits of the MobileMe (Data Farm) provisions start to show up. Also Apple's implementation of their Siri Butler services show up for voice commands, along with their new Map designed service. Any little advantages from Android will disappear.
post #39 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmicronTurtle View Post

Apart from the original iPhone, all iPhone's have been announced at WWDC and released within a few days or a few weeks.
I expect iPhone 5 to be announced at WWDC as do most logical thinking people who have followed Apple in the last 10 years

Here's hoping you're right. I've been waiting way to long to only be strung along for who knows how many more months.
post #40 of 76
Quote:
A preview of the next version of iOS is typically shown to developers at a special event prior to the June WWCC show. But Apple's announcement would suggest that the company will instead give developers their first look at the anticipated iOS 5 in June.

That's stupid. The invitation says "at this years conference we are going to unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS." If that suggests we're not going to see iOS 5 before June it also suggests that we're not going to see the next version of Mac OS before June. But we've already had TWO previews of the next version of Mac OS (at the Back to the Mac event and on their website after the developer release).

What exactly are they going to 'unveil' about Mac OS? You can't just ignore one half of the quote.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • No new iPhone hardware expected at Apple's software-centric WWDC - report
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › No new iPhone hardware expected at Apple's software-centric WWDC - report